NV recent topics

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: NV recent topics

Post by nickvergessen »

this MOD does not have a database, and yes the last version was changed, so you can have multiple recent topics with different options on one page
No Support via PM
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

nickvergessen wrote:this MOD does not have a database, and yes the last version was changed, so you can have multiple recent topics with different options on one page
Also diffrent pages ?
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

of course, the only thing that is limited, it the setting in the ACP > Forums >

that is general
No Support via PM
Appelboom2

Post by Appelboom2 »

Thanks for another nice one NV.

I got this installed on my board. I use the SkyDark style (prosilver based)

When I turn on the mod I get my recent topics on a non aligned table (I uploaded an attachment)

How can I fix this?

You can visit my board via the link on my sig, if you want to see how it looks like when in normal mode.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this.
Attachments
11111.jpg
11111.jpg (35.71 KiB) Viewed 367 times
http://rideonboard.net/

OnBoard Videos from all over the world
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

styles/skydark/template/index_body.html
find:

Code: Select all

<div class="topic-actions" <!-- IF S_HAS_SUBFORUM -->style="margin-top: 2em;"<!-- ENDIF -->>

<div class="pagination">
<!-- IF RECENT_TOPICS_DISPLAY --><!-- INCLUDE recent_topics_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
replace with:

<!-- IF RECENT_TOPICS_DISPLAY --><!-- INCLUDE recent_topics_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
	<div class="topic-actions" <!-- IF S_HAS_SUBFORUM -->style="margin-top: 2em;"<!-- ENDIF -->>

<div class="pagination">
No Support via PM
Appelboom2

Post by Appelboom2 »

Unfortunately that didn't change anything.

This is as it stands now.

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

<p class="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> rightside<!-- ENDIF -->"><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ELSE -->{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- IF U_MCP --><p>{CURRENT_TIME} <br />[&nbsp;<a href="{U_MCP}">{L_MCP}</a>&nbsp;]</p><!-- ELSEIF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><p>{CURRENT_TIME}</p><!-- ENDIF -->

<div class="pagination">
	<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
		<a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> <!-- IF S_INC_UNREAD_LINK --><!-- IF S_EXISTS_UNREADS --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_VIEW_UNREADS}</a><!-- ELSE --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_NO_UNREADS}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- start mod view or mark unread posts (and end mod too) ... added unread references in the preceding line -->
<!-- ENDIF --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS -->
    &bull; <a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
		</div>

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH -->
		<div class="search-box">
            <form action="{U_SEARCH}" method="post" id="search">
			<fieldset>
                <input name="keywords" id="keywords" type="text" maxlength="128" title="{L_SEARCH_KEYWORDS}" class="inputbox search tiny" value="<!-- IF SEARCH_WORDS-->{SEARCH_WORDS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_SEARCH_MINI}<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="if(this.value=='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}')this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}';" />
                <input class="button2" value="{L_SEARCH}" type="submit" /><br />
			</fieldset>
			</form>
		</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

</div>

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT -->
	<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
	<h3><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a><!-- IF S_REGISTER_ENABLED -->&nbsp; &bull; &nbsp;<a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a><!-- ENDIF --></h3>
		<fieldset class="quick-login">
			<label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="text" name="username" id="username" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_USERNAME}" />  
			<label for="password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="password" name="password" id="password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" />
			<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED -->
				| <label for="autologin">{L_LOG_ME_IN} <input type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="autologin" /></label>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
		</fieldset>
	</form>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST -->
	<!-- IF U_VIEWONLINE --><h3><a href="{U_VIEWONLINE}">{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</a></h3><!-- ELSE --><h3>{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</h3><!-- ENDIF -->
	<p>{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE} ({L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN})<br />{RECORD_USERS}<br /> <br />{LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}
	<!-- IF LEGEND --><br /><em>{L_LEGEND}: {LEGEND}</em><!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST and BIRTHDAY_LIST -->
	<h3>{L_BIRTHDAYS}</h3>
	<p><!-- IF BIRTHDAY_LIST -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}: <strong>{BIRTHDAY_LIST}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF NEWEST_USER -->
	<h3>{L_STATISTICS}</h3>
	<p>{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; {TOTAL_USERS} &bull; {NEWEST_USER}</p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->

Appelboom2

Post by Appelboom2 »

Sorry forgot to purge the cache... :oops:

Thanks again for your mods, they really add to the board.

webguys

Post by webguys »

Bump.

It's been close to a month now. Is it better to write twitter style questions in this thread in order to get answers or input?

I wrote a detailed description and questions, but got zero input. Nothing. I tend to write detailed questions so that there are few doubts about what I'm asking. Likewise, I'm a member of numerous forums and when I give support input I am equally detailed so that people completely understand what to do.

I realize support here is voluntary, but even a little input would be good. Even if the answers are yes, no or maybe. Oh, and someone else has asked very similar questions to mine and they didn't get much input either. See my link.

