Location on registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: Location on registration

Post by DavidIQ »

You're missing an edit in exactly that area. Please go back to the install.xml file and check the very first edit you were to make to that file and you'll find what you're missing.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

JohninLA wrote:Where in the template file do I add this?

Thanks!
Open up your styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html file and find this (code added by this MOD):

Code: Select all

<dl>
		<dt><label for="tz">{L_LOCATION}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
	</dl>
Just add the asterisk (*) to just before {L_LOCATION} and refresh your template.

syclone

Post by syclone »

DavidIQ wrote:You're missing an edit in exactly that area. Please go back to the install.xml file and check the very first edit you were to make to that file and you'll find what you're missing.
Thanks a million, don't understand how i could miss that doh!!! Must have been in my edit program that i forgot to save before upload. :oops: :oops:
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post / Eric Hjelte

syclone

Post by syclone »

DavidIQ wrote:

Thanks!
Open up your styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html file and find this (code added by this MOD):

<dl>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
	</dl>
Just add the asterisk (*) to just before {L_LOCATION} and refresh your template.
Asterisk before the first or second {L_LOCATION} ?
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post / Eric Hjelte

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Look again...there's only one of them there ;)

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge »

Hi DavidIQ,

Love this handy modification, easy install and working perfect :)

Just a small style remark, i've changed this add a bit so the textbox is the same size as the others in the registration form.

<dl>
	</dl>
changed to:

<dl>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
	</dl>

syclone

Post by syclone »

DavidIQ wrote:Look again...there's only one of them there ;)
Doh!!!! :roll: :roll: I'm just an idiot ;) but in my defens......it was 11.54PM last night i posted.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Fridge wrote:Hi DavidIQ,

Love this handy modification, easy install and working perfect :)

Just a small style remark, i've changed this add a bit so the textbox is the same size as the others in the registration form.

<dl>
	</dl>
changed to:

<dl>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
	</dl>
I thought about that. If I ever have a reason to resubmit this I'll make that change. Thanks :)
syclone wrote:Doh!!!! :roll: :roll: I'm just an idiot ;) but in my defens......it was 11.54PM last night i posted.
:lol: It's ok...happens to all of us.

JohninLA

Post by JohninLA »

DavidIQ wrote:

Thanks!

<dl>
	</dl>
Thank you for this info. I knew it would be in the template file, but I tried adding it in the name="location" field, which didn't work. I appreciate the help.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Just change this:

{L_LOCATION}
to this:

*{L_LOCATION}

outerphilly

Post by outerphilly »

I just installed this MOD and it works great!! Thank you very much for posting this!!

PaulW

Custom Profile Approach

Post by PaulW »

Instead of making the change to .../template/ucp_register.html as suggested, I took the custom profile field approach. [All changes to the .php files were made as per the mod.] That way I didn't need to make the same change to all the templates I am using. As a result, the location is stored in profile_fields_data.pf_location. Since I already had locations stored in the standard location field in the Control Panel, I needed to copy the location data from users.user_from to profile_fields_data.pf_location. Here's two SQL queires that I used in phpMyAdmin (Obviously, run query 1 before query 2):

Query 1. Copy the field contents:

UPDATE `users` INNER JOIN `profile_fields_data` ON `users`.`user_id` = `profile_fields_data`.`user_id` SET `profile_fields_data`.`pf_location` = `users`.`user_from`;
Query 2. Delete the contents from user.usr_from:

UPDATE `users` SET `users`.`user_from` = NULL;
Note: If you called your custom profile field something other than location, such as 'customlocation', the profile field references above will be 'pf_customlocation' (or pf_whateveryounamedit).

I then wanted to remove the default Location field from the Control Panel, so I ended up editing the templates after all. Searched for something that looks like:

<dl>
		<dt><label for="location">{L_LOCATION}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox" /></dd>
	</dl>
and comment it out, like so:

<!-- Remove Location from template when installing "Location on Registration" MOD	
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="location">{L_LOCATION}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="location" id="location" maxlength="255" value="{LOCATION}" class="inputbox" /></dd>
	</dl>
-->
The mod works great! Thanks to DavidIQ for his hard work.

zackpack

Post by zackpack »

hi!
i've installed this mod and it's working fine,but i want to put a * in the registration form near "location", so users knows what is required.
thanks

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

If you take the "custom field" approach I outlined above, you can set the field to "Required", which will add the asterisk (*). You can also add instructional text to include along with the prompt.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

DavidIQ wrote:Open up your styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html file and find this (code added by this MOD):

<dl>
	</dl>

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”