IGN Style Colored Names

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Greylock3491

Re: IGN Style Colored Names

Post by Greylock3491 »

FYI - I got a similar error on my test board so I'm holding off using:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT forum_id, auth_option_id, auth_role_id, auth_setting FROM phpbb_acl_users WHERE user_id =

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/auth.php
LINE: 810
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 382
CALL: auth->acl_raw_data_single_user()

LINE: 71
CALL: auth->acl_cache()

FILE: includes/functions_content.php
LINE: 1227
CALL: auth->acl()

FILE: includes/functions_wwh.php
LINE: 75
CALL: get_username_string()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 131
CALL: include('includes/functions_wwh.php')
Trel

Post by Trel »

Greylock3491 wrote:FYI - I got a similar error on my test board so I'm holding off using:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT forum_id, auth_option_id, auth_role_id, auth_setting FROM phpbb_acl_users WHERE user_id =

BACKTRACE

LINE: 810

CALL: auth->acl_cache()

FILE: includes/functions_content.php
LINE: 1227
CALL: auth->acl()

FILE: includes/functions_wwh.php
LINE: 75
CALL: get_username_string()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 131
CALL: include('includes/functions_wwh.php')
Could you describe when it happens, is it randomly or at a specific point during the install?
Waffle Slayer

Post by Waffle Slayer »

On a fresh install on 3.0.4 and 1.4 using automod to install.

When someone just goes into their Profile to add their location, etc and not touch this mod it will auto select None(transparent) and then their usernames will be blank on the forum.

Anyway to fix it to where if -None- is selected it won't do this?
Trel

Post by Trel »

Waffle Slayer wrote:On a fresh install on 3.0.4 and 1.4 using automod to install.

When someone just goes into their Profile to add their location, etc and not touch this mod it will auto select None(transparent) and then their usernames will be blank on the forum.

Well the whole point of none is for a transparent color.
However, by default, it should be Red, not transparent.
Did you run the queries (or did automod? I'm not sure how that works and if it does that for you)
Waffle Slayer

Post by Waffle Slayer »

Trel wrote:
Waffle Slayer wrote:On a fresh install on 3.0.4 and 1.4 using automod to install.

Did you run the queries (or did automod? I'm not sure how that works and if it does that for you)
I had to run the queries myself. The mod installed fine and everything. But when people started going into their Profile section and updating other parts and then hitting Submit their username would become transparent instead of staying the red(well I changed the color of the red to fit my board in the sql but thats it)

I was just wondering what could cause this.
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Waffle Slayer wrote:
Trel wrote:

I had to run the queries myself. The mod installed fine and everything. But when people started going into their Profile section and updating other parts and then hitting Submit their username would become transparent instead of staying the red(well I changed the color of the red to fit my board in the sql but thats it)

That happens when they choose the NONE option. Members on my board actually like that. It makes your user name invisible. :lol:
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
Waffle Slayer

Post by Waffle Slayer »

phreakwars wrote:
Waffle Slayer wrote:
Trel wrote:

That happens when they choose the NONE option. Members on my board actually like that. It makes your user name invisible. :lol:
I guess you didn't read what I said?

This happens by default when the user goes in to edit their profile and skips the color options altogether. Like they add in a location and hit submit. Wham. Invisible username.
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:
Waffle Slayer wrote:
Trel wrote:

Hmm, it sounds as if something didn't get done right. -NONE- is the first option, but when generating the list of colors, it should be putting the current on as selected (to avoid this very problem).

You said you had to changed the color, if you didn't pick one that's in the list, that would be the problem. It won't be able to set it as the selected on when it generates the list.
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Well, I'm thinking the SQL you manually entered may have been wrong and set as NONE by default, might wanna clear your cache, and recheck your SQL entrys.
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:Well, I'm thinking the SQL you manually entered may have been wrong and set as NONE by default, might wanna clear your cache, and recheck your SQL entrys.
I'm thinking he just put it to a color not on the list. When it's generating the list, when the color it's doing matches the current color, it adds the 'selected=selected' to the '<option>' tag. So if he didn't pick a color on the list, it won't add it to any of the values, and the list will select to choosing the first option (in this case NONE) and as such when he submits, it'll choose none.
ijhtio

Post by ijhtio »

it is an awesome mod Trel...thanks a ton

it is one of the first mods that i have installed on my board (i am new to phpbb, used vb previously)...and it works perfectly... :)
Thanks again.
regards,
ijhtio
armatec

Post by armatec »

I have the same error as stated above when im in the mod control panel

http://www.****.com/phpbb3/mcp.php?i=main&mode=forum_view&f=10&t=329
Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

BACKTRACE

LINE: 819