Topic Text in Mouse Over

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Topic Text in Mouse Over

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Nixxie1981 wrote:I reaally want this mod but it isnt working for me!

I have double checked everything....I have no errors, its just not worked!
Once installed you have to activate it in the ACP under "Board Features".

Do people even read topics anymore because I know I have said that exact thing about, ohhhh, 50 bazillion times in this topic.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored
lordofthisworld

Post by lordofthisworld »

took me a while til i realised dreamweaver wasn't doing its job so changed to editting with notepad.check your edits, file uploads, refreshed templates and it is activated in acp.
cfeedback

Post by cfeedback »

themasteroffail wrote:Hello, sorry if this has been answered but I looked all over....

I currently have bbcode that makes a spoiler tag. If you click "spoiler" words appear.

With this great mod added, if there is a spoiler in the first post, the words appear. Is there a way to make the words NOT appear? I know bbcode is disabled, and therefore smilies do not show..

1. is there a way to enable bbcode?

2. Is there a way for everything to be disabled EXCEPT the spoiler?
I have the same problem with a [note] bbcode that on my board. It allows users to leave text in a post not visible except for in edit mode--which I assume works basically the same way as spoiler other than there's no button to show the text for the average joe.

If there were a way to disable the topic hover text from showing this it'd be fantastic! Here's the code if it helps:

Code: Select all

[note]{TEXT}[/note]
<!-- {TEXT} -->
Notes available only when editing the post: [note]text[/note]
pearsonhurst

Post by pearsonhurst »

When my users try to turn off this feature in UCP, they are getting this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_text_hover' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_options = '1919', user_topic_sortby_type = 't', user_post_sortby_type = 't', user_topic_sortby_dir = 'd', user_post_sortby_dir = 'a', user_topic_show_days = 0, user_post_show_days = 0, user_text_hover = 1 WHERE user_id = 54

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php
LINE: 225
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: ucp_prefs->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 310
CALL: p_master->load_active()
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Did you run the database update file per the DIY instructions in the mod? If updating then the code to run via phpmyadmin would be

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_text_hover tinyint( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Changing phpbb_ to whatever the prefix is for your tables (phpbb_ is the default on initial install).
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
pearsonhurst

Post by pearsonhurst »

Thought I did, but evidently I didn't The phpmyadmin command did the trick.

Thanks.
drtran

Post by drtran »

Works great, but I was wondering, could this work in the VIEW YOUR POSTS/VIEW NEW TOPICS area also? I notice that it only work inside the category...

also i have the NV Recent Topics mod, could this be added to that to show the mouse over text?

Sorry for asking the questions!
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

drtran wrote:Works great, but I was wondering, could this work in the VIEW YOUR POSTS/VIEW NEW TOPICS area also? I notice that it only work inside the category...
The mod works for searches (view your posts, view new topics) I believe as well as for the other search optioncs (view new posts, etc.) as well as in viewforum and on the index page.
also i have the NV Recent Topics mod, could this be added to that to show the mouse over text?
http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=98
Sorry for asking the questions!
I don't mind the questions, what I do mind is people posting questions that have already been asked and answered in a topic. It shows lack of respect for whomever takes the time to answer the question that has already been asked and answered. Everyone's time is important...no one more so than the other.
drtran

Post by drtran »

RMcGirr83 wrote: I don't mind the questions, what I do mind is people posting questions that have already been asked and answered in a topic. It shows lack of respect for whomever takes the time to answer the question that has already been asked and answered. Everyone's time is important...no one more so than the other.
Thank You for your time., it seem like it only work in certain areas but I will go back and double check.

http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=98
^^ i register on your site it still say NOT AUTHORISED TO VIEW
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

If a post contains only a smiley or a photo and nothing else the topic preview is just a small little empty square. In this case is it possible to get it to show a small thumbnail of the image in the post/smiley, but only when their is no text present?
cfeedback

Post by cfeedback »

RMcGirr83 wrote: I don't mind the questions, what I do mind is people posting questions that have already been asked and answered in a topic. It shows lack of respect for whomever takes the time to answer the question that has already been asked and answered. Everyone's time is important...no one more so than the other.
I love this mod and appreciate the support, so if you've already answered the question in this post: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10201575 forgive me for asking again. I tried searching the thread and reading through it but its pretty long and if it was already answered I must have missed it. Thanks!
RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

cfeedback wrote:I love this mod and appreciate the support, so if you've already answered the question in this post: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10201575 forgive me for asking again. I tried searching the thread and reading through it but its pretty long and if it was already answered I must have missed it. Thanks!
Try this.
DJ Skitzo wrote:If a post contains only a smiley or a photo and nothing else the topic preview is just a small little empty square. In this case is it possible to get it to show a small thumbnail of the image in the post/smiley, but only when their is no text present?
Not at this time, no.
drtran wrote:http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=98
^^ i register on your site it still say NOT AUTHORISED TO VIEW
Read the rules for that particular forum found at the top of the forum page.
Xev

Post by Xev »

Installed perfectly. I love it, thanks!
NissanNut

Post by NissanNut »

Awesome!!! I did not understand that it was off by default. Your instruction say "tooltip is inactive". I did not realize at first you meant "Hover is off". Very cool mod!!!!
autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu »

a problem with this MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1719135
tooltip is used both MOD, and it isn't compatible...
i hope you can fix it, thanks :)

Autinhyeu
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”