Quote to new topic

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: Quote to new topic

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

You are correct that this is a bug, I'm not sure about the correct way to fix this. I'm not in favor of forcing it to a normal post for everyone (including those that have the permissions in the new forum), a way around this I can't think of without going AJAX/javascript.
So maybe this is the best fix for the time being and solve this in a better manner when I'm rewriting it.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
joebert
Name: Joe

Post by joebert »

I took a few things into consideration when patching it for myself.
  1. The MOD is using the reply template where even users with proper authority don't get the type radio buttons and altering this seems like it would be a major change in the way the MOD is implemented
  2. Implementing this with the new topic template instead of the reply template would drop the usually useful topic review
  3. I think the chances of a quoted to new topic thread actually needing to be a sticky/annoucement are pretty small, it wouldn't happen often enough where simply promoting the topic afterwards would be a burden
As I sit here now and compare a quote to new topic interface to a normal new topic interface I see a few more points.
  1. Along with no radio options for stickies/annoucements, there is also no field to have a sticky which expires. Such functionality could come in handy
  2. Users with the proper authority are presented with a "Lock Topic" checkbox in the the MODs UI which doesn't work in the way one might expect, it will lock the source thread instead of the new thread
  3. Poll creation isn't available in the MODs UI, another thing that could come in handy
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

joebert,

I'll respond to your last post in this forum. It looks like I've found a couple of issues I haven't thought of that might cause a pretty big rewrite of the MOD. Therefore lets go to the dev topic and keep this one clean for any support issues :).
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
scenes

Post by scenes »

After installing this mod (version 3.0.1), in ACP/Styles I am getting this error: -
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/styles.php:1)
Same for lines 151,152, 153

I am unable to find where I have gone wrong.

In styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html, I find two instances of IF postrow.U_QUOTE, and am unsure of which to change to ELSEIF, or if both are to be changed.

I would appreciate any clue as to how I can fix this.
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

scenes wrote:After installing this mod (version 3.0.1), in ACP/Styles I am getting this error: -
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/styles.php:1)
Same for lines 151,152, 153
What editor do you use? There are two causes. Make sure that there is nothing before:

Code: Select all

<?php
This includes white lines and spaces. If that is the make make user that you use a real plain text editor and that the file encoding is set to UTF-8 W/O BOM.
scenes wrote:In styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html, I find two instances of IF postrow.U_QUOTE, and am unsure of which to change to ELSEIF, or if both are to be changed.

I would appreciate any clue as to how I can fix this.
Edits are always listed from the top of the file to the bottom. The first find is the first occurrence of that line in the file, the second find is the first occurrence of that line after the first find.
jeffm2008

Post by jeffm2008 »

great mod...works perfectly.

However, I was REALLY REALLY hoping that since it creates a new topic that the "Poll Creation" would be available after click the "quote to new topic" button...this would be perfect for my site.

I realize that "Poll Creation" does appear after you post the new topic and go back to edit it. However, I would need to it be there initially when creating the "New Topic". Like a normal "New Topic".

any ideas on how to get that to happen? thanks very much!

Aslo, is there a way to have the user "quote to new topic" and start a new topic in a specific forum, that we can specify, instead of a new topic in the current forum?

thank you
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Actually I've created an update some time ago that could do that, though it has been rejected from the MODDB and haven't had the time yet to fix it. Besides that I'm still planning on rewriting the whole MOD to be better incorporated with the phpBB core.
I might do this, soon though as this isn't a really big MOD ;).
jeffm2008

Post by jeffm2008 »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:Actually I've created an update some time ago that could do that, though it has been rejected from the MODDB and haven't had the time yet to fix it. Besides that I'm still planning on rewriting the whole MOD to be better incorporated with the phpBB core.
I might do this, soon though as this isn't a really big MOD ;).

Looking forward to it! thanks.
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

I see on your website that you have the mod listed as 2.0 - is this a RC or is it a ready to use mod? Just wondering as I really like the functionality added by the Quote to new topic mod.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Yes there is a 2.0.x, but its not the one posted on my site ;). I'm going to submit this version to the MODDB as soon phpBB 3.0.6 is released because the MOD is written on that version and some of the finds are only within 3.0.6.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Quote to new topic

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 2.0.0
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

And there it is :).
Make sure that you un-install the old version of this MOD completely before updating to 2.0.0 :geek:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”