th23 CMS (content management system)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
strawdog

Re: th23 CMS (content management system)

Post by strawdog » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 am

Installed, and it works great.

This is a fantastic mod, and very easy to install. I am using a non subsilver template and it was no issue getting this up and running.

One question... is there a simple way I could allow code in the articles? For example, create an article with an iframe and have it display something? Is that a phpbb or th23 setting?

Thanks for a fantastic mod. Just what I needed.

th23

Post by th23 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

strawdog wrote:One question... is there a simple way I could allow code in the articles? For example, create an article with an iframe and have it display something? Is that a phpbb or th23 setting?
This is a combined thinggy - phpBB does not allow HTML / PHP code in postings by default and my MOD does use the phpBB message parser so that this limitation comes into effect.

Thanks for the comment :)
Life is what happens...while you're busy making other plans!

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

Post by Typo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the terrific mod.

I combined this with the Blank Template MOD and found them to be a perfect match. I noticed just now that I am not the only one that combined the two to create an articles setion.

For those looking for a demo click here and have a look at the articles section in the site I am working on.

One problem I'm having tho is that when I tick the 'include calander' and 'include tags' settings it doesnt affect the articles. Every article is displayed with all three enabled and the odd thing is that there was a time when one article was first created that it did just show the two that I asked for so I know that it can work. This is the same for the 'Show title of the article as HTML page title' option. It only works on the main article page, every sub article page is titleless. I'm wondering why it seems like all the options arent really working.

Even with those errors I love the mod. I've decided I like all three (tag, calander and catagories) displayed anyway so those not disabling no longer bothers me but I would like the page titles to work properly.

Thanks.

Nathan Brittles

Post by Nathan Brittles » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 am

What more does a programmer want to hear other then : It WORKS !

But there is a little tiny thingy, that I wasn't able to figure out : is it possible to set permissions on pages ? I want some pages only be accessible for members of specific groups.

Anyway : good job. This mod cured me from moving to other projects !

th23

Post by th23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Nathan Brittles wrote:...is it possible to set permissions on pages ? I want some pages only be accessible for members of specific groups.
You're welcome ;-)

This is currently not possible, but already on my list for a future release. But - just to manage expectations - this release might be some time well into the future, as I have some important stuff on the hand to be done in "real life" :)

Nathan Brittles

Post by Nathan Brittles » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:05 pm

th23 wrote:
Nathan Brittles wrote:...is it possible to set permissions on pages ? I want some pages only be accessible for members of specific groups.
You're welcome ;-)

This is currently not possible, but already on my list for a future release. But - just to manage expectations - this release might be some time well into the future, as I have some important stuff on the hand to be done in "real life" :)
You need a hand ?

mukkin

Post by mukkin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm

I looked thorugh all posts, but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.

I did follow your instructions and did install your mod on my forum. BTW, i did it twice but i get the same error.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deregister_globals() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/phpBB3/install/index.php:37) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 94
Please help

th23

Post by th23 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:19 am

mukkin wrote:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deregister_globals() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/phpBB3/install/index.php:37) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 94
Well, that sounds not like something realted to this MOD...it looks more like there is still your "install" folder present in the root directory, which should not be. After installation you are asked by the phpBB installer to rename or (better) remove the install folder.

Hope this helps to solve the issue :)

mukkin

Post by mukkin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Yea you are right XD. But i didn't change anything in those .php files. I had to download the complety phpbb files again and it did work xD :D

th23

Post by th23 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:49 am

Okay - however, main thing is: It works for you :)

eslunite

Post by eslunite » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:20 pm

I am sorry

where are the install instructions ?

Thanks

th23

Post by th23 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 pm

eslunite wrote:where are the install instructions ?
Included in the downloadale package...

canadianlatitude

Post by canadianlatitude » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Any clue to of what I may of did wrong? When it is on the forums vanish but when I shut it off, the forums re appear. As well when it is on and I hit submit score from arcade it goes to the index...

I thought I followed each step accurately but maybe not.

foxforcefive

Post by foxforcefive » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 am

I'm having an issue with the install...hopefully someone can help. I have checked each of the steps, and everything was inserted correctly, with the exception of the last addition into the stylesheet.css. I am using the RedSilver theme, and the line wasn't in the .css file that this theme uses, so I added the entry at the end of the file.

I am on step 7 in the DIY instructions. I do not see the acp_th23_cms entry to add it, and I also am getting errors at the top of my page now:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3761: page_header(./includes/th23_cms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3761: page_header(./includes/th23_cms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3761: page_header(): Failed opening './includes/th23_cms.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)

I have specifically checked the functions.php file to make sure my entry is correct according to the instructions. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Blake

danswano

Post by danswano » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 pm

When i publish a new post on my cms or blog i've created, can someone reply or there is no comments system ?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”