Topic Solved

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Re: Topic Solved

Post by tumba25 »

Sl4sh3r wrote:I tried installing this onto my website and for some reason.. The search.php file is screwed up. When I click View Unsolved Posts it gives me...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home5/extremf6/public_html/forums/search.php on line 989
Could you post what's 5 lines before that error. Also search this topic, I have seen that error earlier, but can't remember exactly what it was.

karankura: I can't reproduce that. Are you sure that the solved post is not the last in that topic?

ma_khan: You have to search the topics table for topics with topic_solved > 0 and count them.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
DHMH

Post by DHMH »

Hi,
thank you for your great mod.
Is it possible, to use umlauts in the text for topic solved ?
When I try to use them, they will be converted into ?? :(
Thx in advance!
Greets,
DHMH
German Computerboard:
http://computerboard.eu
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

DHMH wrote:Is it possible, to use umlauts in the text for topic solved ?
No, not in this version. I'll add the possibility to use those to the next version.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
Ltb

Post by Ltb »

Hi, many thanks again for this great MOD, I am using it since beta version... One of my user had good idea, he asked for possibility of multiple "Topic Solved" mark.

For example, if user has 20 unsolved topics and they have been all solved or not-actual, he has to open each of his topic and mark it as solved. It could be great to have a possibility to mark all of user´s topics as solved. The "Solve all" button could be somewhere in "User control panel".
Ltb
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

Ltb wrote:For example, if user has 20 unsolved topics and they have been all solved or not-actual, he has to open each of his topic and mark it as solved. It could be great to have a possibility to mark all of user´s topics as solved. The "Solve all" button could be somewhere in "User control panel".
That's a thought. Would be easy to implement.
MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA »

Do I have this installed incorrectly? I am noticing that the icon is showing up for all users, shouldn't it only show up for the topic starter? Regardless, is there a switch for this so far I am UTL?

UPDATE

Not sure how correct this is but this appears to be working correctly, assuming my install had no errors causing this to occur (in viewtopic.php):

Code: Select all

// BEGIN Topic solved
	$ok_solve = $ok_unsolve = FALSE;
	$u_set_solved = '';
if($topic_data['topic_poster'] == $user->data['user_id']){
	// Check if the user has permission tp solve this topic and that this topic can be solved.
	$ok_solve = (($topic_data['forum_allow_solve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_MOD || $topic_data['forum_allow_solve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_YES) && $topic_mod != '') ? TRUE : FALSE;
	$ok_solve = (($topic_data['forum_allow_solve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_YES) && $topic_data['topic_status'] == ITEM_UNLOCKED) ? TRUE : $ok_solve;
	$ok_solve = ($topic_data['topic_type'] == POST_GLOBAL) ? FALSE : $ok_solve;
	// Check if the user has permission to unsolve this topic and that this topic can be unsolved.
	$ok_unsolve = (($topic_data['forum_allow_unsolve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_MOD || $topic_data['forum_allow_unsolve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_YES) && $topic_mod != '') ? TRUE : FALSE;
	$ok_unsolve = (($topic_data['forum_allow_unsolve'] == TOPIC_SOLVED_YES) && $topic_data['topic_status'] == ITEM_UNLOCKED) ? TRUE : $ok_unsolve;
	$ok_unsolve = ($topic_data['topic_type'] == POST_GLOBAL) ? FALSE : $ok_unsolve;
	if($ok_solve || $ok_unsolve)
	{
		if($ok_unsolve && $topic_data['topic_solved'])
		{
			$u_set_solved = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.{$phpEx}", 'ns=1&f=' . $forum_id . '&t=' . $topic_data['topic_id'] . '&p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#p' . $row['post_id'], true);
		}
		else if($ok_solve && !$topic_data['topic_solved'])
		{
			$u_set_solved = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.{$phpEx}", 'ys=' . $row['post_id'] . '&f=' . $forum_id . '&t=' . $topic_data['topic_id'] . '&p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#p' . $row['post_id'], true);
		}
	}
       if (!isset($signature_cache))
       {
          $signature_cache = array();
       }
          if (!empty($signature_cache[$poster_id]))
          {
             $row['enable_sig'] = false;
          }
                $signature_cache[$poster_id] = true;
}
// END Topic solved

Also as a new feature idea, would it be feasible to make it unlock the topic automatically when it is set back to unsolved?
mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 »

Ltb wrote: <SNIP>
For example, if user has 20 unsolved topics and they have been all solved or not-actual...
<SNIP>
Also...
How about not allowing posts if the user has a certain number of topics NOT marked as solved? I run a help site and would like to keep the site agreeable for the people that actually answer questions. There has been abuse of a similar site in the past where a poster asked many questions and never marked any as solved. This pisses off the other posters that posted answers and makes them not want to continue supporting the site.
LLC

Post by LLC »

Hello,

I am attempting to install your mod through AutoMOD and when I press install i see the following error at the very top of the page in the ACP:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1639: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./../store/mods/topic_solved/root/styles/subsilver2/imageset/*.*) is not within the allowed path(s): (c:/inetpub/phpbb/)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_mods.php on line 1642: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./../store/mods/topic_solved/templates/root/styles/subsilver2/imageset/*.*) is not within the allowed path(s): (c:/inetpub/phpbb/)

I have searched to try to find out why but have not come accross anyone who has encountered the same error. If you could provide any insight that would be much appreciated.

The board version is 3.0.5
it is installed on an internal server running Small Business Server 2008 and is only accessible from within our company. It was installed for us by a IT support company - fresh install, not an upgrade.
I only have one other MOD install - "Upcoming Birthday List"

Thank you for your time.
jgold723

Post by jgold723 »

I've installed (manually) the MOD "Topic Solved" (1.4.3) in my PHPBB (3.0.5) installation.

I followed the instructions:
-- Modified the MySQL DB
-- Edited and uploaded the files
-- Uploaded the new images
-- Refreshed and cleared the cache.

But nothing. No errors or problems, but no option (as far as I can tell) to mark a topic as solved.

I can see options for this function in the ACP and have enabled this function for the forum. But nothing so far.

Suggestions as to where I should start looking?

Thanks,

John
Gioweb

Post by Gioweb »

I installed "Topic Solved" with Automod RC2 :o on phpBB 3.0.5 without problems :P following all instructions, but I do not see the buttons :roll:

Thanks
Gioweb
jgold723

Post by jgold723 »

I found I had to clear the cache on my browser several times, but I did eventually see the button.
Gioweb

Post by Gioweb »

jgold723 wrote:I found I had to clear the cache on my browser several times, but I did eventually see the button.
:mrgreen: Topic Solved Image
Gioweb
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

MKULTRA wrote:Also as a new feature idea, would it be feasible to make it unlock the topic automatically when it is set back to unsolved?
Moderators might have locked the topic for other reasons.

@LLC: You should report that in AutoMOD bug tracker.
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

This MOD do not install with phpBB 3.0.6. A update is not yet available.
user751139

Post by user751139 »

I was only able to run two of the SQL querry:
Code:Select All
ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_solve_text varchar(25) NULL;

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_solve_color varchar(7) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

And I can't run these:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_allow_solve tinyint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_allow_unsolve tinyint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_lock_solved tinyint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD topic_solved mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

This is the error msg i get:
MySQL said:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT0' at line 1

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”