IGN Style Colored Names

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
brandon_0007

Re: IGN Style Colored Names

Post by brandon_0007 »

I can't find

Code: Select all

return $_profile_cache[$cache_key][$mode];
	}

global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $user, $auth;
in my includes/functions_content.php. Is that normal? Ha ha
NintendoGal

Post by NintendoGal »

ximpdbydefault wrote:Realy a decent mod Trel, in fact Ive installed it about an hour ago and have been flooded by pm's and emails asking either why they are all admins or whos the admin. Can I pick your brain and ask why you chose FF0000 to be default? could it have not been defaulted to none?

For thoes who would like to override and therefore eliminate the red names with red borders (upon new register and after the install of this mod) but keep the underline in tact and for thoes who are able to access phpmyadmin, do the following:

First:
Logon to phpmyadmin>(click on your database the phpbb install)>click on the structure icon for phpbb_users>check the check boxes next to style_border AND style_color and use the drop fearure (red X) for these two tables.> Click Yes on the next screen.

Next:
Logon to phpmyadmin>(click on your database the phpbb install)>click on the word SQL at the very top of the page to Run SQL query and in the field provided enter the following:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_color varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_border varchar(255) NOT NULL default '1px solid normal';
Then click the go button.

Lastly:
Open up your prefered file manager> navigate to the cache directory under your forums directory> delete everything in there except for the .htaccess located there. Doing this will be just like purging your forum cache even better because it will delete old sql istances as well.> go back to your forum index page and CTRL+F5. Your set.

Note:
Users can still change to any color name and any color border in ucp, even red, if they chose.
I did this and now no one can change to the color red. Not that I personally mind (irritating color), but some of my users are whining. :roll:
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

I posted a better SQL a couple pages back here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8410615
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
Trel

Post by Trel »

brandon_0007 wrote:I can't find

return $_profile_cache[$cache_key][$mode];
	}

global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $user, $auth;
in my includes/functions_content.php. Is that normal? Ha ha
Are you using phpbb 3.0.4?
NintendoGal wrote:
ximpdbydefault wrote:Realy a decent mod Trel, in fact Ive installed it about an hour ago and have been flooded by pm's and emails asking either why they are all admins or whos the admin. Can I pick your brain and ask why you chose FF0000 to be default? could it have not been defaulted to none?

For thoes who would like to override and therefore eliminate the red names with red borders (upon new register and after the install of this mod) but keep the underline in tact and for thoes who are able to access phpmyadmin, do the following:

First:
Logon to phpmyadmin>(click on your database the phpbb install)>click on the structure icon for phpbb_users>check the check boxes next to style_border AND style_color and use the drop fearure (red X) for these two tables.> Click Yes on the next screen.

Next:
Logon to phpmyadmin>(click on your database the phpbb install)>click on the word SQL at the very top of the page to Run SQL query and in the field provided enter the following:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_color varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_border varchar(255) NOT NULL default '1px solid normal';
Then click the go button.

Lastly:
Open up your prefered file manager> navigate to the cache directory under your forums directory> delete everything in there except for the .htaccess located there. Doing this will be just like purging your forum cache even better because it will delete old sql istances as well.> go back to your forum index page and CTRL+F5. Your set.

Note:
Users can still change to any color name and any color border in ucp, even red, if they chose.
I did this and now no one can change to the color red. Not that I personally mind (irritating color), but some of my users are whining. :roll:
If you do that, you cant' change anything unless you chang both color And border as it will fail my validation check since 'normal' is not an acceptable value.

The only acceptable values for color are '#XXXXXX' (where X is a number 0-9) and 'transparent'
(Border is the same, but if it's the color, it's prefixed by '1px solid')

Now, if you manually change it to something else, it will hold. However, if someone tries to edit their profile, or change an colored name option and doesn't change both color and border, they will be unable to as the values currently there will NOT pass validation.

(AKA use 'transparent' NOT 'normal')
NintendoGal

Post by NintendoGal »

Ahh ok that makes sense. Thanks!
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

Hi Trel,

As of FireFox 3.1 (it's in beta at the time of writing) the CSS declaration "text-shadow" is now supported. Is there a way I can easily add this to the mod? If you're unfamiliar with this declaration, the syntax is as follows:

mytag {
    text-shadow: #hexColorHere offsetXpx offsetYpx;
}
See here for further information: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/textshadow.html

Thanks a lot. :)
-Alex
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

brandon_0007

Post by brandon_0007 »

