Adaptive Hide BBcodes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Re: Adaptive Hide BBcodes

Post by MichaelTunnell »

it sounds like the edits weren't made correctly...check the install and see if anything is missing.
Masterlive

Post by Masterlive »

hiding for all User?

least for the board?
Masterlive

Post by Masterlive »

Masterlive wrote:hiding for all User?

least for the board?

anyone know?
Masterlive

Post by Masterlive »

Masterlive wrote:
Masterlive wrote:hiding for all User?

least for the board?

anyone know?
:o
MichaelTunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell »

why would you want to hide something from everyone? here's a thought...don't post it then.
WarlockMaster

Post by WarlockMaster »

RottNKorpse wrote:why would you want to hide something from everyone? here's a thought...don't post it then.
Simple,

This mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... hilit=Hide still bugged, then people try get another similar mods trying fix that

The mostly comon use of this its for forums who post links of files like warez, you can make a group and show the links for trusted users, or you can add like [DEV] Thank Post Mod (hide MOD compatible ) 0.2.0, the thank you feature, to try protect the links of your files... Or in another words, if someone post yours links in another site, you can check the post who give a thanks and ban all they...

Btw all big massive warez board already have a similar [DEV] Thank Post Mod (hide MOD compatible ) 0.2.0 working nice... They use something like this logic:

Before send page to client
IF user already made a thanks send hide content
ELSE send a image

Then theres no way to client use the option View Source Code to check the hidden links.

Sorry about my bad english
MichaelTunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell »

I'm fully aware of people doing stuff like that...which is normally done with the posts showing after replies or based on group membership.

This mod supports group membership so there is still no point to hide it from everyone...he said everyone which to me serves no purpose whatsoever.
WarlockMaster

Post by WarlockMaster »

RottNKorpse wrote:I'm fully aware of people doing stuff like that...which is normally done with the posts showing after replies or based on group membership.

This mod supports group membership so there is still no point to hide it from everyone...he said everyone which to me serves no purpose whatsoever.
There`s another point :)
At least for warez forums, if you wish everyone send one or more post (useless post like: Wonderfull, Incredible, Cool, WOW, you are the guy, etc...) to see the links, your database gonna get a big size soon (because flood, etc...). if you use the thanks feature you gonna keep your database small, since noone gonna post anything (maybe post about broken links, or bugged stuff or usefull things) just incrementing the thanks counter, with a small database you have a portable board to any free/shared/dedicated host easy and fast.
Other thing its about administration, you just need do something like this (its a example):

Select * FROM thanks_table WHERE Topic_ID = 99999

Then you get so fast and easy everyone who made a thank in the post where you wish ban or warn.

Now by board performance, well, if you gonna use a shared host with unlimited badnwith and space, you need have in mind the memmory dont gonna be so big, since its shared, then you cache files dont gonna work so well when you get a big database, but if you wish pay for a dedicated host, then database size dont gonna be a problem for you ;)
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

I'm having a problem on two boards I'm working with... both boards use different styles for different categories and if I use a [hide] or [ghide] I get a strange mix of the default style and the forum template for that post - even on preview. take the hide tags out and I'm back to the forum style.

I used AutoMod for one and did the other by hand and did all the DIY steps.

I set that category to allow guest posting so you could test there without registering...

When you go to that section, you'll see the Prosilver style (not forum default). When you view the topic there (Hide Test) it switches to the default style... if you reply to that post, it uses the prosilver theme (css), the board default templates (html), and a mix of the imagesets (wtf?)

Edit: Never mind.. I found the problem :-)

In the bbcode.php edits, the line:

Code: Select all

$user->setup('mods/adaptive_hide_bbcodes');
Should be:

$user->add_lang('mods/adaptive_hide_bbcodes');
Recif

Post by Recif »

[removed]
scorpio4646

Post by scorpio4646 »

Hi Guys
completely new to this and have a problem

I installed hidebbcodes following all instructions including the diy stuff

but nothing has changed

I can still read topics as guest or member

do i have to set anything else

what i get is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1AYNS2Z7
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZIOS5IM8
what I want is

This Content is not viewable to guests, please register and login to view the content
here is my site very basic just started

http://www.1club4all.net/index.php

thanks in advance
scorpio4646

Post by scorpio4646 »

Right I have worked out how to use it but get the following error when i submit post

General Error
Language file ./language/en_us/mods/adaptive_hide_bbcodes.php couldn't be opened.

any help please
scorpio4646

Post by scorpio4646 »

sorted the General error prob. The language file was uploaded to wrong folder I use en NOT en-us
scorpio4646

Post by scorpio4646 »

ok nearly there

the file is now hidden but I am wondering if the code box can still be seen like this

Hidden text. This Content is not viewable to guests, please register and login to view the content..
At the moment it looks like this:

testing hide feature

Hidden text. This Content is not viewable to guests, please register and login to view the content..

see
http://1club4all.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Also the only way I can achieve this is to edit every post myself as moderator. Is this normal. Or should it do it automatically.

Thanks in advance
scorpio4646

Post by scorpio4646 »

mmm there doesn't seem to be a lot of suppoert in this support forum, perhaps its the holidays
:(

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”