IGN Style Colored Names

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Ditto Crane

Re: IGN Style Colored Names

Post by Ditto Crane »

Red text with Red Border is the default color setting. It will be applied to all current users when you install, as well as any new users in the future. Someone else suggested a method change the default it here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p8321945
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Drop your tables you created in the database, clear your cache, and use this SQL instead

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_color varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_fontweight varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'bold';
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_fontstyle varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_background varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'transparent';
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_decoration varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'none';
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_border varchar(255) NOT NULL default '1px solid normal';
That will clear up the red and the borders.
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
slidewayz88

Post by slidewayz88 »

Ok I have installed this 4 times now and I am getting the same results each time???

After running the SQL, making the edits exactly, and purging. I go to group and even specific user permissions and enable "Can use a colored name", and nothing shows up under the interests section when I go to my profile(and yea the permissions stick after I set them). I have made test users and still nothing shows up.

My SQL is under "phpbb_users"...
style_color varchar(255) utf8_bin No #FF0000
style_fontweight varchar(255) utf8_bin No normal
style_fontstyle varchar(255) utf8_bin No normal
style_background varchar(255) utf8_bin No transparent
style_decoration varchar(255) utf8_bin No underline
tyle_border varchar(255) utf8_bin No 1px solid #FF0000

Could anyone please help I have been waiting on this mods full bug free release and I just can't get it right???
Ditto Crane

Post by Ditto Crane »

Hi slidewayz88, while I'm no expert, I did get this mod working fine and so I have a few suggestions where you might look.
  1. First of all, you might need to know that you won't see the edit fields under Administrate User Profile... they are displayed only in your own UCP... I believe the ability to set other member's colors is planned for a future release. In that case, you'd have to tackle setting them directly in your SQL admin program.
  2. You mentioned purging, but did you also refresh your style's templates? When I made this mod, I could see the colors and edit fields in my own UCP as soon as I refreshed the templates and set group permissions, with no need to purge the cache.
  3. Are you using prosilver? Make sure that the UCP template edit is made in your current style. This would be the last edit in the instructions:
    • Open: styles/prosilver/template/ucp_profile_profile_info.html
    If that edit is not applied to your current style, you won't see the edit fields in your UCP profile page. If you are in fact using a style other than prosilver, then you will need to make the equivalent edit to that file in your chosen style. (For subsilver2, the edits are in templates/subsilver2.xml) Without that final edit, in the style you are using, you would still be able to set the permissions, but you'd never see the edit fields in your UCP.
  4. In my experience as soon as a group's user permission to use colored names is set YES, everyone in that group shows in the default color (and then whatever they set later). Is this happening on your board? Given the data you quoted in your SQL tables, you would see those names as red bold text with a red box around them. This would indicate that things are in pretty good shape (except for the edit fields). If not, then the problem could be in includes/functions_content.php.
~Ditto
slidewayz88

Post by slidewayz88 »

Ditto I really appreciate the post, it was great but...

I have checked each step two times over. I am using a Prosilver template, I made sure I did "ucp_profile_profile" edit, I made sure I was looking at it through UCP and not ACP, none of my users have the default (rea w/red border, actually nothing has changed at all), and I have refreshed my template style. Here is the url to my forums... http://www.socroendo.com/phpbbforums/. Worse comes to worse maybe someone could take a look at my FTP.

Just to reassure you guys I have been messing with phpbb for about a year and half now and I have installed tons of different mods on different forums. I haven't had a database release ever give me this kind of trouble???

UPDATE-
I have also just found this: in the acp menu where I can give users special rights there is the colored names field green.
But in the users rights overview, where I only can see what right a user has, there is the colored names field red(never)
Last edited by slidewayz88 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

When you purge the cash, don't just click the purge cache button, actually purge your /cache folder manually leaving only index.html and .htaccess in the folder, that's what did it for me.
slidewayz88

Post by slidewayz88 »

I have purged the cache using my FTP.

I have all my permissions wide open but when I check my permissions overview its still red and im the site founder and administrator? Any ideas?

Here is a pic of my overview:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd11 ... ssions.jpg

And here is a pic of me actually setting up the permissions. It's like when I set the permissions it doesn't change anything???

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd11 ... ssion2.jpg
Ditto Crane

Post by Ditto Crane »

This is puzzling for sure, I don't blame you for being frustrated, but I can assure you that this mod does work when everything is in place. I am also Founder Administrator on the forum where I installed it.