Sure would appreciate some input after nearly 4 weeks has past.

Thanks.

webguys wrote:Hi,

First, I must say this is a very wonderful MOD and thanks for writing it. I'm sure it is very popular.

I do have a question though about it's capabilities.

Q1. Can the Parent Category Name be included on the Index page listing right alongside the Recent Topic Heading, Poster, Date and Time information?

Here is an example listing to illustrate what I would like to do with this MOD.
Currently the NV Recent Topics Index page listing shows this:

Google Map Listing For Admin's Location-------> (Topic Heading)
by admin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm-------> (Poster, Date & Time)
in General Discussions-------> (Forum Name)

But, can it include the Parent Category Name like this:

Google Map Listing For Admin's Location
by admin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm
[PARENT CATEGORY NAME HERE] in General Discussions

I have this Mod working and it works great. I have it listing recent topics on index, categories and forums.
However, my PHPBB Board has a lot of Categories that are basically the Parent for the underlying forums which hold the content. There are a bunch of them. All the Categories are listed on the Index page and the most important pages for visitors are Category Listings of the site because it separates the forums into Chapters like a book would do. Unfortunately, the Chapters of the book aren't listed with this MOD.

Here is the structure of the first two Category/Forums on my Board:

Category 1
___Forum 1.1
___Forum 1.2
___Forum 1.3

Category 2
___Forum 2.1
___Forum 2.2
___Forum 2.3

Because the hosting Parent Category 1, or Category 2 (the book's Chapter) for the Forum isn't listed inside the Recent Topics listing on the Index page, my visitors get lost visiting a chapter of a book that may not be of interest to them. There is no way to interpret what Category you may end up on by clicking on a Recent Topic HREF link on the Index page until you do it. So they may end up on the last Chapter of the book when they maybe wanted to go to Chapter 4, or Chapter 5, etc.....

Q2. So, am I missing a configuration setting or edit that may allow the Parent to be included like I illustrated above?
I looked at your code and evaluated the Database Tables and it looks like the important Parent information to query may be inside a different table which is not included in your database query in this Mod. Am I correct here? Or, is there an easy solution that I'm missing?

There is a very similar post here and I don't believe this gentleman's question was answered. He is trying to do a similar thing by clarifying where the Recent Topic is listed in his Category listings.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... t#p9567595
Part of his question was answered, but I don't really think he was fully understood when he posted his question, because it is really similar to my questions.

Q3. If this Mod cannot do what I'm asking, is there anybody that knows of another Mod out there that might include Parents?

Thanks for your input.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

nickvergessen wrote:this MOD does not have a database, and yes the last version was changed, so you can have multiple recent topics with different options on one page
I am currently running v1.0.0d on one of my websites that is currently undergoing a complete upgrade and tweak. Can I upgrade from this version to the latest version? If so could you please provide me with instructions on how to do this?

Otherwise if I need to uninstall and reinstall please provide me with the install.xml file for 1.0.0d so that I can uninstall it completely and install the latest version!

Thanks.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

wired076 wrote:
I am currently running v1.0.0d on one of my websites that is currently undergoing a complete upgrade and tweak. Can I upgrade from this version to the latest version? If so could you please provide me with instructions on how to do this?

Otherwise if I need to uninstall and reinstall please provide me with the install.xml file for 1.0.0d so that I can uninstall it completely and install the latest version!

Thanks.
here's v1.0.0d ;)
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

wired076

Post by wired076 »

spaceace wrote:
wired076 wrote:

Thanks.
here's v1.0.0d ;)
Thanks! :P

I have upgraded this mod successfully.

I have also made some changes to the mod and I would like to add an additional modified recent topics section on my index page for posts in particular forums that start with a particular key in the topic. Could you please tell me how I can add a second one to my board please.

What I am trying to achieve can be seen here on a phpBB 2.x board - http://wired.is-a-geek.net/monkeygun/old/index.php

The new site is http://wired.is-a-geek.net/monkeygun/new/
wired076

Post by wired076 »

How can this be done? I can not find any instructions on how to do this.

Currently I have two of exactly the same being displayed on the index page.

I want to change this and have the second one display topics that have a specific keyword in the title. This should be able to be achieved by using some sql.

Can someone please advise?
SudaDreamS

Post by SudaDreamS »

how can i change the number of posts to appear in the recent posts box?
wired076

Post by wired076 »

SudaDreamS wrote:how can i change the number of posts to appear in the recent posts box?
IN ACP - .mods section ->Recent Topics Mod->Recent Topics.

Change this number to the number you want to appear.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

wired076 wrote:
How can this be done? I can not find any instructions on how to do this.

Currently I have two of exactly the same being displayed on the index page.

I want to change this and have the second one display topics that have a specific keyword in the title. This should be able to be achieved by using some sql.

Can someone please advise?
BUMP!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”