Topic Text in Mouse Over

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I return home from Philidelphia. Never did like that javascript anyway. As a temporary work around just comment out the .js call for this mod in the overall_header.html file. The tooltip will still show, it just won't "stay" when you hover your mouse over the icon (aka it will disappear after ~5 seconds).
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I return home from Philidelphia. Never did like that javascript anyway. As a temporary work around just comment out the .js call for this mod in the overall_header.html file. The tooltip will still show, it just won't "stay" when you hover your mouse over the icon (aka it will disappear after ~5 seconds).
It's OK its not on my live forum yet, the way the tooltip is displayed is one of the things which I like most about your MOD compared to other topic preview MOD's which I have seen.

azzam

Post by azzam »

viewforum_body still won't work.I tried with prosilver and se_pro.It works on search page and forum list but not viewforum_body. Thankyou
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)

sitwi

Post by sitwi »

[quote=FORDification]I had a forum member ask me if it was possible to include a time delay for the pop-up (so it won't immediately appear on every post as you're moving your mouse down the list) and if an auto-shutoff (after so many seconds) is something that could be applied to this great mod?[/quote]

I know this was dismissed first time, but I'd echo the request.

I find that it can be very distracting if moving the mouse a few posts down brings up several different pop-ups for a split second. It's an important enough MOD to install, but this would make it a whole lot easier on the eye.

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

sitwi wrote:
FORDification wrote:I had a forum member ask me if it was possible to include a time delay for the pop-up (so it won't immediately appear on every post as you're moving your mouse down the list) and if an auto-shutoff (after so many seconds) is something that could be applied to this great mod?
I know this was dismissed first time, but I'd echo the request.

I find that it can be very distracting if moving the mouse a few posts down brings up several different pop-ups for a split second. It's an important enough MOD to install, but this would make it a whole lot easier on the eye.
I personally prefer it to display instantly and for it to stay on as it can be quite annoying having to wait and then for it to go off before you finish reading. I think it would be a good idea that if this feature was added that it was possible to enable/disable it using the admin panel.

grissley

Post by grissley »

The mod behaves a bit strange. I was expecting sth like this:

meaning, a box with a part of first and a part of the last post.

What I get instead, can be seen here:
http://sere.yoyo.pl

Precisely,
When we go with mouse to the "last post" column on the index page, over the last post icon, we can see only the text of the last post.
But then, we go to the subforum, like here: http://www.sere.yoyo.pl/viewforum.php?f ... 473fb938f3, and we go with mouse pointer over the title of the last post. Now, what can be seen, is the part of the first post only... wtf?
Have I done sth wrong, or it just works like that?

Gereem

Post by Gereem »

Hi, I'm a novice at phpbb and I was wondering if someone co uld explain to me what this last DIY instruction meant.
Login to your forum as board founder and browse to the topichover_db_update.php file to make the database changes. Purge the cache after installing the mod to regenerate database changes. Also make sure you refresh the template and theme in the ACP for the style as well.
Does it mean I I have to go to myphpadmin and make some sort of database changes or just log on as the founding administrator on my forum and look for the folder? If so, how do I find the specific folder and make a database change? Thanks, I'm really hoping this mod works. :D

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Gereem wrote:Hi, I'm a novice at phpbb and I was wondering if someone co uld explain to me what this last DIY instruction meant.
Login to your forum as board founder and browse to the topichover_db_update.php file to make the database changes. Purge the cache after installing the mod to regenerate database changes. Also make sure you refresh the template and theme in the ACP for the style as well.
Does it mean I I have to go to myphpadmin and make some sort of database changes or just log on as the founding administrator on my forum and look for the folder? If so, how do I find the specific folder and make a database change? Thanks, I'm really hoping this mod works. :D
It simply means open that file in your browser, you can find it by browsing to http://your-web-address.com/phpBB3/topi ... update.php

Gereem

Post by Gereem »

Thanks DJ Skitzo, that updated the database. Only problem is nothing appears to be changed. I refreshed the template and theme of the prosilver style (and the other styles as well since I have only three on my practice website) but nothing shows up. There's no messages at the top or bottom of the forum page indicating an error and nothing seems broken compared to what it should normally look like, so I'm guessing I didn't do anything massively wrong in my code editing through notepad++. But then, what's the problem? I'm taking the time to try and make this work but I just have no clue as to where I should make changes. Do I have to re-edit the entire code and re-install everything?

Would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a shortcut to fix my problem and get the mod to work, really hoping it does. :geek:

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Don't forget to make the changes to the phpbb files as stated in the install instructions and once done refresh the template and theme of your style. Also upon initial install the mod is not activated, you activate/enable it under "Board Features".
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

Gereem

Post by Gereem »

oic, ya, I didn't know I had to go to Board Features to enable. Thanks.

On my install, only the first post works and whenever I set the settings for both first and last or last post only to show up, it either doesn't show up (when set to both) or says 'no new posts' (when set to last post), so I'm guessing this would be more of the editing error?

But the advice you gave me on the turning the mod on worked great. Thanks!

azzam

Post by azzam »

Please
azzam wrote:viewforum_body still won't work.I tried with prosilver and se_pro.It works on search page and forum list but not viewforum_body. Thank you
What i am doing wrong ... I checked vieforum.php display_forum.php and also template files but still no luck for me..

Please look at my problem.. Please and i have contact board 1.0.5 is there any difference between 10.5 and 1.0.5 a .. ? if there are any changes please provide me update instructions..
Azzam Malik

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

grissley wrote:When we go with mouse to the "last post" column on the index page, over the last post icon, we can see only the text of the last post.
But then, we go to the subforum, like here: http://www.sere.yoyo.pl/viewforum.php?f ... 473fb938f3, and we go with mouse pointer over the title of the last post. Now, what can be seen, is the part of the first post only... wtf?
Have I done sth wrong, or it just works like that?
Sort of difficult to help you with those links as your forum requires login.
Gereem wrote: On my install, only the first post works and whenever I set the settings for both first and last or last post only to show up, it either doesn't show up (when set to both) or says 'no new posts' (when set to last post), so I'm guessing this would be more of the editing error?

But the advice you gave me on the turning the mod on worked great. Thanks!
The last post shows when hovering over the icon under the "Latest Post" column.
azzam wrote: What i am doing wrong ... I checked vieforum.php display_forum.php and also template files but still no luck for me..
Link to your board please
Please and i have contact board 1.0.5 is there any difference between 10.5 and 1.0.5 a .. ? if there are any changes please provide me update instructions..
The Contact Board Admin mod has it's own topic, please post your request in that topic. Thanks.

azzam

Post by azzam »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Link to your board please..
Ok .. http://yourplace.byethost13.com

I installed view your topic mod if i view my topic by clicking that link.Hovers perfectly shows up and in all pages in forum list and search pages.But not in viewforum_body.. :)
RMcGirr83 wrote:The Contact Board Admin mod has it's own topic, please post your request in that topic. Thanks.
I also asked there but didn't get any reply from you that's why i asked here.Sorry if you did mind.
Azzam Malik

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Until the phpBB copyright is replaced in your footer, I am not going to provide you with any support.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”