Board3 Portal

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
sphameed

Re: Board3 Portal

Post by sphameed »

wow excellent mod totally changed my home page great work
here you can see the changes
http://spdevice.com/
how to add code in rainbow pearl please guide me

sphameed :) :)
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

i installed it and everything went fine , no errors whatsoever... but there is no portal on my forum!!! what's the problem?? I'm using BF_VISTA style... Please a bit of help/ :beg:

Edit: ok i actually found it.. but this makes no sense.. i have to click on portal buttons to visualize the portal!! shouldn't it be the first oage of my forum??? any clue??

and another question, what's the file that i have to mod, in order to have my forum style?? is it the portal body??

thanks a million in advance guys..

here the images:

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Did you do the edits to the .htaccess files? If yes, does your hoster support .htaccess files?
Also, a link to your board would be helpful.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

marc1706 wrote:Did you do the edits to the .htaccess files? If yes, does your hoster support .htaccess files?
Also, a link to your board would be helpful.
http://www.newage-os.org

thanks for your reply. actually now it works.. i think there was something wrong with my firefox.. anyway now the only "problem" is that i want my forum style.. which is the transparent effect for every pane and the black top border.. what are the file that i have to edit?? is it the portal body??
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

You would need to edit each file in your portal/block directory.

Take the login_body.html from your forum theme and copy that example for your portal blocks...
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

Peter77sx wrote:You would need to edit each file in your portal/block directory.

Take the login_body.html from your forum theme and copy that example for your portal blocks...

cool thanks a lot 8-)
Spike1957

Post by Spike1957 »

Installed the PHPBB3 Portal with the AutoMod, all went perfectly until I tried to access the Portal Tab in the ACP... this is what it kept coming up with.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 23: main(./../portal/includes/functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 23: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './../portal/includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp4/includes')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: obtain_portal_config() in /mnt/web1/31/05/5538905/htdocs/forum/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 25

I have no idea what has gone wrong, anyone help? :cry:

Thanks in advance
Spike1957

Post by Spike1957 »

Binned the board and installed a new one :roll:
The tables were broken. :cry:
kham619

Post by kham619 »

Spike1957 wrote:Installed the PHPBB3 Portal with the AutoMod, all went perfectly until I tried to access the Portal Tab in the ACP... this is what it kept coming up with.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 23: main(./../portal/includes/functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 23: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './../portal/includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp4/includes')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: obtain_portal_config() in /mnt/web1/31/05/5538905/htdocs/forum/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 25

I have no idea what has gone wrong, anyone help? :cry:

Thanks in advance
It looks like you did the editing wrong. go back to the files u edited such as functions.php check all the files that were required to be edited in includes.
fordman505

Post by fordman505 »

Theres about 60 pages here so Im just going to ask, are there instructions on installing this mod somewhere? I just downloaded and converted to phpbb 3.0.4. I was hoping It would go smoothly.....
barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff »

Right click the xml file and open with your browser.
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.
fordman505

Post by fordman505 »

Ok so If I understand correctly I am supposed to edit the "files to edit", copy the "inc;luded files" to their destinations. IE;

Copy: root/portal.php
To: portal.php

Meaning just drag the portal.php file into the root folder in which I installed phpbb3?

So what do I do with the section listed:
Additional MODX Filesen-gb dependency: Board3 Portal supports MOD Version Check. To use this feature, this mod has to be installed.
de dependency: Board3 Portal unterstützt MOD Version Check. Um dieses Feature zu nutzen, muss dieser Mod installiert sein.
de template: subsilver2
en-gb template: subsilver2
de language: Deutsch
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 1.0.1
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 1.0.1
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC3
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC3
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC2
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC2
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC1
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 1.0.0RC1
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 0.2.1
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 0.2.1
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 0.2.0
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 0.2.0
en contrib: Update instructions for Board3 Portal Version 0.1.0
de contrib: Updateanleitung für Board3 Portal Version 0.1.0
en contrib: Update instructions for phpBB3 Portal Version 1.2.2
de contrib: Updateanleitung für phpBB3 Portal Version 1.2.2
en contrib: Update instructions for phpBB3 Portal Version 1.1.0b
de contrib: Updateanleitung für phpBB3 Portal Version 1.1.0b
en language: German
de parent: Installations-Anleitung

Do I go into each section and edit the file one by one????
fordman505

Post by fordman505 »

With phpbb2 all I had to do is copy the files to my ftp and run the install.....Do I have to get a degree in html and spend hours trying to code things just to install this portal?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

@fordman05

First if you are adding this to Prosilver or a prosilver based style the only tasks you have to do are in install.xml.

Which means you copy all the files in the root folder of the mod to the folder you installed phpbb3 in.
Next, you complete all the edits from .htaccess to the styles/prosilver(or prosilver based)/overall_header.html

Last there is DIY at the end that you will have to do. Once that is done you are complete.

Now if your style is subsilver2 or subsilver2 based. Then you go into contributions and in there is a file called subsilver2.xml (I believe or close to that) Open that and follow its instructions. I beleive you will have 2 or 3 edits instead of doing the two prosilver edits you would do these instead. Then you go back and do the DIY instructions at the end of the install.xml

Last if you style is not prosilver or subsilver2 but is based off one of those two. You have to go to the mod and if your style is prosilver based, copy the two folders under prosilver into your specific style. Than if it is subsilver2 based, I think you get the idea now.

All the other files in Contrib folder are for updates.

I hope this helps.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
fordman505

Post by fordman505 »

Ok so just to be clear.....I copy the files to the phpbb installed folder, then I do the edits...and thats it unless I have some of the other variables involved correct?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”