User Blog Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

User Blog Mod

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: User Blog Mod
Author: EXreaction
Modification description: Adds Blogs for each user to your phpBB3 forums.

The User Blog Mod does not support PHP versions less than 5.1.0.
  • Categories can be made with unlimited subcategories and branching.
  • Each user has their own page to which they may post new blogs to.
  • Comments can be made to blogs.
  • Soft Delete - Blogs and Replies, when deleted, are first soft deleted. Administrators have a permission setting to allow them to permanently hard delete blogs and replies.
  • Separated Templates. Allows you to very easily create or install separate templates for the User Blog Mod and allow users to select which templates they want shown for their blog. This uses the board default style for things like posting, so only 1 template needs to be built in order to allow users to pick it for their own template. You can see this on my blog here (currently I have the Blogger Clone as my blog template).
  • SEO Url's - If you have Mod Rewrite enabled on your server you can use the SEO Url's which change an ugly URL like the following:
    http://localhost/blog.php?u=2&b=1
    To something nicer, like:
    http://localhost/blog/EXreaction/welcom ... d_b-1.html

Or something like:
    http://localhost/blog.php?u=2
    To:
    http://localhost/blog/EXreaction/
  • Users may rate blogs.
  • User Permissions - Users can set permissions for other users on a global or per blog basis, letting them decide if they want the users to not see the blog, be able to see and read the blog, or be able to see, view, and reply to the blog. Users can set options for 4 "groups", Guests, Friends, Foes, and everyone else (Administrators and Moderators are not affected by user set permissions, and any permissions set by administrators in the ACP override any settings set by users).
  • Plugins System - Allows you to not only easily expand the features of the User Blog Mod by installing user made plugins, but it also makes it very easy to make your own custom plugins which add features for your own board without having to edit the core files every time you upgrade. Installing plugins is usually very simple, and can usually be done by just uploading some files to your phpBB3 forum and clicking the Install button in the User Blog Plugins ACP module. A screenshot of the Plugins ACP module is attached to this post (the exact look of the page is subject to change).
  • Subscriptions - Users can subscribe to receive updates via PM or Email when a new reply is posted to a blog or a new blog is posted by a user.
  • Feeds - RSS/ATOM/Javascript output feeds
  • Search System - Users can search for text within blogs and blog replies (it is separate from the phpBB3 search system however).
  • Attachments - An attachments system exactly like the one included with phpBB3.
  • Polls - The same as polls for phpBB3.
  • Per user/group permissions - Integrates with the phpBB3 permissions system and allows a lot of control over what users can and can not do.
  • Upgrade system - Allows you to upgrade from existing Blog Systems. It currently only supports The Blog Mod 0.2.4b (phpBB2).
Report bugs and issues to the tracker.

The subversion repository is located at Google Code

Make sure to read the Author's notes section AND the FAQ before installation.
Modification version: 1.0.13
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.7-pl1

Download file: User Blog Mod 1.0.13.zip
File size: 883.63 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 18 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

User Blog Mod

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
This MOD requires at least PHP 5.1
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

User Blog Mod

Post by EXreaction »

Support by the author is only provided at http://www.lithiumstudios.org
A small fee is required for support by the author unless otherwise specified by the author in the release topic.
Bug reports are accepted and, if confirmed as a bug, you will receive support for fixing the bug for free by the mod author.
th23

Re: User Blog Mod

Post by th23 »

Nice MOD :)
EXreaction wrote:A small fee is required for support by the author...
Häh? :? I thought providing a sort of support over here is a prerequisite for the listing in the MOD DB?
Life is what happens...while you're busy making other plans!
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Congratlations EXreaction for validation and thanks for this nice mod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
alienbabeltech

Post by alienbabeltech »

th23 wrote:
EXreaction wrote:A small fee is required for support by the author...
Häh? :? I thought providing a sort of support over here is a prerequisite for the listing in the MOD DB?
exactly, wth ?

anyways, any demo board ?
This is the best and most helpful community I have been on. You are some of the best people I have met. GOD Bless You ALL !
My Forum - http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Wow, I'm regretting installing this. Caused problems on my board, and THEN I discovered that this mod wasn't to be supported.

My recommendation - don't install this mod.
alienbabeltech

Post by alienbabeltech »

Friendly wrote:Wow, I'm regretting installing this. Caused problems on my board, and THEN I discovered that this mod wasn't to be supported.

thanks for posting
This is the best and most helpful community I have been on. You are some of the best people I have met. GOD Bless You ALL !
My Forum - http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Well, after a lot of headaches (about 4 hours worth), I managed to get it working. But, for some reason the links don't show up on my board style.

The code in overall_header looks like this:

Code: Select all

<a href="{blog_links.URL}">{blog_links.TEXT}</a>
But the html just looks like this:

<a href=""></a>
So for some reason the blog_links.URL and blog_links.TEXT don't show up. I checked on prosilver, and they show up in that style. I have made sure that all the prosilver files were copied over to the folder for my style (it's a prosilver based style), but it just doesn't want to work for some reason.
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

Friendly wrote:Well, after a lot of headaches (about 4 hours worth), I managed to get it working. But, for some reason the links don't show up on my board style.

The code in overall_header looks like this:

<a href="{blog_links.URL}">{blog_links.TEXT}</a>
But the html just looks like this:

<a href=""></a>
So for some reason the blog_links.URL and blog_links.TEXT don't show up. I checked on prosilver, and they show up in that style. I have made sure that all the prosilver files were copied over to the folder for my style (it's a prosilver based style), but it just doesn't want to work for some reason.
Friendly wrote:Wow, I'm regretting installing this. Caused problems on my board, and THEN I discovered that this mod wasn't to be supported.

WTH !!!.. ive been using this mod for months now on my board its updating and working without any problem ever since
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

As I said, I got it going eventually, except for one problem.

As much as I disagree with the idea of paying for support for an open-source application, I went to the forum and paid for it. The developer gave me assistance, and managed to diagnose the problem within about 15 minutes, so if you are going to pay, it's not the worst thing.
austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

Post by austin881 »

IGNORE
Last edited by austin881 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Ummm...phpBB itself is still free so I don't know what you're talking about. MOD authors aren't even required to provide support for the mods they create and the same can be said about all other forum software. I don't see how the support decisions of ONE (or even a handfull) mod author affects the rest of the phpBB community :roll:

And you're not actually paying for the MOD so the "opensource" spirit of things here is still intact. You're paying for someone to help you should YOU screw something up.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
updown

Post by updown »

- deleted -
Last edited by updown on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

I'll say it again - the support I received was worth the money. I still feel it goes against the spirit of open source, but it was worth the money, and it was only a small amount anyways. No big deal to me, though it could be to someone who is from a country where the money holds less value.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”