Topic Text in Mouse Over

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
JirkaX

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Post by JirkaX »

All changes are saved and located here: includes/topic_text_hover.php

BTW I also played with this:

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS || GUEST_HIDE_BBCODE_MOD_BOT && $user->data['is_bot'])
but without any success
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

/me whacks self upside head

try this instead

// modified for hide bbcode mod
			 // only registered users can see what's hidden
			 // should this include bots?  It does below
			 if (!$user->data['is_registered']) // to disallow bots and guests use instead $user->data['user_type'] == USER_IGNORE
			 {
				// strip flash and hide bbcodes
				$bbcode_strip = 'flash|hide';
			 }
			 else
			 {
				// just flash then
				$bbcode_strip = 'flash';
			 }
forgot about the static declaration. :roll:
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

great news, we did it:-) thanks a lot for your support
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

I was wondering if there's a way to exclude quotes from the popup?
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

From within includes/topic_text_hover.php, this will strip the bbcode and associated text from the tool-tip

$bbcode_strip = 'flash';
In this case the flash bbcode...to strip others just add them. EG, for quote

$bbcode_strip = 'flash|quote';
images

$bbcode_strip = 'flash|img';
flash, quotes and images

$bbcode_strip = 'flash|img|quote';
ad nauseum, also I stated earlier in this topic how to get the the tip to "look" nicer. Instead of it showing everything on all one line, if you comment out this

'`[\s]+`'
that is make it look like this

//					'`[\s]+`' // Multiple spaces...uncomment to have everything on one line
then the tool-tip will look like this for those posts that have used breaks., eg.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 633 times
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

Perfect, thanks a lot! :D
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

I'm hoping that either the author or someone knows how to fix this problem I am having with this great Mod.
I had this mod installed on a plain Jane prosilver forum and it was working perfectly. I then recently totally revamped my site and changed the style to BF_Vista which is subsilver based.

Unfortunately this style seems to have a problem due to frames I guess which is causing the last post mouse over box to either become a long vertical box like this:

Or it disappears off the side of the screen like this:

And in both cases it creates scroll bars both bottom and on the side.
The style and mod are both awesome and I really hope there is a fix for this.

I have tediously read through most of the 38 pages or so hoping this issue had been addressed before but found nothing remotely like this instance.

Thanks...
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

That's the first I have seen of it acting that way. You can try and adjust these in the js file

offsetX : -75,
	offsetY : 25,
which will move the tooltip more to the left (offsetX).
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

RMcGirr83 wrote:That's the first I have seen of it acting that way. You can try and adjust these in the js file

offsetX : -75,
	offsetY : 25,
which will move the tooltip more to the left (offsetX).
Thanks for the help but apart from working on the first of the last posts, all other lasts posts moused over immediately revert back to the same off screen fault???
So if I close the page and reopen it, the last post tool tip works when first moused over, all other mouse overs are screwed??
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Lucian_rider wrote:Thanks for the help but apart from working on the first of the last posts, all other lasts posts moused over immediately revert back to the same off screen fault???
So if I close the page and reopen it, the last post tool tip works when first moused over, all other mouse overs are screwed??
That shouldn't occur...if it is set on one correctly, it should be set to all though I am not familiar with the style that you are using.
rstynls9

Post by rstynls9 »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! This mod is awesome man. It's working perfectly for me on the first try. I installed it on my Dark Fantasy template without any problems....well, I shouldn't say NO problems...I did get some kind of "General SQL Error" when I tried to change the settings in my ACP. I set the # of characters to 500 and hit submit when the error occurred, and for some reason, after I hit the back button, it defaulted to 775 characters but still worked. I immediately changed it to 300 characters and then got no error at all. Since then I've changed it to 250 without issue as well. Weird :? Anyway, I also changed the opacity to 1.00, the background color, and the font size to match the other hover text boxes on my forum. Looks awesome! Thanks again for a great mod. :D
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you are enjoying the mod!! :D
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Hi RMcGirr83,

This is a very nice mod and I sure hope I can get this thing to work but I have been having lots of problems so far. Most of them I have sorted myself but this one is killing me.
I am needing some help here. After installing this mod I get the following error:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'northeu5_phpb1.phpbb_3topicst' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT t.*, p.post_text AS first_text_hover, pt.post_text AS last_text_hover FROM phpbb_3topicst LEFT JOIN phpbb_3posts p ON (p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_3posts pt ON (pt.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id) WHERE t.topic_id = 12412

Oh and I am also getting this at the top:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 513: Undefined variable: sql_select
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewforum.php on line 515: Undefined variable: sql_join
BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: viewforum.php
LINE: 517
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
What really gets me is that I ran the db installer

I think I have it narrowed down to this error only seems to happen when I visit a viewforum that contains a moved topic. I think....

EDIT
Never mind I got it YAY!!! Thanks to this post http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7675975
It was just a spacing issue. WOW! That was a tough one. Anyway I just want to say thanks for such an awesome mod. I had a similar mod installed but it only had the hover on the the last topic in view forum but once I seen this mod I uninstalled it and installed this one. :D
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Thanks stitch! Glad you are enjoying the mod. :)
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

I even got it working with Nick Vergassans last topic title mod so when you hover over the last topic title it does the hover. :D

Only one thing but not a very big issue but the hover over shows on forums that are restricted. Like if a user doesn't have the permissions to read a forum he can still see the hover over text of the last post. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”