NV recent topics

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
WingMann

Re: NV recent topics

Post by WingMann »

Ive recently upgraded my board to phpbb 3.06

Everything is installed correctly, and I have purged cache, refreshed template many times. The recent topics box on index still will not show for some reason.

Any help appreciated...
vortexhlp

Post by vortexhlp »

I can't figure out how to make it so it lists the latest posts of ALL categories no matter which forum category you're in. Right now it displays nothing when you're in a category or subcategory, just something on the forum index. I went through and cross-checked all the modifications and everything was modified correctly. I will keep at it until I either figure it out or someone can :)
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

Therefore you need to edit the viewforum.php and viewforum_body.html aswell.
No Support via PM
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

WingMann wrote:Ive recently upgraded my board to phpbb 3.06

Everything is installed correctly, and I have purged cache, refreshed template many times. The recent topics box on index still will not show for some reason.

Any help appreciated...
Check these files following:
  • index.php
  • styles/YOUR_STYLE/template/index_body.html
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!
masbuskado

Post by masbuskado »

not reply to my problem :| ???
How I uninstall this...? :cry:
MPG187
Name: Operation 420

Post by MPG187 »

Any help appreciated...
Does upgrading make this mod not work?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14
vortexhlp

Post by vortexhlp »

nickvergessen wrote:Therefore you need to edit the viewforum.php and viewforum_body.html aswell.
My edit is in the overall header (it loads various html files and one of those files is the recent topics), wait... hmm.. Would that where I have gone wrong? Should I have just the divs directly into the overall header instead of them being <!-- INCLUDED -->? Guess it's time to experiment and see what happens :P
wired076

Post by wired076 »

MPG187 wrote:

Any help appreciated...
Does upgrading make this mod not work?
Yes I have it working on 3.0.6

For Wingman:

It seems you are missing this edit:
Open: styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html
Find:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH or (S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT) -->
Add before:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF RECENT_TOPICS_DISPLAY --><!-- INCLUDE recent_topics_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
Remember to Clear your phpBB's cache.

This should resolve this issue.
MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

Is there a way to do it before upgrading so that way it's always there?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14
wired076

Post by wired076 »

MPG187 wrote:Is there a way to do it before upgrading so that way it's always there?
Use the automatic upgrade package that is suitable for your site and this should help you in checking which files need updating and which don't.

WingMann must have overwritten that file with a new one for some reason or not completed that step in the first place.

You should not have any issues with this.
MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

So if I use the auto upgrade package will this mod still work? The posts made it sound like it wouldn't.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

MPG187 wrote:So if I use the auto upgrade package will this mod still work? The posts made it sound like it wouldn't.
I can confirm it will work after the upgrade to 3.0.6. I have done it on 3 forums.
Call me Grumpy.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

madmartyau wrote:
MPG187 wrote:So if I use the auto upgrade package will this mod still work? The posts made it sound like it wouldn't.
I can confirm it will work after the upgrade to 3.0.6. I have done it on 3 forums.
This will work I also can confirm that I have completed an upgrade on a site with this mod without any issues.
MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

You have used the autoupdate package all the times you tried? The person here who had it not worked didn't use the autoupdate so that's why it didn't work?
wired076

Post by wired076 »

MPG187 wrote:You have used the autoupdate package all the times you tried? The person here who had it not worked didn't use the autoupdate so that's why it didn't work?
Again your answer has already been answered above.

However I will reiterate for you...\=
I use the auto update package for any update I do and it works a treat each time I upgrade. I don't know how they didn't have it work but I already posted the possible solution for them above and this should fix their issue.

You should not experience this issue.

I suggest you use the auto update package and update to 3.0.6.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”