I do see "Never" in the permissions overview as well, in two conditions:
  • If the group permission is set to No or Never
  • if my individual account perm is set to Never
I would suggest going to User Permissions for your individual account (Permissions Tab) and making sure it's NOT set to Never. On my board is shows No for my account, and setting Yes for group permissions allows it to work for me, as well as the other members of Administrators. It's just possible that Never got applied to your User Perms in one of your iterations... that's where I would look.
~Ditto
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Also, try clearing your browser's cache as well. I've seen several MODS that didn't look right because of a browsers .css refresh issues. Firefox is notorious for that. Take a look at it in Internet Explorer first to rule out browser caching as the issue.
slidewayz88

Post by slidewayz88 »

Thanks guys, Ill give this a try and let you know. :)
Trel

Post by Trel »

Ditto Crane wrote:
Trel wrote:
brandon_0007 wrote:This is very strange. Only one of my members are getting an error, which is when they check their outbox in their private messages. She happens to be an admin. I tried to turn off colored names for Admins, and it still didn't work. I know it's the IGN Colored Names, because I went through and installed each mod, and asked her if she got the error. She didn't get it until I finished installing this mod. Here is the error. Keep in mind, she's the only one getting it.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT forum_id, auth_option_id, auth_role_id, auth_setting FROM phpbb_acl_users WHERE user_id = 

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/auth.php
LINE: 810
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 382
CALL: auth->acl_raw_data_single_user()

LINE: 71
CALL: auth->acl_cache()

FILE: includes/functions_content.php
LINE: 1212
CALL: auth->acl()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm_viewfolder.php
LINE: 178
CALL: get_username_string()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm.php
LINE: 369
CALL: view_folder()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_pm->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 320
CALL: p_master->load_active()

I can't seem to replicate this myself nor canI figure out what might cause it :\
I'll ask the users at the forum I made it on to keep an eye out for any error like this
Hi, I am very grateful for the mod, thank you for your hard work!

I encountered this same bug today, and I found the cause! There was a message in the outbox addressed to a user who was later deleted. In this case the name coloring code tries to look up an invalid user's color setting.

My php experience is very minimal, so I will leave it up to you to craft a canonical solution, but here is how I have worked around this problem:

Open: includes/functions_content.php

Find:

$auth2 = new auth();
		$auth2->acl($userdata);

if ($auth2->acl_get('u_use_colored_name'))
		{ 
		 $username_colour = $user_row['style_color'].'; font-weight: '.$user_row['style_fontweight'].';
		  font-style: '.$user_row['style_fontstyle'].';
		  background-color: '.$user_row['style_background'].';
		  text-decoration: '.$user_row['style_decoration'].';
		  border: '.$user_row['style_border'].';';
		}
Replace With:

if ($userdata)
		{
			$auth2 = new auth();
			$auth2->acl($userdata);

if ($auth2->acl_get('u_use_colored_name'))
			{ 
			 $username_colour = $user_row['style_color'].'; font-weight: '.$user_row['style_fontweight'].';
			  font-style: '.$user_row['style_fontstyle'].';
			  background-color: '.$user_row['style_background'].';
			  text-decoration: '.$user_row['style_decoration'].';
			  border: '.$user_row['style_border'].';';
			}
		}
Essentially it just skips that code if $userdata is empty (caused by invalid $user_id)
This works for me, but I will welcome your version if this is not suitable.
Thanks again! Keep up the good work.

Oooh, nice catch. As soon as I get to the computer I have all my stuff on, I'll submit one with the fix for that.

Also: slidewayz88, if you have a never, showing, do a permission trace to see where it's coming from. That's what's causing it most likely.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Is this MOD compatible with those "who was here" MODs?
anotherwords, the mods that record and display members who visited the board, the styled colored names show up there as well?
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Yes, I have it running on my board with that MOD, and others.

I just changed my language file to say "RECENT STALKERS" :D

Example: http://www.newsucks500.com/memberlist.p ... rofile&u=8

It won't however, work with the profile comments mod. :(
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

lol.... okay thanks. :lol:
Bunji

Post by Bunji »

Howdy,

Thanks for a cracking mod; most of my members really seem to like it. However, there are a vocal few who find some peoples' choices garish and want it turned off. Is there any way to add an option whereby members who dislike the colours can select not to see them, in the UCP or anything?

Regards,

Ben.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”