This is very strange. Only one of my members are getting an error, which is when they check their outbox in their private messages. She happens to be an admin. I tried to turn off colored names for Admins, and it still didn't work. I know it's the IGN Colored Names, because I went through and installed each mod, and asked her if she got the error. She didn't get it until I finished installing this mod. Here is the error. Keep in mind, she's the only one getting it.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT forum_id, auth_option_id, auth_role_id, auth_setting FROM phpbb_acl_users WHERE user_id = 

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/auth.php
LINE: 810
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 382
CALL: auth->acl_raw_data_single_user()

LINE: 71
CALL: auth->acl_cache()

FILE: includes/functions_content.php
LINE: 1212
CALL: auth->acl()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm_viewfolder.php
LINE: 178
CALL: get_username_string()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm.php
LINE: 369
CALL: view_folder()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_pm->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 320
CALL: p_master->load_active()
DexLuther

Post by DexLuther »

Nice mod. A suggestion for a future version though. Maybe have an admin option to have the group a user is in decide the username color. I know group colors can already be set in vanilla (A.K.A unmodded) phpBB3, but the other options this mod gives would be handy. Ex;

Users in Admin group get their usernames set to Black with a red background and a black boarder.
Users in Mod group get their usernames set to Blue, bold, and a green boarder.
etc.

Again, cool mod. Thanks.
Trel

Post by Trel »

brandon_0007 wrote:This is very strange. Only one of my members are getting an error, which is when they check their outbox in their private messages. She happens to be an admin. I tried to turn off colored names for Admins, and it still didn't work. I know it's the IGN Colored Names, because I went through and installed each mod, and asked her if she got the error. She didn't get it until I finished installing this mod. Here is the error. Keep in mind, she's the only one getting it.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT forum_id, auth_option_id, auth_role_id, auth_setting FROM phpbb_acl_users WHERE user_id = 

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

LINE: 810
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 382
CALL: auth->acl_raw_data_single_user()

LINE: 71
CALL: auth->acl_cache()

FILE: includes/functions_content.php
LINE: 1212
CALL: auth->acl()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm_viewfolder.php
LINE: 178
CALL: get_username_string()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_pm.php
LINE: 369
CALL: view_folder()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_pm->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 320
CALL: p_master->load_active()

I can't seem to replicate this myself nor canI figure out what might cause it :\
I'll ask the users at the forum I made it on to keep an eye out for any error like this
Nemisis7654

Post by Nemisis7654 »

Hey Trel, long time no see. I am working on stormBoards again. Anyway, I changed some things in the admin panel so that one can change the colors of a user via the Profile section of managing a user. However, the effects do not take place until the cache is purged. Could you tell me how I'd be able to fix that?
!~!~stormBoards now available~!~!

http://stormboards.aaronnemisis.com
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Hi,
I've done everything that is required but nothing is showing in the ACP > Permissions > user permissions or in the user profile?

It's OK found the little devil, in Advanced Permissions

Thanks for a great Mod

Graham
Trel

Post by Trel »

Nemisis7654 wrote:Hey Trel, long time no see. I am working on stormBoards again. Anyway, I changed some things in the admin panel so that one can change the colors of a user via the Profile section of managing a user. However, the effects do not take place until the cache is purged. Could you tell me how I'd be able to fix that?
If you'll direct your attention to the edits to the ucp_profile.php you'll notice I add a line to destroy a certain cache. You'll have to expand what you edited to include that.
Nemisis7654

Post by Nemisis7654 »

I will try that.

I don't think this is going to work fully. I tried editing a different users colors via the Admin Panel, but the preview name was mine, not his. I assume that has something to do with the preview code. Also, it would give me an error.

Also, I just updated my main support site for stormBoards (updated to phpBB 3.0.4). I tested the update on another board, and it worked PERFECTLY. Now, the colors on my support site are not working. Any idea why? I double checked every file that should've been edited, and it's all there. The extra tab is there in the permissions, I clicked it to work, and it's not working at all.
!~!~stormBoards now available~!~!

http://stormboards.aaronnemisis.com
Trel

Post by Trel »

Nemisis7654 wrote:I will try that.

I don't think this is going to work fully. I tried editing a different users colors via the Admin Panel, but the preview name was mine, not his. I assume that has something to do with the preview code. Also, it would give me an error.

Also, I just updated my main support site for stormBoards (updated to phpBB 3.0.4). I tested the update on another board, and it worked PERFECTLY. Now, the colors on my support site are not working. Any idea why? I double checked every file that should've been edited, and it's all there. The extra tab is there in the permissions, I clicked it to work, and it's not working at all.
Sorry, without being familiar with your install I don't think I can even attempt to make a guess on that one :?
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Deleted I was in the wrong place :?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”