Bots Install Script

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Re: Bots Install Script

Post by madmartyau » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:05 am

maxumw2000 wrote:how do i get the bots to visit my site ?
Do i need to get a program to send info to these search engines to get them to visit are how do i get them there?
From the first page......
T50 wrote:First let me just say this, this mod DOES NOT make bots visit your forum, this mod onlys adds about 100 bots to your current list of bots, so if they visit your forum they will get the proper permissions.

with that said, now for your questions, generally bots index your site, and some other things bots do,
they are good to have installed if your getting a bunch of bot like visits, this mod is to help those that don't have time to track down alot of bots to add individually in the ACP, some boards want guests to be able to see certain parts of their forum that they don't wants bots to be able to and vice-versa if the bot isn't added to your bot list it will be a guest and will give them the wrong permissions
Jarode wrote:Thank you madmartyau, it works like a charm :P
No worries. If any one wants to just download the mod with the changes already made you can get it from here.
Call me Grumpy.

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:12 pm

madmartyau wrote:No worries. If any one wants to just download the mod with the changes already made you can get it from here.
Just downloaded and it worked fine.. Thanks :)

Treben Media

Post by Treben Media » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 am

No worries. If any one wants to just download the mod with the changes already made you can get it from here.
Thanks for taking the time to make this file available.

madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 am

Treben Media wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to make this file available.
I was hoping T50 would make the changes but since it's been a couple of months since I posted the fix, I thought it would be helpful to just let people download it from me. That's the joy of open source. ;)
Call me Grumpy.

T50

Post by T50 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 am

oh the joys of working.. haven't been on here at all for the past few months. and now with no more work(until anotehr job comes, better be soon) I guess I'll pick up the work on this old mod...

hmm I guess i deleted the notif for the reply long ago, since i haven't gotten any notifs for a long time about this.

Hope to get back to work on it soon. just need to dust off the old stuff and get cracking on it

****EDIT*****
Seems like my computer crashed since the last time I worked on this mod, and my files are gone.

I'll have to redo my files and relearn what is all going on here. oh the joys of restores.. should just have to redownload a few "hidden" sources of some newer and current versions on this mod and merge in the fixes you all have been so graciously supplied me with.
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!
Make a few $$ in under a few minutes, easy to do

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info

T50

Post by T50 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am

I am just getting back into this all again.
my time is limited for working on this as i get alittle stressed when doing coding for long streches,
but I am beginning to work on this
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!
Make a few $$ in under a few minutes, easy to do

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info

hussein82

Post by hussein82 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi...

couple of days before someone has posted a subject in my forum in the section that restricted to the moderators only he/she said can even close the forum down, and i tried to find out which hole has used to intrude it.. i find the only way possible is the boot agent as i allowed them to surf all the forum....
my question is can the bot agent be used by the hackers ? knowing that the version of my forum is 3.0.5

Thanks for the help

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:21 am

Bots shouldn't have write permissions to any of your forums.

This sounds like it should probably be reported to the phpBB Security Tracker. They can probably investigate and advise on any security holes you may have.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”