Bots Install Script

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Peter77sx

Re: Bots Install Script

Post by Peter77sx »

Does this mean we'll see 100 more or so bots ( provided they even visit ) in the who is online on the index page? I'd really only need to manage them via ACP. I wouldnt mind the "popular" bots showing up... but I guess that's another subject/mod request.
∞House

Post by ∞House »

You know on the "Manage bots" page(, when you click the "Spiders/Robots" link), how you can scroll down the list and there's a button that says "Add bot"? Well, this is just a script that Adds about 100 currently known robots/webcrawlers to that list. So really, it just saves you the time and hassle of adding them. :)

That said, (and I'm only emphasizing this for everyone else, Peter77sx ;) ) it does not make these bots/crawlers visit your website. It only means that they'll be properly listed and handled by phpBB when they do find your site. - And if/when they do (depending solely on whether or not your website gets enough traffic, naturally), then yes, they will surely be listed in the Who's-Online box/etc. :mrgreen:
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Oh thats fine.. I'm aware of what this MOD does. I am currently testing phpbb3 and I know a bit more about how bots work then phpbb3's ACP. heh' :)

Thanks for the reply. :P
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Excellent, thanks :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
sunsaurp

please help!

Post by sunsaurp »

hey T50! I followed your instructions I got from that xml file in your mod.
I copied
root/bots.php
To: bots.php on my system
and again I copied root/language/en/mods/bots.php
To: language/en/mods/bots.php on my system.

After coping these files I opened my locally hosted forum and checked spiders/robots but I didn't find any added bots there.

And what is the meaning of this instruction
"Upload the files to your site in the correct location, and navigate to the file in the root forum folder in your internet browser while logged in as an admin."

please tell me what I am missing. I am new to all this kind of stuff and I have very little knowledge about this developing websites thing. that is why I am using phpbb :mrgreen:
T50

Re: please help!

Post by T50 »

sunsaurp wrote:hey T50! I followed your instructions I got from that xml file in your mod.
I copied
root/bots.php

After coping these files I opened my locally hosted forum and checked spiders/robots but I didn't find any added bots there.

"Upload the files to your site in the correct location, and navigate to the file in the root forum folder in your internet browser while logged in as an admin."

please tell me what I am missing. I am new to all this kind of stuff and I have very little knowledge about this developing websites thing. that is why I am using phpbb :mrgreen:
you need to navigate to bots.php in the main folder of the forum, but you have to logged in as admin when doing this, you should get a messsage saying the bots were added.
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!
Make a few $$ in under a few minutes, easy to do

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info
sunsaurp

Re: please help!

Post by sunsaurp »

T50 wrote:
sunsaurp wrote:hey T50! I followed your instructions I got from that xml file in your mod.
I copied
root/bots.php

you need to navigate to bots.php in the main folder of the forum, but you have to logged in as admin when doing this, you should get a messsage saying the bots were added.
while logged in as Admin when I navigated to C:/xampplite/htdocs/phpBB3/language/en/mods/bots.php, I got this reply-
Error, No group id', 'NO_ADMIN' => 'The page you requested is not available.', 'BOTS_ADDED' => 'Added 109 bots to your forum ', )); ?>
Is everything okay now? Looks like these added bots do not appear in that spiders/robots list!
Thanks for quick reply!
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Read the above post again, you should navigate to bots.php, not language/en/mods/bots.php, this is a language file by purpose.
sunsaurp

Post by sunsaurp »

wolfman24 wrote:Read the above post again, you should navigate to bots.php, not language/en/mods/bots.php, this is a language file by purpose.
okay now when I navigated to C:/xampplite/htdocs/phpBB3/bots.php I got this reply!

