Adaptive Hide BBcodes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DogoJosho

Re: Adaptive Hide BBcodes

Post by DogoJosho » Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Ok,
but the bbcode doesnt work either!

and i get a message at the top of the screen:

Code: Select all

// Adaptive Hide BBcodes MOD define('ADAPT_HIDE_LIMIT_POSTS', 200); define('ADAPT_HIDE_IGNORE_LIMIT_GROUPS', '4,5'); // end Adaptive Hide BBcodes MOD 

Izya

Post by Izya » Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 am

DogoJosho wrote:but the bbcode doesnt work either!
You followed the DIY instructions at the end of the install file?
DogoJosho wrote:and i get a message at the top of the screen:
You are wrong again during the installation. You made "add-after" instead of "add-before".

Zeokat

Post by Zeokat » Sat May 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Installed with automod (it says success in all edits/changes, added bbcode and refreshed theme) and the text is showed to every member.

Unistalled with automod, edited files manually and the mod not works :roll: the text between hide tags is showed to every memeber, not hide the text at all... any idea :idea: :idea:

It only happens to me or happens to all....?

Thanks in advance.

Izya

Post by Izya » Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 am

Zeokat.
If it happened to all, the MOD would have not been validated, is not it? Look for errors in your actions.

Miata.SharK

Post by Miata.SharK » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi everybody.
I have a little question: I want to do a [ghide] code which hides the text on a specific group of users.
I.e. I want to edit a post from a registered user, and hide text only to his group, bots and guests by default. How can I do this?
It's possible with the [ghide=4,5,....], but I have a lot of groups and my moderators always forget some of them.
Thanks a lot

Izya

Post by Izya » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 am

There is only one way to do this now - [ghide=4,5,....]. Maybe I will add the possibility to do this simply in the next release.

ijhtio

Post by ijhtio » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:17 pm

thanks a lot..this is, i think, the best hide mod/bbcode out there... :)
regards,
ijhtio

aptx4869

Post by aptx4869 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I modify this mod to my forum, but it does not work???

[hide]123[/hide]
I can view it, the hide mod does not work
my phpbb is 3.0.5

aptx4869

Post by aptx4869 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Can I combine this mod with simple bbcode?
the user need to reach the minimum # of posts, if they want to read the message..
if they did not reach #of posts, they still cannot read the hidden message even they replied

Izya

Post by Izya » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 am

Can I combine this mod with simple bbcode?
No, you can not.

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:40 am

this mod appears to be what I am looking for but it is missing something. I love all the options as to how to hide content but is there any chance of adding a feature of displaying the content upon reply?

something like

[hider]content[/hider]
or

[hide=reply]content[/hide]
So content would only be displayed to people who reply to the post. (and admins, mods, etc)

Izya

Post by Izya » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 am

Maybe I add the feature to next release of the MOD.

TiceAbi

Post by TiceAbi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:36 pm

hi,

i tried to install this mod the second time now and it didn't work properly. i can see the bbcode buttons when i want to open a new topic and everything seems to be ok. but if i want to reply to any topic (not even to those, that don't use the hide mod), the screen becomes just white.

also, i tested to view a topic in which hide mod was used, so no one who has less than 600 posts could see the text, the screen just gets white. i adjusted the constants to 10000 already. if i change to my admin account, i can see the topic and the text, but can't reply, because then the same happens as mentioned above.

i really need this mod, but i think i did everything right. i followed everything step by step and slowly. i'm using prosilver atm, but also adjusted subsilver2! i'm using a few other mods, like hide poll results, author view and the add user mod. in my opinion they should go together! this problem appeared, after i installed this mod. i tried it in english and german, but nothing worked.

after i tried everything i could imagine, i'm now asking you, whether you'd be so kind and try to help me with this one! the simple hide mod doesn't fit my interests, becaus it don't just want the text to be not shown to guests or users who didn't reply, i need the option to let only users read the message you have a certain amount of posts. or another option, which i'd actually prefer is, that only the user who wrote the reply and the admin can see it - that would be perfect, but though i didn't find a fitting mod (just one, which isn't developing) i tried this one.... =(

it would be really, really nice if you could try and help me! i need this mod, or another that fits my goals so much! =)

thank you,

TiceAbi

edit2:

i'm really sorry for writing such a long reply! i reinstalled my forum now and so i did with the mods, first Adaptive Hide BBcodes, second hide poll results, third author view and fourth add user!

everything's working fine now. i just wanted to tell everyone who will may have the same problem as i had ;)

thanks for your help, though, Izya! and thank you for this great mod - it will make my forum much better! keep on! =)

regards,

TiceAbi

TiceAbi
Last edited by TiceAbi on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izya

Post by Izya » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 am

TiceAbi,
to quickly find the problem, see the server error log when getting a white screen.

Xplosive
I've Been Banned!

Post by Xplosive » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

Hello, very nice MOD :) Thanks ! :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”