NV recent topics

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Flaunt319

Re: NV recent topics

Post by Flaunt319 »

Great, thanks for your quick response :)
Flaunt319

Post by Flaunt319 »

ChriZathens wrote:In your /prosilver/template/index_body.html
move

Code: Select all

<!-- IF RECENT_TOPICS_DISPLAY --><!-- INCLUDE recent_topics_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
wherever you like it to be..
eg: I have it after

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->
P.S.: Don't forget to purge your cache afterwards...
Just tried it and that works fine for either having before the forums start or at the bottom after they finish. I was kinda hoping I might be able to place it in between certain forums but I'm thinking that might not be possible.

Not to worry, I prefer it at the bottom so thanks for the tip. If anyone does happen to know how to do what I mean then cool, but no worries ;)
The FlyerFly

Post by The FlyerFly »

madmartyau wrote:Open styles/prosilver/template/recent_topics_body.html
FIND

<dt>{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</dt>
REPLACE WITH

<dt><a name="recenttopics">{L_RECENT_TOPICS}</a></dt>
Open includes/functions_recenttopics.php
FIND

$page_string .= ($i == $on_page) ? '<strong>' . $i . '</strong>' : '<a href="' . $base_url . "{$url_delim}{$start_item_name}=" . (($i - 1) * $per_page) . '">' . $i . '</a>';
INLINE FIND

">' . $i . '</a>';
ADD BEFORE

#recenttopics
I haven't tested this but it should work.
i am actually using acidtech (based on subsilver2), so i did what i thought i should to make it work in my recent_topics_body.html file. i simply placed the anchor tags at the top of that file with "nbsp;" between them. all the edits for functions_recenttopics.php were exact. however, the page still isnt scrolling to the location of the anchor tag. any ideas?
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

Did you purge your cache?
Call me Grumpy.
The FlyerFly

Post by The FlyerFly »

madmartyau wrote:Did you purge your cache?
yep. just did it a second time to be absolutely sure. no change.
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

Ok I've done a test with this and you need to add the #recenttopics to a few places.
FIND

$page_string = ($on_page == 1) ? '<strong>1</strong>' : '<a href="' . $base_url . '">1</a>';
INLINE FIND

">1</a>';
ADD BEFORE

#recenttopics
The FIND that I posted up the page needs to be found twice. I'll repost it here to make it easier.
FIND

$page_string .= ($i == $on_page) ? '<strong>' . $i . '</strong>' : '<a href="' . $base_url . "{$url_delim}{$start_item_name}=" . (($i - 1) * $per_page) . '">' . $i . '</a>';
INLINE FIND

">' . $i . '</a>';
ADD BEFORE

#recenttopics
FIND

$page_string .= ($on_page == $total_pages) ? '<strong>' . $total_pages . '</strong>' : '<a href="' . $base_url . "{$url_delim}{$start_item_name}=" . (($total_pages - 1) * $per_page) . '">' . $total_pages . '</a>';
INLINE FIND

">' . $total_pages . '</a>';
ADD BEFORE

#recenttopics
So in total there are 4 edits to be done in includes/functions_recenttopics.php

And then of course the adding of <a name ="recenttopics" </a> to your template file.

I've just tested it this time and it works.
Call me Grumpy.
The FlyerFly

Post by The FlyerFly »

madmartyau wrote:So in total there are 4 edits to be done in includes/functions_recenttopics.php

And then of course the adding of <a name ="recenttopics" </a> to your template file.

AWESOME! it works perfectly! thanks for all your help marty!
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

The FlyerFly wrote:
madmartyau wrote:So in total there are 4 edits to be done in includes/functions_recenttopics.php

AWESOME! it works perfectly! thanks for all your help marty!
No problem.
Call me Grumpy.
apnaitaly

Post by apnaitaly »

welldone ,, Thanks for mod

can its possible that this mod can show me Last Post topic on index ,, ?
webguys

Post by webguys »

Hi,

First, I must say this is a very wonderful MOD and thanks for writing it. I'm sure it is very popular.

I do have a question though about it's capabilities.

Q1. Can the Parent Category Name be included on the Index page listing right alongside the Recent Topic Heading, Poster, Date and Time information?

Here is an example listing to illustrate what I would like to do with this MOD.
Currently the NV Recent Topics Index page listing shows this:

Google Map Listing For Admin's Location-------> (Topic Heading)
by admin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm-------> (Poster, Date & Time)
in General Discussions-------> (Forum Name)

But, can it include the Parent Category Name like this:

Google Map Listing For Admin's Location
by admin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm
[PARENT CATEGORY NAME HERE] in General Discussions

I have this Mod working and it works great. I have it listing recent topics on index, categories and forums.
However, my PHPBB Board has a lot of Categories that are basically the Parent for the underlying forums which hold the content. There are a bunch of them. All the Categories are listed on the Index page and the most important pages for visitors are Category Listings of the site because it separates the forums into Chapters like a book would do. Unfortunately, the Chapters of the book aren't listed with this MOD.

Here is the structure of the first two Categories/Forums on my Board. My categories are two deep before you ever reach a forum in which you can make a post in.

Root Index.php

----------Parent Category 1
---------------Parent Category 1b
_________________________Forum 1b.1 (forum where a visitor can post)

----------Parent Category 2
---------------Parent Category 2b
_________________________Forum 2b.1 (forum where a visitor can post)

Because the hosting Parent Category 1b, or Category 2b (the book's Chapter) for the Forum isn't listed inside the Recent Topics listing on the Index page, my visitors get lost visiting a chapter of a book that may not be of interest to them. There is no way to interpret what Category you may end up on by clicking on a Recent Topic HREF link on the Index page until you do it. So they may end up on the last Chapter of the book when they maybe wanted to go to Chapter 4, or Chapter 5, etc.....

Q2. So, am I missing a configuration setting or edit that may allow the Parent to be included like I illustrated above?
I looked at your code and evaluated the Database Tables and it looks like the important Parent information to query may be inside a different table which is not included in your database query in this Mod. Am I correct here? Or, is there an easy solution that I'm missing?

There is a very similar post here and I don't believe this gentleman's question was answered. He is trying to do a similar thing by clarifying where the Recent Topic is listed in his Category listings.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... t#p9567595
Part of his question was answered, but I don't really think he was fully understood when he posted his question, because it is really similar to my questions.

Q3. If this Mod cannot do what I'm asking, is there anybody that knows of another Mod out there that might include Parents?

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by webguys on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
nasadows

Post by nasadows »

can it work with other themes like mg_xmas ? I remember trying to add this mod when it was in dev a while ago and I got distorted tables
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

If you use subsilver2 files it should work.
No Support via PM
wired076

Post by wired076 »

I like this mod however I would like to install two copies of this mod on my board.

For the second installation of this mod I want to customise it so that it is only for a specificied forum and not for the entire board.

After this I would like to script a template for each post in this forum that specificies a pre title to what a user enters and provides a template with event details in the topic body to fill in the details of a specified event.

Could someone please help me to achieve this?
nasadows

Post by nasadows »

nickvergessen wrote:If you use subsilver2 files it should work.
right, thanks
wired076

Post by wired076 »

wired076 wrote:I like this mod however I would like to install two copies of this mod on my board.

For the second installation of this mod I want to customise it so that it is only for a specificied forum and not for the entire board.

After this I would like to script a template for each post in this forum that specificies a pre title to what a user enters and provides a template with event details in the topic body to fill in the details of a specified event.

Could someone please help me to achieve this?
BUMP! Could someone at least let me know whether two installs of this mod will work if the database table names are changed before creation?

I can then do the modification work myself for this site.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”