session_begin(); $auth->acl($user->data); $user->setup('mods/bots'); // end session management //Set admin only beyond this point //Is this user any type of admin? No, then stop here! if (!$auth->acl_get('a_')) { trigger_error($user->lang['NO_ADMIN']); } // Add the search bots into the database function add_bots2() { global $db, $user, $config, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx; $sql = 'SELECT group_id FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . " WHERE group_name = 'BOTS'"; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); $group_id = (int) $db->sql_fetchfield('group_id', false, $result); $db->sql_freeresult($result); if (!$group_id) { add_default_groups(); $sql = 'SELECT group_id FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . " WHERE group_name = 'BOTS'"; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); $group_id = (int) $db->sql_fetchfield('group_id', false, $result); $db->sql_freeresult($result); if (!$group_id) { trigger_error($user->lang['NO_GROUP_ID']); } } $bots = array( 'Java [Bad bot]' => array('Java/', ''), 'Thumbshots [Capture]' => array('thumbshots-de-Bot', ''), 'Susie [Sync]' => array('!Susie', ''), 'Google Ads' => array('AdsBot-Google', ''), 'Google Python URL fetcher' => array('Python-urllib/', ''), 'Google Search Appliance' => array('gsa', ''), 'Yahoo! SpiderMan' => array('SpiderMan', ''), 'Yahoo! Mindset' => array('Yahoo! Mindset', ''), 'Yahoo! Blogs' => array('Yahoo-Blogs', ''), 'Yahoo! Feed Seeker' => array('YahooFeedSeeker', ''), 'Yahoo! Multimedia' => array('Yahoo-MM', ''), 'Yahoo! Test' => array('Yahoo-Test', ''), 'Yahoo! VerticalCrawler' => array('Yahoo-VerticalCrawler', ''), 'Fast PartnerSite' => array('Fast PartnerSite Crawler', ''), 'Fast Crawler Gold' => array('Fast Crawler Gold Edition', ''), 'FAST FirstPage retriever' => array('FAST FirstPage retriever', ''), 'FAST MetaWeb' => array('FAST MetaWeb Crawler', ''), 'Yahoo! Search Marketing' => array('crawlx', ''), 'Fast PartnerSite' => array('Fast PartnerSite Crawler', ''), 'Walhello' => array('appie', ''), 'GeoBot' => array('GeoBot/version', ''), 'suchpad' => array('http://www.suchpad.de/bot/', ''), 'Insuranco' => array('InsurancoBot', ''), 'Xaldon' => array('Xaldon WebSpider', ''), 'Cosmix' => array('cfetch/', ''), 'Esperanza' => array('EsperanzaBot', ''), 'EliteSys' => array('EliteSys SuperBot/', ''), 'MP3-Bot' => array('MP3-Bot', ''), 'genie' => array('genieBot (', ''), 'g2' => array('g2Crawler', ''), 'GBSpider' => array('GBSpider v', ''), 'Picsearch' => array('psbot/', ''), 'PlantyNet' => array('PlantyNet_WebRobot_V', ''), 'Twiceler' => array('Twiceler http://www.cuill.com/robots.html', ''), 'IPG' => array('internet-provider-guenstig.de-Bot', ''), 'WissenOnline' => array('WissenOnline-Bot', ''), '24spider' => array('24spider-Robot', ''), 'Zerx' => array('zerxbot/', ''), 'LinkWalker' => array('LinkWalker', ''), 'Exabot' => array('Exabot/', ''), 'Jyxobot' => array('Jyxobot/', ''), 'Tbot' => array('Tbot/', ''), 'Findexa Crawler' => array('Findexa Crawler (', ''), 'ISC Systems iRc Search' => array('ISC Systems iRc Search', ''), 'IRLbot' => array('http://irl.cs.tamu.edu/crawler', ''), 'Mirago' => array('HeinrichderMiragoRobot (', ''), 'Sygol' => array('SygolBot', ''), 'WWWeasel' => array('WWWeasel Robot v', ''), 'Naver' => array('nhnbot@naver.com', ''), 'MMSBot' => array('http://www.mmsweb.at/bot.html', ''), 'Hogsearch' => array('oegp v. ', ''), 'Kraehe' => array('-DIE-KRAEHE- META-SEARCH-ENGINE/', ''), 'Vagabondo' => array('http://webagent.wise-guys.nl/', ''), 'Nimble' => array('NimbleCrawler', ''), 'Bunnybot' => array('powered by http://www.buncat.de', ''), 'Boitho' => array('boitho.com-dc/', ''), 'Scumbot' => array('Scumbot/', ''), 'GeigerzaehlerBot' => array('http://www.geigerzaehler.org/bot.html', ''), 'Orbiter' => array('http://www.dailyorbit.com/bot.htm', ''), 'ASPseek' => array('ASPseek/', ''), 'Crawler Search' => array('.Crawler-Search.de', ''), 'Singingfish Asterias' => array('Asterias', ''), 'NetResearchServer' => array('NetResearchServer/', ''), 'OrangeSpider' => array('OrangeSpider', ''), 'McSeek' => array('powered by http://www.McSeek.de', ''), 'Accoona' => array('Accoona-AI-Agent/', ''), 'Webmeasurement' => array('webmeasurement-bot,', ''), '123spider' => array('123spider-Bot', ''), 'Cometrics' => array('cometrics-bot,', ''), 'Houxou' => array('HouxouCrawler/', ''), 'Ocelli' => array('Ocelli/', ''), 'EchO!' => array('EchO!/', ''), 'Gigablast' => array('gigablast.com/', ''), 'SurveyBot' => array('SurveyBot/', ''), 'Marvin Medhunt' => array('Marvin', ''), 'InfoSeek SideWinder' => array('Infoseek SideWinder/', ''), 'InternetSeer' => array('InternetSeer', ''), 'Rambler' => array('StackRambler/', ''), 'Vestris Alkaline' => array('AlkalineBOT/', ''), 'Robozilla' => array('Robozilla/', ''), 'Openfind' => array('openfind.com', ''), 'Diggit!' => array('Digger/', ''), 'Become' => array('become.com/', ''), 'NetSprint' => array('NetSprint', ''), 'Szukacz' => array('szukacz', ''), 'Gooro' => array('Gooru-WebSpider', ''), 'Onet' => array('OnetSzukaj', ''), 'Inktomi' => array('Inktomi', ''), 'Kraehe [Metasuche]' => array('-DIE-KRAEHE- META-SEARCH-ENGINE/', ''), 'SnapPreview [bot]' => array('SnapPreviewBot', ''), 'XML Sitemap Generator [bot]' => array('XML Sitemaps Generator', ''), 'Google Sitemap [bot]' => array('GSMA/', ''), 'Larbin [bot]' => array('larbin_2.6.3', ''), 'Seznam [Bot]' => array('SeznamBot', ''), 'Indy Library [Bot]' => array('Indy Library', ''), 'Crawler0.1 [Crawler]' => array('Crawler0.1', ''), 'VoilaBot [Bot]' => array('VoilaBot', ''), 'Sogou [Bot]' => array('Sogou web spider', ''), 'MWI [bot]' => array('MWI-UCE-Checker', ''), 'Lycos [spider]' => array('Lycos_Spider_', ''), 'Speedy [spider]' => array('Speedy Spider', ''), 'Pagebull' => array('Pagebull', ''), 'panscient [spider]' => array('panscient.com', ''), 'libwww-perl' => array('libwww-perl', ''), 'SBIder [bot]' => array('SBIder/', ''), 'PHP version tracker' => array('PHP version tracker', ''), 'hbtronix [spider]' => array('hbtronix.spider', ''), 'over-zealus [bot]' => array('Opera/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0;US)', ''), 'HP Web PrintSmart' => array('HP Web PrintSmart', ''), ); if (!function_exists('user_add')) { include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_user.' . $phpEx); } foreach ($bots as $bot_name => $bot_ary) { $user_row = array( 'user_type' => USER_IGNORE, 'group_id' => $group_id, 'username' => $bot_name, 'user_regdate' => time(), 'user_password' => '', 'user_colour' => '9E8DA7', 'user_email' => '', 'user_lang' => $config['default_lang'], 'user_style' => 1, 'user_timezone' => 0, 'user_allow_massemail' => 0, ); $user_id = user_add($user_row); if ($user_id) { $sql = 'INSERT INTO ' . BOTS_TABLE . ' ' . $db->sql_build_array('INSERT', array( 'bot_active' => 1, 'bot_name' => $bot_name, 'user_id' => $user_id, 'bot_agent' => $bot_ary[0], 'bot_ip' => $bot_ary[1]) ); $db->sql_query($sql); } } } add_bots2(); trigger_error($user->lang['BOTS_ADDED']); //NOT a real error, this makes it usable with any style, as it displays it in an information page. *credit for this idea goes to Handyman`* ?>

