Page 3 of 67

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:36 am
by RMcGirr83
Never thought I would say this in public but...thank you wang!!

:oops:

:lol:

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:53 am
by Mudjosh
Ok.. Here's an interesting one..

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW, expecting ')' in public_html/viewforum.php on line 653
My line 653 is:

Code: Select all

'POST_TEXT_HOVER'           => (isset($hover_post)) ? censor_text($hover_post) : '',
And although I'm sure you know this but the surrounding code is:

Code: Select all

			'PAGINATION'		=> 
			// BEGIN mod topic title hover
			'POST_TEXT_HOVER'           => (isset($hover_post)) ? censor_text($hover_post) : '',
			// END mod topic title hover
topic_generate_pagination($replies, $view_topic_url),
Just so that you could get where I'm at..

I double checked that to make sure I did exactly as you have in the instuctions and it seems correct. I have not double checked all my edits but I didn't think I would have to as the error is pointing right to that one line.

I'm sure this is an error on my side but could I get some support?

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 am
by wang5555
RMcGirr83 wrote:Never thought I would say this in public but...thank you wang!!
You are welcome! :)
Mudjosh wrote:And although I'm sure you know this but the surrounding code is:

Code: Select all

         'PAGINATION'      => 
         // BEGIN mod topic title hover
         'POST_TEXT_HOVER'           => (isset($hover_post)) ? censor_text($hover_post) : '',
         // END mod topic title hover
topic_generate_pagination($replies, $view_topic_url),
Just so that you could get where I'm at..
You must modify following:

Code: Select all

         'PAGINATION'      => topic_generate_pagination($replies, $view_topic_url),
         // BEGIN mod topic title hover
         'POST_TEXT_HOVER'           => (isset($hover_post)) ? censor_text($hover_post) : '',
         // END mod topic title hover

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:43 pm
by Mudjosh
Thanks! You must think I'm an idiot.. :P

That solved it so thank you a million.

And this really is a great mod! Good job!

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm
by muggins
Rich,

One of my members has asked me to implement this for the 'view the latest post' hover text on the index page.

I don't quite know where to begin, but I'm sure you do. :D Any chance I could please my good people with an update? Please? :mrgreen:

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 am
by RMcGirr83
I'll try and work something up in the next few days

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:11 am
by muggins
Mighty fine, sir! TY

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 am
by RMcGirr83
For what it's worth, those who have installed this mod may find this useful. ;)

Hint, hover your mouse over a subforum name on the forum.

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:40 pm
by wang5555
RMcGirr83 wrote:For what it's worth, those who have installed this mod may find this useful. ;)

Hint, hover your mouse over a subforum name on the forum.
Result enjoyable! Thanks! :D

Please teaching me:
How to hover text over
Recent topic, Latest global announcements, and Latest news
on the portal page? :oops:
(P.S. use Board3 Portal; Demo: your board)

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm
by RMcGirr83
You have to edit the following files found under the portal/block directory
  • news.php
  • annoucements.php
  • recent.php
I want to try and keep this topic as clean as possible. I will write something up and post it on my forum that you will be able to use.

Thanks for the understanding. :)

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:04 am
by wang5555
RMcGirr83 wrote:You have to edit the following files found under the portal/block directory
  • news.php
  • annoucements.php
  • recent.php
I want to try and keep this topic as clean as possible. I will write something up and post it on my forum that you will be able to use.

Thanks for the understanding. :)
Your idea is right.

Thanks for your help, I already modify successfully. ;)

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 pm
by RMcGirr83
wang5555 wrote: Your idea is right.

Thanks for your help, I already modify successfully. ;)
Outstanding!! :)
muggins wrote:Mighty fine, sir! TY
You can find an update to the mod here. There are change logs in the contrib folder (for 1.0.0 to 1.0.1---included search function and for 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a---included last post text).

Few notes, if there are no posts other than the first one in a topic, the hover will state "View latest post" otherwise it will pull the last post text from the topic and show that when hovering over the "View latest post" icon. At least that's the way it works on my forum

Any issues, please let me know. Thanks! :)

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:32 pm
by muggins
Got it, and thanks again! :D

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:53 pm
by wang5555
RMcGirr83 wrote:You can find an update to the mod here. There are change logs in the contrib folder (for 1.0.0 to 1.0.1---included search function and for 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a---included last post text).

Few notes, if there are no posts other than the first one in a topic, the hover will state "View latest post" otherwise it will pull the last post text from the topic and show that when hovering over the "View latest post" icon. At least that's the way it works on my forum

Any issues, please let me know. Thanks! :)
Tests 1.0.1a result discover:
Hover over the "View latest post" icon doesn't show the last post text.

Maybe can modify following:
#
#-----[ OPEN ]-----
#
viewforum.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]-----
#

Code: Select all

			// BEGIN Topic Post Text Hover Mod
			'FIRST_POST_TEXT_HOVER'		=> (isset($hover_first_post)) ? censor_text($hover_first_post) : '',
			'LAST_POST_TEXT_HOVER'		=> $hover_last_post,
			'LAST_POST_IMG'				=> (!empty($hover_last_post)) ? $user->img('icon_topic_latest') : $user->img('icon_topic_latest', 'VIEW_LATEST_POST'),
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-----
#

Code: Select all

			// BEGIN Topic Post Text Hover Mod
			'FIRST_POST_TEXT_HOVER'		=> (isset($hover_first_post)) ? censor_text($hover_first_post) : '',
			'LAST_POST_IMG'				=> (!empty($hover_last_post)) ? $user->img('icon_topic_latest', $hover_last_post) : $user->img('icon_topic_latest', 'VIEW_LATEST_POST'),
Another, if uses subsilver2 style so has to modify twice.
44, 61 lines
195, 212 lines

P.S.
'LAST_POST_TEXT_HOVER' variable can move.

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:06 pm
by muggins
Rich, for some reason I expected this to work on the index page as well. :oops:

I think it could be made to work easily. This snippet from forumlist_body.html is the key, but I tried a few things that weren't productive. Not even an error message!

Code: Select all

                <!-- ELSEIF not forumrow.S_IS_LINK -->
                    <dd class="topics">{forumrow.TOPICS} <dfn>{L_TOPICS}</dfn></dd>
                    <dd class="posts">{forumrow.POSTS} <dfn>{L_POSTS}</dfn></dd>
                    <dd class="lastpost"><span>
                        <!-- IF forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME --><dfn>{L_LAST_POST}</dfn> {L_POST_BY_AUTHOR} {forumrow.LAST_POSTER_FULL}
                        <a href="{forumrow.U_LAST_POST}">{LAST_POST_IMG}</a> <br />{L_POSTED_ON_DATE} {forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME}<!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_POSTS}<!-- ENDIF --></span>
                    </dd>
                <!-- ENDIF --> 
I just love making you work harder... :D