Board3 Portal

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
relaxed4u

Re: Board3 Portal

Post by relaxed4u » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

PInUp Error
You must be logged in as an admin.
Go to login

I'm installing this on localhost and i recive this error,?

help

Vallkas

Post by Vallkas » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi:

I have a small problem and is the name that comes in the side blocks of the portal, when the name is put in two long lines and I like to put it into one line.

Edit:

Problem solved

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi,
I posted this over on the Board III's site thru the ticket help center, though I thought I'd give it a shot here too because I think this is a rather quick and clean question. If anyone can fill me in I will hop over there and post back. ;)

I am ready to install this modification and have all of my files downloaded and modded locally, that all went well. But my concern is over the installation script.

When we migrated from phpBB v2 to v3, we added a new prefix to our database.

We went from phpbb_ to phpbb3_. In the files I see "phpbb_portal_"..... Is this okay to use "as is" or do I need to change this to "phpbb3_portal_". I am afraid to just change it because I might make something else not work, yet if I don't change it, when we out-grow our dB and eventually drop those old v2 tables I could lose tables because they are mis-identified.

Thanks for the help!
Jeanne

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:52 pm

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:Hi,
I posted this over on the Board III's site thru the ticket help center, though I thought I'd give it a shot here too because I think this is a rather quick and clean question. If anyone can fill me in I will hop over there and post back. ;)

I am ready to install this modification and have all of my files downloaded and modded locally, that all went well. But my concern is over the installation script.

When we migrated from phpBB v2 to v3, we added a new prefix to our database.

We went from phpbb_ to phpbb3_. In the files I see "phpbb_portal_"..... Is this okay to use "as is" or do I need to change this to "phpbb3_portal_". I am afraid to just change it because I might make something else not work, yet if I don't change it, when we out-grow our dB and eventually drop those old v2 tables I could lose tables because they are mis-identified.

Thanks for the help!
Jeanne
I hope this does not look like a bump.

Over on the phpBB III Board Marc told me that the prefix picked up whichever was appropriate for our forum, and the install script worked just fine. All is well. Posting back to let people know if they have the same problem and to know that this topic is solved. ;)

beyondbg

Post by beyondbg » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 pm

OMG Before a mounth I've installed the mod and it worked perfectly fine ,but now its something else.I can't bealive whats!?!?

Everytime when I try to install it I get:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'a.portal_config_table' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT config_value as version FROM PORTAL_CONFIG_TABLE WHERE config_name = 'portal_version' LIMIT 1

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 205
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: install_portal/install.php
LINE: 51
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
I've removed the edits from constants.php and its the same.Each time when I tried ,I've purged my browsers cache.I undo every single new code from the files ,and I get the same error!!!!
There is NO place ,that requers the stupid PHPBB_PORTAL_CONFIG ,but I get the same shit.
I reupload all files ,from the original phpBB package ,3 times ,but I get the supid error again.I reuploaded the files ,one by one ,but guess what..? I will delete this supid board ,if doesn't work. :@ I've purged all the cache..pisna mi.

murdmon

Post by murdmon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 am

Ok Im trying to get rid of my header on in my forum page (index)...and would like to only have my header only in the Portal page... I have played around with it alittle but no luck..I am also wanting my Portal page as my home page (and of course change the name Portal to Home)....IS this possible....

Woblee

Post by Woblee » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi,

can someone tell me which version of this mod I should be running. The first page of this topic and the mods database shows v1.0.2 but over on the .de site it has been released up to version 1.0.4.

Will there be any more updates released via phpBB or are the updates only going to be released on the .de site?

Can someone please clear up my confusion so I don't get left behing with the bugfixes and what-not.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 pm

1.0.4 is the newest package and is currently pending in the MOD-DB Queue.

@beyondbg: You are missing the edits to constants.php

Woblee

Post by Woblee » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Ah great, thanks for that.

can I go straight from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4?

murdmon

Post by murdmon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Wonderful mod!!!
It would be more wonderful if there was a possibility of adding a custom block...is there a way???

and also How to put the Portal as my home page (redirect link)??

barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Custom blocks are included. Have a look at the menu on the left of your .mod tab in the acp.
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:20 am

@Woblee: Well, you'll have to do two update instructions, but it's more or less possible. You will have to do the update instructions from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 and then from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 in the contrib-folder.

@murdmon: You usually make it your homepage by editing .htaccess, but only if this is possible using your hoster. If it doesn't work, asking your hoster probably could help solve the problem for you.

murdmon

Post by murdmon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 am

marc1706 wrote:@Woblee: Well, you'll have to do two update instructions, but it's more or less possible. You will have to do the update instructions from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 and then from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 in the contrib-folder.

@murdmon: You usually make it your homepage by editing .htaccess, but only if this is possible using your hoster. If it doesn't work, asking your hoster probably could help solve the problem for you.

Yea my mistake...I do have a custom block but I really need one more block....Is this possible

thanks for the redirect part very simple

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:10 am

There is something like a Knowledge Base on our homepage: http://www.board3.de/knowledge/kb_show.php?id=51
I know it says that it's for 1.0.3, but it should also work for 1.0.4.

Crocodile442
Name: Paul Stallibrass

Post by Crocodile442 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm

I am having a problem with the Recent bots block. It shows bots that have visited but not the latest bots. the last bots it shows are back in May and June. The ACP shows bots that have visited today?? Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this?

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”