Background colors for groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
appmodo

Re: Colored background messages for admins and mods

Post by appmodo »

It's not retaining the colored post backgrounds though

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

I installed 2.0 normally and have it set on the board, but the posts do not retain their color and as you stated, you must have 1.0 installed first in order to keep the colors. Correct me if i'm wrong? Confused.

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

It's normal that v1.0.0's colour are not retained because you said that you had completely deleted v1.0.0 before running the upgrade script...
So, it is normal because what data do you want the script to convert if you had deleted them ? It's just logic...

An upgrade script is created in order to switch between two versions. You have deleted the first, so why do you really want to use the upgrade script ? That make non sense... If you have deleted v1.0.0, there's nothing i can do for you. All your v1.0.0's data doesn't exist anymore so there is no need to upgrade the MOD and there is nothing to be updating by the script. The update script must be run ONLY if you have still v1.0.0 and you want to use v2.0.0 of my MOD. If v1.0.0 was deleted, the only thing you must do is install v2.0.0 as you install another MOD.

Regards,
Théonaute | ex-MOD Team member on phpbb-fr.com
No more phpBB's activities. No MODs updates, no new MODs... Thanks.

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

I understand all of that but even with 2.0, the colors are not working.

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

I went ahead and deleted the tables. So starting here with a fresh install, i want to be able to have colored posts for custom groups. So should I install 1.0, then use the upgrade script, and install 2.0?

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

appmodo wrote:So should I install 1.0, then use the upgrade script, and install 2.0?
NO !

v2.0.0 works. If you doesn't have color, you have an error in your installation.
Can you give me your configuration and an exemple on your board (i need to see the HTML source code generated by your board) ? I need a link to a post on your board which should be colored, the name of the group which was choosen when posting this message and the background color setted up for this group.

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

http://appmodo.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... p=208#p208

user defined group: Developer
color: 990000 (red, just for testing)

However the bg color is not posting.

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

Can you please give me a test account on your board please ? And add the test account in the Developper group.

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

PM'd

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

Hum...

You have several problems on your board...
  • When i click on "reply", i have an error message :
    SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'z.friend' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
  • When i create a new topic, i see two "Post as member of :" in posting.php (added by my MOD, but you duplicate the instruction).
  • When i create a new topic and select the "Developper" group, I can tell you that my MOD works because i see
    style="background-color:#990000;"
    But it's not in the source code, it's on your board. Which means that you didn't install my MOD correctly
So, basically, solve all your problems with your board, read carrefully the install file, correct your v2.0.0 installation and everything should works.

My MOD works perfectly, but you have made several mistake installing it...

Regards,

appmodo

Post by appmodo »

I've followed your instructions twice now, checking it a third time and my corrections are exactly the same as your instructions, however the double "post as group" selection still exists, I cannot trace the problem.

Also, why can't a user group automatically post in that color? Why do they have to select their group in order for it to work? Is it possible to just make this automatic and they don't have to select that box?

looks like it's somewhere in here from posting.php

Code: Select all

{
	$group_options .= '<option value="' . $row['group_id'] . '"' . (($row['group_id'] == $post_data['post_as_groupmember']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '') . '>' . (($row['group_type'] == GROUP_SPECIAL) ? $user->lang['G_' . $row['group_name']] : $row['group_name']) . '</option>';
}

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

appmodo wrote:I've followed your instructions twice now, checking it a third time and my corrections are exactly the same as your instructions, however the double "post as group" selection still exists, I cannot trace the problem.
See styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html
You have two

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_USER_GROUPS -->
			<hr class="dashed" />
			<dl>
				<dt><label for="post_as_groupmember">{L_POST_AS_GROUPMEMBER} :</label></dt>
				<dd><label for="post_as_groupmember"><select name="post_as_groupmember" id="post_as_groupmember"><option value="0"></option>{USER_GROUPS}</select></label></dd>
				<dd>{L_POST_AS_GROUPMEMBER_EXPLAIN}</dd>
			</dl>
			<!-- ENDIF -->	
instead of one.

appmodo wrote:Also, why can't a user group automatically post in that color? Why do they have to select their group in order for it to work? Is it possible to just make this automatic and they don't have to select that box?
Because an user can be member of more than 1 group. For exemple, an administrator is member of two groups :
  • Administrators
  • Developpers
He is posting a message and he wants to post it as a developper. If the group was choosen automatically, he could not post is message as a developper.
Same thing for the administrators' group.

Another exemple : the background color can be used to remind some rules in a thread. So, you need to have the focus on this specific post. If all administrators' post are colored with this MOD, you can't have a focus on specific posts.

Regards,

CMA

Post by CMA »

Théonaute wrote:CMA > Your code is good.
Do you choose the group you want to posted from in posting.php when you post a message ? (see screenshot).

Try to refresh your board cache and your style again.

Regards,
sorry i was away for a while...

anyway... i did and it didnt work...

i installed it with automod tho... should i check post.php?

edit: ok i realized... i have to select drop menu as you referred... but what about auto-selected feature? i mean i use quickly reply...

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute »

CMA wrote:edit: ok i realized... i have to select drop menu as you referred... but what about auto-selected feature? i mean i use quickly reply...
See my post just before yours.
I don't want to automatically select a group because I think that every post shouldn't be colored. For me, this feature is to used in order to have focus on specifics posts not all.

Regards,

CMA

Post by CMA »

well sorry my mind is not at here...

i mean... it could be more like default-detected like you did group configuration in ucp... but it also could be editing... as i test...

select it everytime i post is pain in the ass...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”