Topic Solved

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: Topic Solved

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Yes, but then i have to redo the edits if i wanna install it again. A simple acp switch would be more flexiable.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

There is no switch to turn off this MOD. The MOD assumes that if it's installed it is used. I suggest that you create your own settings page and have switches there for turning MODs on or off, having the MODs in the config table. Then set a template variable in page_header() and check the config.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 »

daroPL wrote:I have a small suggestion for the MOD. I think the unresolve icon displayed by each post should be removed and be put next to the topic title.
Sorry if somebody has already reported that before.
That is not that difficult to do, I will see if I can figure it out for you.
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

tumba25 wrote:There is no switch to turn off this MOD. The MOD assumes that if it's installed it is used. I suggest that you create your own settings page and have switches there for turning MODs on or off, having the MODs in the config table. Then set a template variable in page_header() and check the config.
No problem. But im not sure i understand the last part. my idea was just to make permission and makea IF code around each template edit. The links in overall_header will still be avaliable to access directly. but i thing i saw a case in search i can add the permission to :)
Last edited by DoYouSpeakWak on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
daroPL
Translator
Name: Darek

Post by daroPL »

mrbaseball34 wrote:
daroPL wrote:I have a small suggestion for the MOD. I think the unresolve icon displayed by each post should be removed and be put next to the topic title.
Sorry if somebody has already reported that before.
That is not that difficult to do, I will see if I can figure it out for you.
I don't use this MOD currently, so you don't have to do it especially for me. I look after the MOD because it's great.
I think tumba25 should think about this improvement.
mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 »

Well, I made a cool modification in post http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10270275 that could lead to a solution for you, too.

I wanted the solved post to be marked visually rather than just having a little icon.
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Had the night off. So here are a addon. its a simple user/group permission. Working with automod. but this addon is NOT validated. just for fun so far.

This addon can hide the following. "View unsolved topics" "View your unsolved topics" and prevent anyone from accessing them manually. In search.php "Search only in solved topics:" can be hidden.

http://psyhosting.info/mods/Solved_topi ... _1_0_0.zip

DYSW
Peetra

Post by Peetra »

mrbaseball34 wrote:
I would not consider that an improvement at all, I am a daily user of Topic Solved as admin on two forums and I like to click at the button directly I see that a change have to be done in the solved status. Going back to the title would be a waste of my precious time. :mrgreen:
I am so hooked on bubbles, that I made a Bubble Witch Saga WP-site! Most addictive game since Tetris!
mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 »

I have suggestion for a modification to this MOD.

I'd like to set up a different forum for solved topics and when the user solves the topic, it gets
moved to that forum and pops up a message showing that the topic has been moved to that
forum then maybe redirect the user to the solved topics forum.

I think this should be on a forum-by-forum basis so some mods to the ACP would be required, too.

I may begin working on it to see if I can come up with this one that one of my peeps asked for.

What do you folks think?
PowWowPalace

Post by PowWowPalace »

I too have a suggestion. Can you make it so that when a user selects a radio button when creating a new topic to chose weather the post is a question or not. If it is a question, then the post will automatically become a unsolved/solved thread. Also the topic will have a question mark icon applied next to it and an unsolved icon or word. If the topic gets solved, then it will also say solved or have an icon appear. Great mod!
liquidroofcoatings

Post by liquidroofcoatings »

I'd like to set up a different forum for solved topics and when the user solves the topic, it gets
moved to that forum and pops up a message showing that the topic has been moved to that
forum then maybe redirect the user to the solved topics forum.
mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 »

liquidroofcoatings,
I am working on that modification, should be done in < 2 wks.
rcurtin

Post by rcurtin »

I know this is probably a realy simple answer and I should be shot for asking it. My registered users cannot see the accept button only Moderators/Admin can see them. What permissions for the registered users group do I have to tweak for them to be able to use this function?
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

In the forum settings ACP > Forums, edit forum, at the bottom of the page, you have the option to "Allow topics to be marked as solved". That can be set to "Yes", "Yes, moderator" and "No". Set it to yes for registered users to see the button.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
rcurtin

Post by rcurtin »

Yeah I have it set as yes for "allow topics to be marked as solved". I have it as Moderators for "Allow topics to be reopened". But registered users cannot see it only moderators can. Do both options need to be on yes? I really don't want users to be able to re-open them. I just want them to mark them solved.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”