Topic Text in Mouse Over

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
phpaaa

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Post by phpaaa »

i've installed this "very useful" MOD successfully ...

but i encountered another problem that might (90%) NOT related to this MOD (see my problem /viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1389485). Well, to help me solve this problem, please allow me to do a little survey here. Anyone who installed this MOD and other language pack (other than English) have problem loading the non-english registration page, like my situation ? simply neglect this post if u don't got my problem ... and thanks ...
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Sorry, this mod doesn't touch the registration page at all...in fact it doesn't even touch any language files either.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | My extensions are updated regularly on github
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83 wrote:When the mod is first installed it is not active. To activate you have to go to ACP->General->Board Features to activate it.

I did this, because I had the same problem, and configured it to show 500 characters, and nothing happens... I'v deleted all board cookies, and still doesn't work :(

Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Xuga
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Have you refreshed the template and theme for the style it is installed on?

If so, link to your board please? I have no idea why you deleted the board cookies...cookies have nothing to do with this mod.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | My extensions are updated regularly on github
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Have you refreshed the template and theme for the style it is installed on?

If so, link to your board please? I have no idea why you deleted the board cookies...cookies have nothing to do with this mod.

Oh no? Sorry, I think I've read it somewhere :? ...

How do I refresh the template and theme? Sorry, I'm a noob... :oops:

Thanks

Xuga
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

ACP->Styles, Left had side of window (eg click template, right window click "Refresh" on whichever style). Do the same for the theme of the style as well.
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83 wrote:ACP->Styles, Left had side of window (eg click template, right window click "Refresh" on whichever style). Do the same for the theme of the style as well.

Ups... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I've made the changes in the wrong template... :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm gonna hide and prentend this never happened... :lol:
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

Ok, now I did everything correct, and it stll doesn't work :(
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Did you activate it in the ACP->Board Features section?
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Did you activate it in the ACP->Board Features section?

Yes I did...
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Link to your forum please where the mod is installed.
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You must upload the files into the proper directories. Milkyway Red is a subsilver2 based style...so take the files found in the download of the mod from the subsilver2 folder within the root/styles folder and upload them into the proper directories (you're missing tooltip.css as well as tooltip.js within the milky way red folder).

Also you have not made all the changes required for the mod. For example, I can see no edits done to styles/milky_way_red/template/viewforum_body.html.

Please ensure that you follow all of the instructions exactly as they are given.
Texuga

Post by Texuga »

RMcGirr83 wrote:You must upload the files into the proper directories. Milkyway Red is a subsilver2 based style...so take the files found in the download of the mod from the subsilver2 folder within the root/styles folder and upload them into the proper directories (you're missing tooltip.css as well as tooltip.js within the milky way red folder).

Also you have not made all the changes required for the mod. For example, I can see no edits done to styles/milky_way_red/template/viewforum_body.html.

Please ensure that you follow all of the instructions exactly as they are given.

Thanks a lot!!! It's working... I kinda lost myself when I made all the changes in the red-border template instead of the milkyway template... :ugeek:

Kind regards,

Xuga
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No problem.

It really isn't as hard as it may seem to install a mod, you just need to be patient and follow the instructions of whatever mod.

Further with Automod and UMIL, you shouldn't have to touch a thing with a properly written up mod...so this may all be moot anyway in a short amount of time. ;)

Upload, click, install...done.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”