Topic Text in Mouse Over

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Post by RMcGirr83 »

manuxtreme,

you have to to include the js file into your templates overall_header.html file. Your tooltip disappears after ~5 seconds. After changing make sure you refresh the template in the ACP

v_lizzy

you have totally installed the mod incorrectly. Find this line in your styles forumlist_body.html

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{forumrow.U_LAST_POST}">  <!-- IF forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->title="{forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER}"<!-- ENDIF -->  <!-- IF forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->{forumrow.LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->{LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
and replace it with this

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{forumrow.U_LAST_POST}" <!-- IF forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->title="{forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER}"<!-- ENDIF -->>    <!-- IF forumrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->{forumrow.LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->{LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
After changing make sure you refresh the template in the ACP
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

manuxtreme

Post by manuxtreme »

RMcGirr83 wrote:manuxtreme,

you have to to include the js file into your templates overall_header.html file. Your tooltip disappears after ~5 seconds. After changing make sure you refresh the template in the ACP
Aye thanks :D

Not sure how I missed that :oops:

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Also manu, the reason the tooltip isn't showing when viewing a forum is due to this edit in viewforum_body.html

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}"topicrow.U_LAST_POST}"> <!-- IF topicrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->{topicrow.LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->{LAST_POST_IMG} <!-- ENDIF --></a> <!-- ENDIF --><br />{topicrow.LAST_POST_TIME}</span>

it should be like this instead

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{topicrow.U_LAST_POST}" <!-- IF topicrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->title="{topicrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER}"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF topicrow.LAST_TEXT_HOVER -->{topicrow.LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->{LAST_POST_IMG} <!-- ENDIF --></a> <!-- ENDIF --><br />{topicrow.LAST_POST_TIME}</span>
[EDIT]Nubbed it and fixed it[/EDIT]
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

Hiya, I've gone back through and fixed those, thank you, but it's still not working (which is why I thought I'd put those > in the wrong place before).

There's still something affecting some of the last post titles and preventing them from displaying and I still have no post displaying when rolling the cursor over them. :?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated, thank you!

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

v_lizzy, the mod isn't active upon initial install, you have to activate it in the ACP (board features to be exact). Your new edits to forumlist_body.html look good. I did not look at viewforum_body.html

v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

It's already activated.

'Allow Post Text In Mouse Hover' is set to yes, 'Display for the Hover' is set to first post and 'Number of Characters for Mouse Hover' is set to 775.

I ran the installer too, refreshed the template and theme, purged the cache and triple checked everything... and now I'm drawing a blank! :(

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

v_lizzy wrote:
'Allow Post Text In Mouse Hover' is set to yes, 'Display for the Hover' is set to first post and 'Number of Characters for Mouse Hover' is set to 775.
first post only shows when viewing a forum (hover over the topic title) , last post will show when in index.php (hover mouse over last post icon...next to user name) and when viewing a forum (same as on index.php).

v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

Ah, gotcha! :D Ok, well that's showing up now, thank you! You don't happen to know what the confict might be with Nick's last topic titles? I'm just going through the common files between the two mods now to see if I can see anything.

Thank you so much for all your support!

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

v_lizzy wrote:Ah, gotcha! :D Ok, well that's showing up now, thank you! You don't happen to know what the confict might be with Nick's last topic titles? I'm just going through the common files between the two mods now to see if I can see anything.

Thank you so much for all your support!
I may have a solution for that

v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

Hiya, I've just registered but the following message is displayed: 'You are not authorised to read this forum.' Is there anything else I need to do to access it?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Did you read the top of that forum, the part that is in all red?

eman80

Post by eman80 »

Hi Rich

It is really a Great mod .. works perfectly .. but I have a question: is there any special instructions for rtl direction (like arabic language) make text hover appears in better place for rtl ?

Thanks again for this great work. :D
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com

v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

No - I've found where you're talking about though. ;)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

eman80 wrote:Hi Rich

It is really a Great mod .. works perfectly .. but I have a question: is there any special instructions for rtl direction (like arabic language) make text hover appears in better place for rtl ?

Thanks again for this great work. :D
Never even gave it a thought. Believe it or not, I don't read/speak/understand foreign languages to well. ;) Some a bit, but others (like arabic)...I'm like a deer staring at headlights.

aka :shock:

Would you be willing to test some ideas I may come up with?

eman80

Post by eman80 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Would you be willing to test some ideas I may come up with?
yes sure :D
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”