Ban email/IP on User Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Ban email/IP on User Delete
Author: lefty74
Modification description: Enables the admin to ban the email or ip at the same time when the user is deleted.

NOTE by author: If you consider installing this mod, I would recommend to have a look at my Admin Easy User Delete mod which is caters for a more recent phpbb3 version.
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.4

Download file: ban_email_ip_on_user_delete100.zip
File size: 30.65 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Please note that this mod does not add extra options/screens or anything. It just enables you to do two actions at the same time that were not possible before.

Here is a video which hopefully helps displaying what the mod does:
video

BEFORE the mod installation:
If you did the same before the mod is installed, only the user would be deleted, no ban action would be performed, even if selected.

AFTER the mod installation:
you can now delete the user and action a ban on the email or the IP of the (to be) deleted user. Both actions (ban and delete) will be performed.
Last edited by lefty74 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Linxus

Re: Ban email/IP on User Delete

Post by Linxus »

Nice mod, i will def. use this if i get users that need banned frequently. Haven't had any yet.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

:) cheers, i found this useful as we are still getting these wow spammers once in a while.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Alxor

Post by Alxor »

Hmm I never had anyone come back after a ban or I dont think I have had any but this mod should solve that problem right? I have had a couple member sign up spamming forget what it was able I just ban them once I see them spamming the site :)
SC2Nation.com - StarCraft 2 Forum
Tinycolin

Post by Tinycolin »

Nice mod thank you and very easy to add :D
JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

Does this ban email AND ip or only one of both?
Is this mod optionally in the ACP or will it automatically ban email and/or ip when i delete a user?

Your screenshots dont work for me.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

well, the screenshots work, i am just looking at them...

when you delete a user, you can include to ban the email or ip, not both, plus you dont have to ban either. up to you
lefty74
Linxus

Post by Linxus »

Alxor wrote:Hmm I never had anyone come back after a ban or I dont think I have had any but this mod should solve that problem right? I have had a couple member sign up spamming forget what it was able I just ban them once I see them spamming the site :)
Yea it solves the problem, because when they come back to the site it wont let them access anything because it will say they are ip banned. I know of many occasions where members made over 15 accounts to spam. If anything remotely close to this happens to me, i will def. install.
billstur

Post by billstur »

Thanks for this mod. I've got three forums and have to delete several spammers everyday. I deleted four on one forum yesterday morning. Most of them are coming from China.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

billstur wrote:Thanks for this mod. I've got three forums and have to delete several spammers everyday. I deleted four on one forum yesterday morning. Most of them are coming from China.
i know the feeling :?
lefty74
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

Nothing new shows up under "Basic tools" after I install this. I cleared the cache too.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

did you see this?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8067115

nothing new is supposed to be showing up, however, before you could not ban an email/ip at the same time you deleted a user, it would only delete the user, even if you selected to ban the email or ip.
lefty74
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

That's what I'm saying, I don't see what's in those screenshots.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”