Popup Layer on New PMs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Thoul

Re: Popup Layer on New PMs

Post by Thoul »

I also had a problem with the Close Window link being non-functional. In my case, it turned out to be a conflict between this mod's opacity.js and the Mootools Javascript library. Both have a function named setOpacity. If you're using any other Javascripts, you might want to see if they have a setOpacity function. I fixed my problem by renaming the function in opacity.js and the references to it in overall_header and overall_footer.
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

I installed this mod with automod, and with prosilver it took over the entire screen it wasnt a popup. I went to uninstall it and automod again said everthing was fine. However, now whenever a user has a new PM the thing still appears but it doesnt say anything, just "close window".

I have followed the install.xml file backwards manually to uninstall everything. And everything added by the files is removed and the added files are deleted. However, I still see the image attached!

Help me please!
Attachments
popup.JPG
popup.JPG (40.87 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

Is this topic dead?
OlegNT

Post by OlegNT »

I don't know why it happens. I have checked the installation and work in main browsers — it's OK.
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

I dont understand. I've installed manually and uninstalled manually. I've reinstalled with automod and uninstalled with automod. What do I do now completely reinstall theboard?
OlegNT

Post by OlegNT »

It's necessary to analyze your concrete case why the popup doesn't display correctly. I can't give you general advices.
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

If I follwed your instructions in complete reverse and fully, and deleted both files I should have removed ALL traces of what your MOD did, so I dont really understand if I did that why I am still having this problem.
tEnd

Post by tEnd »

New PMs popup is displayed only once. When the user moves to next page, it disappears.
New PMs popup is displayed after a user logged in. And the user moves to next page automatically 3 seconds later.
The user may not notice it. Or, the user may move before finishing reading it.

New PMs popup is not displayed after a user logged in.
OPEN

Code: Select all

includes/functions.php
FIND

if (!$user->data['user_last_privmsg'] || $user->data['user_last_privmsg'] > $user->data['session_last_visit'])
REPLACE WITH

if (!$user->data['user_last_privmsg'] || $user->data['user_last_privmsg'] > $user->data['session_last_visit'] && !defined('IN_LOGIN'))
Sorry, my English is poor.
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

Since I installed the new Safari beta, it seems to have stopped working even though I have pop up block turned off

EDIT:

Now working SUDDENLY

Don’t know why it stopped but it seems ok now
Last edited by DragonMaster1 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

what can I do?!
OlegNT

Post by OlegNT »

Diego898, do you use ICQ or Jabber? We could solve this problem together via instant messaging service.
Diego898

Post by Diego898 »

I use AIM. I will PM you my aim screen name
scobb77

Post by scobb77 »

Forsetti wrote:Hi,

I just tried this mod and it's working BUT, the box in not centered. Look:
aaaaaa.gif

Is it normal? I would like to see that box centered! I double check the mod install it seem ok.
Just wondering if anyone had a fix for this problem as my install (coffee time style) is doing the same.

Also, the PM notification is only staying visable for about 5 seconds. If you don't click on anything in the box in the 5 seconds, you go right to the main index page and the PM Notification disappears. I don't mind it doing that but would like it to last longer than 5 seconds. Say maybe 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks for the help.
princexxx

Post by princexxx »

superj707 wrote:
princexxx wrote:This Mod Works But the Only thing is Whenever i Upload the Overall_header.html My Forum background Disappears and Shown White But when i click in it and Click show Image on Browser it shows that Image.......
Can any Body helps me...!

I am having the exact same problem.

2 minute install.. pft.. 45 minutes wasted !
Can anybody help us?????
aot

Post by aot »

Hi, works fine. But don't like the layout. For changing the colors and font I have to edit this part (I think):

#pm-popup {
	position: fixed;
	left: 50%;
	top: 50%;
	z-index: 2;
	width: 400px;
	text-align: center;
	margin-left: -200px;
	margin-top: -100px;
	border: 1px solid #d7e0e4;
	padding: 10px;