th23 CMS (content management system)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
master2004134

Re: th23 CMS (content management system)

Post by master2004134 »

Okay...when I try to add an article, the url bbcode doesn't seem to work...

Edit: It does work...but how do I make a link to the index page (forum index) without having to use the full URL of the website? If I do that, it seems to kick me off so I have to log in again...only to be caught in a loop.
djdurant

Post by djdurant »

On the category list view how can I remove the tags/categories/calendar boxes on the right?
Arslan23

Post by Arslan23 »

I am trying to install this and everything seems to be in order. I followed everything word by word..

But there is still some problem with function.php edits. When ever I upload the edited file, the ACP goes blank.. it does not let me do anything.. its just a blank page, but as soon as I upload the original version, it shows back up. What is going on? Any ideas? :|
ebuzz

Post by ebuzz »

how to use CMS

step by step plis

newbie :D
th23

Post by th23 »

canadianlatitude wrote:Any clue to of what I may of did wrong? When it is on the forums vanish but when I shut it off, the forums re appear. As well when it is on and I hit submit score from arcade it goes to the index...
No clue about the "arcade" part, but you might wanna switch off the default article for "index.php" to make the articles just appear when they are called.
Life is what happens...while you're busy making other plans!
th23

Post by th23 »

danswano wrote:When i publish a new post on my cms or blog i've created, can someone reply or there is no comments system ?
No comments feature implemented as of now...however, it's on the long list for future features.
th23

Post by th23 »

master2004134 wrote:...but how do I make a link to the index page (forum index) without having to use the full URL of the website?
You might wanna switch off the default article for index.php or use "?cms=off" as parameter with you index.php page. Inserting local links however needs to be done in the phpBB core...maybe using user defined BBCodes. The BBCodes you can use in the CMS are the same ones as in the core phpBB.
th23

Post by th23 »

djdurant wrote:On the category list view how can I remove the tags/categories/calendar boxes on the right?
No option to do so, for now - sorry!
th23

Post by th23 »

Arslan23 wrote:But there is still some problem with function.php edits. When ever I upload the edited file, the ACP goes blank.. it does not let me do anything.. its just a blank page, but as soon as I upload the original version, it shows back up. What is going on? Any ideas? :|
No, sorry - try to edit line by line and try it every line you edited to determine what line causes the trouble and let me know here which line it is, please...
th23

Post by th23 »

ebuzz wrote:how to use CMS
Install it (see instructions in the package), go to the ACP (as told in the instructions), use it (as stated in the instructions and the explanations included in the ACP pages added by the MOD). Any questions?
djdurant

Post by djdurant »

th23 wrote:
djdurant wrote:On the category list view how can I remove the tags/categories/calendar boxes on the right?
No option to do so, for now - sorry!
What edits can I do to stop this from showing?
th23

Post by th23 »

djdurant wrote:...
What edits can I do to stop this from showing?
You can edit the template file - but this disables it all together, the options per article won't have any effect anymore :!:
Arslan23

Post by Arslan23 »

th23 wrote:
Arslan23 wrote:But there is still some problem with function.php edits. When ever I upload the edited file, the ACP goes blank.. it does not let me do anything.. its just a blank page, but as soon as I upload the original version, it shows back up. What is going on? Any ideas? :|
No, sorry - try to edit line by line and try it every line you edited to determine what line causes the trouble and let me know here which line it is, please...
Sure, I'll start over again and try it line by line. I have installed other mods too, and didn't really get this problem, but maybe I guess I just mixed up something of forgot to upload the changes. I'll try again and let you know, thank you.
Arslan23

Post by Arslan23 »

Hey, its me.. again. Okay I installed the script again from ground up.. I am 100% sure I followed your instructions.. Everything looks good, except... the "Pages" menu page under .MODS > th23 CMS > ....

When I click on it, it is just blank white page. There is no ACP or anything. It just gives me blank page. I have no idea where I messed up... I mean everything else is perfect and fine. Only that one.. is giving me problem. Let me know if you have any suggestions on where I might have gone wrong..

Thanks, great script by the way. I hope I can really make a lot of use of it.

.... Sorry one more thing, I just tried to add an article.. and it is giving me an error... here it is:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_th23_cms.php on line 1222: shuffle() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_th23_cms.php on line 1223: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
So I have no idea what that is, as I am not an expert in PHP at all. :|

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEVER MIND! I got it working. I just looked back on this forum for similar problems and you have told people how to fix it and I followed the instructions and plugged in your fixes and now it works perfectly. Thank you !

KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!
Arslan23

Post by Arslan23 »

Okay, I feel REALLY stupid right now asking this, but can you please explain the full functionality of this?

I mean I know you are able to create own pages and such.. but I just installed it and the board looks just the same... where exactly do I go to see those "articles" or.. "pages" or what ever?

And also, if I have a layout (my own .. aside from the forum template or what ever) .... can I implement the forum features in that layout using th23 CMS ? Can I maybe take a piece of the forum and add it in my layout page so.. all you see is maybe a thread .. in my layout rather then me having to try and change the whole entire template to make it more suitable for my layout or something?

And also, is it possible to just take a category out and use it in a separate page altogether? As if it was being used in the forum.. exact same features and stuff.

So yeah, can you please explain to me how exactly to make full use of this and how exactly to make it work and what do i have to do to see those pages or articles and thats about it. I am sorry but this is actually my first time trying to use anything like PHP or phpBB and the mods and stuff.

** Yeah, I think something is wrong, that is why I can not see how this really works.. I don't see any changes AT ALL in my forum. Even though the script seems to be working flawlessly, I cannot see the articles or the pages that I am suppose to be seeing. **

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”