TinyPic Plugin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
jmjm003

Re: TinyPic Plugin

Post by jmjm003 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:55 am

DavidIQ wrote: BTW you guys know that tinypic.com will show your posted pictures right?
How to say this without sounding like an (|) .

That's the whole point of using tinypic is it not?
You really don't need a mod for such an action. Just makes it more convenient to do it right from your post.

Or did I misunderstand you?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:12 am

Prior to this mod I had not heard of tinypic and the mod inserts the pic into the posting so my thought was that it was not going to be this way. But I guess it's more popular than I thought...Imageshack popular level even.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

danswano

Post by danswano » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am

I have my own image uploading system, can i use it with this mod ?

Please author answer me ! :cry:

jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:23 pm

danswano wrote:I have my own image uploading system, can i use it with this mod ?

Without knowing what your uploading system is, how can anyone answer you correctly?

On just a guess from the mod edits, I would say it most likely will work.

danswano

Post by danswano » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:04 pm

jmjm003 wrote:
danswano wrote:I have my own image uploading system, can i use it with this mod ?

Without knowing what your uploading system is, how can anyone answer you correctly?

On just a guess from the mod edits, I would say it most likely will work.
This is it: http://yabsoft.com/aihs-livedemo.php

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:53 pm

madshark wrote:
jmjm003 wrote:Something else I've noticed.
After a topic is started. You lose the tinypic upload box if you go back to edit a post.. On post a reply you have it. I've only noticed this on an edit. The first post in the topic maintains the upload box. It's just the reply that that has it missing on edits...

Any thoughts?
above problems.

Try this one http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1242705

madshark

Post by madshark » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm

ive disabled attachments on the board anyway chance of a fix in this case ??

wraaa

Post by wraaa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:16 pm

madshark wrote:ive disabled attachments on the board anyway chance of a fix in this case ??
What do you mean? Did you disable the tab? If so you might need to look in styles/prosilver/template/posting_buttons.html and look for "var panels = ". After installing this mod it should look something like:

var panels = new Array('options-panel', 'attach-panel', 'poll-panel', 'upload-panel');

wraaa

Post by wraaa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 pm

jmjm003 wrote:Yes, I checked the edits.
I'm guessing java script problem. Most mods have you include the script within the style folder. This one has you place it in the root folder. Thought that was rather strange and tried multiple placements for it.

Doesn't matter if I try it on prosilver special edition or just prosilver.
Either way, the add to post does not work for me. Tried with IE and FF.
Also have the issue depending on the size of the image being uploaded causing problems with the layout being pushed down the page behind the tinypic.com link in the bottom left.

Regardless, I've made few changes that allow it to work for me without any of the above problems.
The script files that are included go in the root folder because it was denied when I put them in the template folders. The file locations for these are very specific. We have javascript that expects these files to be off the root. Look in styles/prosilver/template/posting_upload_body.html to see how we're doing are callback. The callback.html needs to be located off your forum root. See:
tinypic_callback_url = document.location.href.substr(0,document.location.href.lastIndexOf('/'))+"/callback.html";

The way the javascript works is that the plugin loads the callback.html off your page to do a parent.parent.insert_text(...) call to insert the code into the reply box. Kinda tricky doing cross domain javascript.

As for the button being pushed too far down, this is related to the height of the thumbnail that is uploaded. I'll look into trying to fix the css for that.

wraaa

Post by wraaa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:49 pm

jmjm003 wrote:I replaced

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_SHOW_UPLOAD_BOX -->
With this

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_SHOW_ATTACH_BOX -->
In posting_editor and posting_layout.html . It's a quick fix at the moment for the tinypic upload box not showing on edits to replies.
Guess I could have just moved the include code within the IF Attach box code that was already there.

As I understand it. <!-- IF S_SHOW_UPLOAD_BOX --> is not being shown as set to true to display the box on edits to replies. As long as I have attachments enabled the box shows with the changes I made.

Maybe someone else will have a better solution. For me it's not much of an issue with my changes as I have no plans to disable attachments.

This is probably related to a bad install and doing what madshark listed as the edits would work. You're missing the variables in posting.php which is causing it not to show up there.

kingmony

Post by kingmony » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:33 pm

how can i use this mod on per-forum basis ?

wraaa

Post by wraaa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:30 pm

kingmony wrote:how can i use this mod on per-forum basis ?
The mod is currently not setup to be forum specific.

lollos

Post by lollos » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:06 pm

And sub-silver based styles?
How to do that? :?

yais

Post by yais » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Would it be possible to make it a bit more subtle...without having to load the whole tinypic page.

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

I also cant figure out how to do it with subsilver

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”