IGN Style Colored Names

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
JeRicHoOL

Re: IGN Style Colored Names

Post by JeRicHoOL »

I did check all edits again. I didn't find the mistake but it's working now after I've redone the edits. Thank you very much. Sometimes it's better to check things again. :lol:

EDIT: Is it possible to keep the profile link in the name? As soon as the name style is edited the link is gone.

Badger22

Post by Badger22 »

Hi,

I uploaded everything but cant open from index page now and am getting

Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /private_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_content.php on line 1148

What have I missed please? :lol:

Trel

Post by Trel »

Badger22 wrote:Hi,

I uploaded everything but cant open from index page now and am getting

Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /private_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_content.php on line 1148

What have I missed please? :lol:
You missed this edit

Find:

Code: Select all

function get_username_string($mode, $user_id, $username, $username_colour = '', $guest_username = false, $custom_profile_url = false)
{
	global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx, $user, $auth;
Inline Find:

$user,
Inline Add After

$db,

Abera

Post by Abera »

I just found this and hope it goes, but you have 2 XMLs. One in the main directory and one in the templates. Which one do I use?
Thanks

Trel

Post by Trel »

Abera wrote:I just found this and hope it goes, but you have 2 XMLs. One in the main directory and one in the templates. Which one do I use?
Thanks
Both.
The main directory is file edits, and the ones in the templates directory is template edits.

PPV

Post by PPV »

I have a question about this mod. We just switched from InvisionFree and on that board, you could do stylings on the member names like add an icon, colors or smiley and even show a placeholder name (it worked with html)

What does this mod enables me to do exactly, just the color and fonts? Or will it works with BBcodes too?

Abera

Post by Abera »

I did a video of what to do when you get it installed. Maybe this will help others.

Video after installed.

Thanks
Last edited by Abera on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trel

Post by Trel »

Abera wrote:So where do I go from here? I see nothing else either. Will you do a Jing (pic,or video)? You will see the Jing site come up, if you go to my link and you will see what I am seeing. You can use the Jing site to do a video, or screen shot of what to do with this MOD and how to do it? All I see different is a red box around my nick.

Screen shot

Thanks
If you got the red border to appear, then you've done it right.
(In the admin panel, the permission is in the user overview, and for the user to change the color, it's in the main profile section (where you can change interests))
Re-read the part about for the user to change the color.

Trel

Post by Trel »

Smog wrote:The names look a little small with the changes , any possibilty to change that behavior?
I don't recall it changing the size on any of the skins I tested it on. What skin did you install it on?

Trel

Post by Trel »

Smog wrote:Subsilver2. Especially in posts the characters look small. Eg. this thread i posted today: http://www.smokey-services.eu/forum/vie ... 76&t=21536
If you're talking about the characters in the name, I compared it to "verygreenmartian" in this post: http://www.smokey-services.eu/forum/vie ... 52&t=20231

And there's no difference as far as I can see.
(The user in the link I posted does NOT have the styling applied, I could tell from the html source)

If the name doesn't have a style applied, then my mod doesn't touch it, so I honestly don't see what you're talking about.

If you had a screenshot of before and after, that might help, but as it is now, I don't see any abnormal sizes.

ttuu

Post by ttuu »

i not to find in ACP permission for this mod.

Trel

Post by Trel »

ttuu wrote:i not to find in ACP permission for this mod.
In this version, you have to go where you edit a user. (Not the permissions section).
Next version (hopefully out soon) changes over to phpBB's permission system.

For now, it should be

ACP->Users and Groups->Manage Users->(select a user to manage)->And it should be right around "Last active:" if you did all the edits and purged your cache.

dannyflap

Post by dannyflap »

hi im having the same problem,

i select yes in drop down box then sumbit, when i go back it says no again.

i have double checked the acp_users and i have done the mod correctly unless im going mental.

help anyone?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”