New topics need approval

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Doctor Love

Re: New topics need approval

Post by Doctor Love »

What do I need to do to make it logical and "YES" ?
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

scottymeuk

Post by scottymeuk »

Can you add a feature that notifies the admins that there is a topic that needs approved.
http://hostmeh.com - Cheap cPanel Web Hosting
http://gamerjuice.co.uk - Latest Gaming News

scottymeuk

Post by scottymeuk »

Can you add a feature that notifies the admins that there is a topic that needs approved.
http://hostmeh.com - Cheap cPanel Web Hosting
http://gamerjuice.co.uk - Latest Gaming News

mtrs

Post by mtrs »

scottymeuk wrote:Can you add a feature that notifies the admins that there is a topic that needs approved.
This mod is just simple and only for topic approval permission.

I recommend another mod Moderator Needed for that pupose, but it just shows posts to be approved instead of notifying.
I abandoned all of my mods.

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator »

Hi!
On my board, I have a forum I would like to make it where I have to approve a topic before it is posted. Was curious how to do this? Thanks!

surina777

Post by surina777 »

hi i installed this mod today and it works perfectly but when i try to delete a post that requires approval i get this error and the post stays there (but when u click it, it says it doesnt exist) deleting a post that does not require approval is fine:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

[0]

SQL

No values specified for SQL IN comparison

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 379
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_autogroup.php
LINE: 49
CALL: dbal->sql_in_set()

FILE: includes/functions_admin.php
LINE: 743
CALL: auto_group()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1328
CALL: delete_posts()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1386
CALL: delete_post()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 271
CALL: handle_post_delete()

here is my forum: cfbmw.org

let me know if you need me to post any files

mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Those errors are not related to this mod. It only edits posting.php around line 1009 and includes/functions_posting.php around line 1631. Your errors are at different lines.

Also, I installed this mod at localhost again and deleted an unapproved post successfully.
I couldn't reproduce your error.

surina777

Post by surina777 »

mtrs wrote:Those errors are not related to this mod. It only edits posting.php around line 1009 and includes/functions_posting.php around line 1631. Your errors are at different lines.

Also, I installed this mod at localhost again and deleted an unapproved post successfully.
I couldn't reproduce your error.
ok thanks, at least i eliminated one possible issue...i will continue looking into it

j-t

Post by j-t »

Have installed your mod but I cannot find the option to only require approval on creating a topic in 1.0.1, not for every post like it is defaul in 3.0.4?
On this page http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1221495 there is a picture showing this choice
Can start new topics with approval
Was this function removed in the 1.0.1 version?

Regards Johan

mtrs

Post by mtrs »

j-t wrote:Have installed your mod but I cannot find the option to only require approval on creating a topic
You should go to permissions page, you'll find the new topic approval permission there, then set it to YES
ACP -> Forum Permissions

The only difference between 1.0.0 - 1.0.1 is the permission install script addition after denial to MODDB.

j-t

Post by j-t »

mtrs wrote:
j-t wrote:Have installed your mod but I cannot find the option to only require approval on creating a topic
You should go to permissions page, you'll find the new topic approval permission there, then set it to YES
ACP -> Forum Permissions

The only difference between 1.0.0 - 1.0.1 is the permission install script addition after denial to MODDB.
Ok, mental note to self... do not install mods in the middle of the night, I forgot to run the install_ntna.php last night ;) and after that its all fine and dandy :D
Many thanks...

King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing »

I haven`t installed this mod, but since theres a lot of talk about auto-approve topics, I`ll try my question here:

I have a plugin on my Joomla-site which starts a new thread in the forum (a comment-thread) everytime I add a new article. It works great, but all the new threads made must be approved before anyone can see them. It is my user (admin) which is used to post these threads, therefore I cannot understand why it has to be approved. Are there some files I can change in order to force an auto-approve feature?? :)

mathken330

Post by mathken330 »

Just a helpful hint:
If you are setting the Default option to 'NO', then maybe you should look rewrite the permission name 'Can start new topics with approval' to what you have in the mod title: 'New Topics Need Approval'. Doing this should help all people with this reversed option. By setting this 'New Topics Need Approval' to No, then it would be turned off, and most people would understand this mod option better. ;) :)

However, if you wanted to keep the name suited to match the other options, i can understand that. ;)
To suit the other options, maybe consider: 'Can start new topics, but need approval' or 'Will need approval to start new topics'.

Maybe you should ask the support team as to how to set 'Yes' as default. Maybe you need to run a SQL query to do this. :D
--
Kenneth Tran

mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Thanks for the suggestions.
mathken330 wrote:Maybe you should ask the support team as to how to set 'Yes' as default. Maybe you need to run a SQL query to do this. :D
At the time of I wrote this mod, I didn't know how to set permissions for roles and groups, but, that is easy now, thanks to UMIL. If I update this mod I will consider your suggestions.

billie.skeggs

Post by billie.skeggs »

have installed this mod and cannot get it to work :(

with both yes/no settings approvle dosnt occour..

i have auto groups set so new users have to have 25 posts before being allowed to post in the trade area..

tho they can post with permissions set to yes...

if Can post without approval is set to no.. then all there replys are put on the moderation que as well.. which again seems to defeat the object of this mod as i only require the first post to be placed on the moderation que ???

any ideas.. cheerz

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”