Custom Header Logo

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Balint

Re: Custom Header Logo

Post by Balint » Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm

no, this is not implemented (yet).

femu

Post by femu » Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 am

Sure. That's what it is designed for ;-) When you installed it, you can find the field for the logo in each forum.
Regards, femu

Balint

Post by Balint » Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 am

I think the user meant by
hi, is possible to set a custom logo link for each forum?
to assign a link to a logo so clicking on a logo in a specific forum results in a specific link target.

Jume

Post by Jume » Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello,

I am using this mod and I think it's great. However, I noticed that when viewing private messages from the sent or the outbox folder, the custom logo which I assigned to "ucp" is not shown. This probably has something to do with the - in the link:

Code: Select all

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=-2&p=3670
whereas in the inbox and the saved messages there is no -

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=3667
Is there a way to assign a default bakground and logo to all pages where the mod does not seem to work?

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu May 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Jume wrote:I am using this mod and I think it's great. However, I noticed that when viewing private messages from the sent or the outbox folder, the custom logo which I assigned to "ucp" is not shown. This probably has something to do with the - in the link:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=-2&p=3670
whereas in the inbox and the saved messages there is no -

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=3667
Is there a way to assign a default bakground and logo to all pages where the mod does not seem to work?
Hi,

first of all, if you assigned a logo to the UCP, you are using my beta version MOD, not this released one. The error you describe was already reported in a similar way, my answer was:
3. The mcp error is an interesting one because it's not really a bug but a feature :-)
The MOD checks for a request-variable named "f" first and assumes it's in a forum. Even you are in the MCP, you are in the MCP of this specific forum so if you would assign a logo/background to the mentioned forum the logo/background of the forum would show up. Just when the variable "f" is not set the logo/background of the specified page shows up. I can provide a small fix stating that the forum specific logos only apply when we are in a category, forum, thread or post.
The error is not fixed yet, though.

I guess I should begin working again on this one too.

Greets,
Bálint

Jume

Post by Jume » Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Balint wrote: Hi,

first of all, if you assigned a logo to the UCP, you are using my beta version MOD, not this released one. The error you describe was already reported in a similar way, my answer was:
3. The mcp error is an interesting one because it's not really a bug but a feature :-)
The MOD checks for a request-variable named "f" first and assumes it's in a forum. Even you are in the MCP, you are in the MCP of this specific forum so if you would assign a logo/background to the mentioned forum the logo/background of the forum would show up. Just when the variable "f" is not set the logo/background of the specified page shows up. I can provide a small fix stating that the forum specific logos only apply when we are in a category, forum, thread or post.

The error is not fixed yet, though.

I guess I should begin working again on this one too.

Greets,
Bálint
Yes, I'm using the beta mod, sorry I did not mention this.

Can I solve the issue by adding a 'dummy' forum in the database with -1 and -2 as id with the appropriate background and logo entries?

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu May 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi,

yes, that should be possible ;-)

Greets,
Bálint

Jume

Post by Jume » Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Balint wrote:Hi,

yes, that should be possible ;-)

Greets,
Bálint
I just tried it but apparently it is not possible to use a negative value for the forum_id.

If you have another idea, I'll be glad to hear it :)

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi,

with the next version of the BETA MOD I'd like to implement a function to match the "i=pm" part of your request and assign a logo accordingly.

Could you please post your next questions, comments regarding these problems in the beta thread?

Greets,
Bálint

santocool

Post by santocool » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 pm

I was trying to make a new forum.

Forum type: Category.

And after I click "Submit", I get this error:

Can somebody how to fix it?

Thanks!!!

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'forum_logo' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (10, 0, 0, '', 'The News', '', 'jghjfgjhgfh', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 32, '25', 26)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 1035
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 181
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

THE SUPPORT TEAM TOLD ME TO ASK HOW TO FIX IT, I WANT TO REVERSE THE SQL ENTRY:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_path', 'images/logos');
HOW CAN I REVERSE IT BECAUSE IT'S CAUSING ISSUES IN MY FORUM AND I CAN'T MAKE NEW FORUMS!

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX IT!

THANKS A LOT.

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi,

the "doesn't have default value" is a known error wchich can be fixed as described here:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/doesnt- ... ue-errors/

If you want to remove the database changes, please apply the following SQL commands:

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_forums` DROP `forum_logo`;
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE `phpbb_config`.`config_name` = 'logo_path';
Without warranty, make sure to backup your database first!

Regards,
Bálint
santocool wrote:I was trying to make a new forum.

Forum type: Category.

And after I click "Submit", I get this error:

Can somebody how to fix it?

Thanks!!!

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'forum_logo' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (10, 0, 0, '', 'The News', '', 'jghjfgjhgfh', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 32, '25', 26)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 1035
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 181
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

THE SUPPORT TEAM TOLD ME TO ASK HOW TO FIX IT, I WANT TO REVERSE THE SQL ENTRY:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_path', 'images/logos');
HOW CAN I REVERSE IT BECAUSE IT'S CAUSING ISSUES IN MY FORUM AND I CAN'T MAKE NEW FORUMS!

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX IT!

THANKS A LOT.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:15 am

Great mod will be a superb addon for my final product.
Love having the ability to use a different header for specific forums.
Can have poker banner while browsing poker stuff, arcade banner while browsing arcade stuff, chat, music, programming, etc etc and so on.

KUDOS thank you for this mod. :mrgreen:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:34 am

Crap .... Might have just found a conflict with another mod not sure....
Went on adding some more mods from the released databse and then decided to take a break
and add some images and forums to use those images. Now I can not select anything from the dropdown box.

It just shows "no custom logo" in the box and when selecting there are no options available.

After adding this mod and seeing it in action I added these mods....

daroPL_AntiSpam edits in...
includes/ucp/ucp_register.php,
language/en/ucp.php,
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html

Display_age_in_VT
Just an edit to view topic to display users age. shown below...

Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_POSTS}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_POSTS}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_AGE --><dd><strong>{L_AGE}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_AGE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Not sure but maybe since it edited the view topic it bugged with your mod somehow? Not sure if that is it though. Any ideas ?
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

Balint

Post by Balint » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 am

Hi,

I took a look at the first MOD you mentioned and can't see any problems. In about 9 hours I'll be at home again and can install my MOD with the two you posted. Did you verify that the images/logos directory is still there and is readable?

Regards,
Bálint

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Thank you for taking a look hopefully you'll be able to find the issue cause I am lost as to why it worked one moment and then went kaboom after adding a few simple mods :?

I had placed the images in a folder called !logos on root because it was reading every single folder so to find my images easily I named it with a name that would place it at the top of the drop down list.

IE it had all folders to browse images in
adm
all folders inbetween
styles

When I did that I was able to choose images from the list still until I added the other mods.
As far as I can tell I think that was the only 2 mods I had added after this one until noticing I lost the drop down list. But it was near 3.00 am in the morning so might have added one or 2 more and forgot not sure.
But I know none of them were hard mods as I was not ready to add mods needing alot of code changes or code
adding at that time.

I will create a images/logos folder now and see if that helps though just in case and report back.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”