what I am supposed to do now? :oops:
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Please explain what you were doing. Your phpbb3 is running on your local xampp installation? If yes, you should point your browser to bots.php instead of index.php. If this does not work (and yes, it must work), please explain exactly what you are doing.

Edit: Another thing came to my mind. Is the above the exact output you get while opening bots.php in a browser? The file seems to be corrupt, try to get the original file from the downloaded package and try again.
T50

Post by T50 »

hmm it seems like php isn't functioning, does the rest of your forum work on the local host?
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR »

Great MOD T50 :) Very easy to install.

One question though, can I now delete the bots.php file?
T50

Post by T50 »

The Bad Toad wrote:Great MOD T50 :) Very easy to install.

yes

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR »

T50 wrote:
The Bad Toad wrote:Great MOD T50 :) Very easy to install.

yes
Thanks again T50 :D

Great support.
sunsaurp

Post by sunsaurp »

wolfman24 said
"Please explain what you were doing. Your phpbb3 is running on your local xampp installation? If yes, you should point your browser to bots.php instead of index.php. If this does not work (and yes, it must work), please explain exactly what you are doing.
Edit: Another thing came to my mind. Is the above the exact output you get while opening bots.php in a browser? The file seems to be corrupt, try to get the original file from the downloaded package and try again."

Yes my phpbb3 is running on my local xampp installation. And I was always pointing my browser to bots.php.
And again yes, I get exact that output when I click on file-open file-C:/xampplite/htdocs/phpBB3/bots.php in my browser. And I did change those files again in case they were corrupt but to no avail.

T50 said
"hmm it seems like php isn't functioning, does the rest of your forum work on the local host?"

yes, my rest of forum is working on localhost. I installed phpbb3 successfully and my locally hosted forum is working fine. It seems that adding this mod is quite simple as most members have replied so, but I don't know what I am doing wrong? :(

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”