Forum Background for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
wang5555
Translator

Re: Forum Background for phpBB3

Post by wang5555 »

paulnicholson wrote:
  1. I was just wondering if you could tell me how to put a background image in the other cells: 'Topics', 'Posts' and 'Last Posts' in subsilver2. It looks a bit naked just stopping after the forum name at the moment.
  2. Also, do you know how how create a background colour for my webpages other than white with subsilver2, or better still, an image?
My website is http://www.theatrenet.com.au
Thanks for your questions.
  1. Try this:
    --OPEN--
    styles/subsilver2/template/forumlist_body.html

--FIND--

Code: Select all

<td class="row1" width="50" align="center">{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}</td>

--REPLACE WITH--

<td class="row1" width="50" align="center" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_BG}); background-repeat: repeat;">{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}</td>

--FIND--

<td class="row2" align="center"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.TOPICS}</p></td>

--REPLACE WITH--

<td class="row2" align="center" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_BG}); background-repeat: repeat;"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.TOPICS}</p></td>

--FIND--

<td class="row2" align="center"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.POSTS}</p></td>

--REPLACE WITH--

<td class="row2" align="center" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_BG}); background-repeat: repeat;"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.POSTS}</p></td>

--FIND--

<td class="row2" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">

--REPLACE WITH--

<td class="row2" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_BG}); background-repeat: repeat;">

--SAVE&CLOSE--

P.S.
    Purge the cache.
  2. Edit this file following:
    • styles/subsilver2/theme/stylesheet.css

body {
    	/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
    	font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    	color: #323D4F;
    	background-color: #FFFFFF;
    	font-size: 62.5%; /* This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
    	margin: 0;
    }
    Just change the 'background-color: #FFFFFF;'.
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!
paulnicholson

Post by paulnicholson »

Thank you so much. Here are my mistakes and my solution for subsilver2 users:

This was my first attempt in photoshop:
auditionsbg.png
auditionsbg.png (22.12 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
TN gradient forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png
TN gradient forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png (323.78 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
I thought that the only way to make the colour go across uniformly was to make the colour solid, but it was ugly:
TN solid forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png
TN solid forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png (334.8 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
Finally, I realised that I could do this:
auditionsbg.png
auditionsbg.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
TN up gradient forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png
TN up gradient forum bg 2010-01-23 copy.png (387.29 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
I hope all subsilver2 users love this as much as I do.

By the way, how do I change the foreground colour please? I've changed the background to blue and altered the left and right shadow files to blend into it. I would like to make the foreground a light grey now. Is that possible? Also, how can I create top shadow and bottom shadow? Or better yet, do something like this: http://www.vimeo.com/
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

paulnicholson wrote:I hope all subsilver2 users love this as much as I do.

By the way, how do I change the foreground colour please? I've changed the background to blue and altered the left and right shadow files to blend into it. I would like to make the foreground a light grey now. Is that possible? Also, how can I create top shadow and bottom shadow? Or better yet, do something like this: http://www.vimeo.com/
Thanks for your share.

But I think the problem that change the foreground colour has nothing to do with this mod.

Suggest you go the styles forum to ask for support it.
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
paulnicholson

Foreground colour in subsilver2

Post by paulnicholson »

There was no support. I looked for hours!!!!!!! Here's my hard work laid out in palatable form for everyone who's changing their forum title colours. Trust me Wang, many people who come to this MOD would expect that the information I'm about to reveal is what your MOD does. Your MOD should be called 'Forum Listing Backgrounds for the Index page'. And I'm pretty sure that your manipulation of this information will grant you immortality among the MODDERS for actually changing the foreground per forum that we're all begging you for. Here's my guess: td.np-body1, td.np-body2, td.np-body3, etc. Each new foreground can be assigned to a separate forum. You could even integrate Randomness generators and give people a brilliant ACP style contol system!!

Foreground colour in subsilver2 for every page.

1. Open Adobe Dreamweaver.
2. On your local host, open the file: styles/subsilver2/theme/stylesheet.css
3. Press Ctrl+F to open the Find window
4. Find td.np-body (somebody thought this would be a recognisable way to spell 'foreground')
5. Open this website: http://html-color-codes.com/
6. Open Adobe Photoshop
7. Open the image file for your header
8. Click on either of the colour boxes on the bottom left of the screen
9. Click on a colour in your header that would potentially make a nice foreground
10. Don't close the colour picking window - read the six alphanumerals that represent the colourcode
11. Type the colourcode (ensuring that letters are capitalised) into the stylesheet.css file, replacing the white foreground (FFFFFF) with the foreground colour of your choice

td.np-body {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 0px;

12. Rename the stylesheet.css file in the skinny navigation menu to stylesheet 2010-01-28.css (or whatever the date is). If you have more than one edit in a day, make the next ones stylesheet 2010-01-28b.css, stylesheet 2010-01-28c.css. After you rename the file, just click somewhere else on the screen with the mouse and it'll stay renamed.
13. Now click in the html editing box on the new version you've just edited to highlight it and press Ctrl+S. Save it and upload ('Put') it as stylesheet.css.
14. It's a good idea to set your Dreamweaver preferences to upload ('Put') as soon as you save something.
15. You shouldn't need to purge the cache or refresh your theme when using subsilver2.
16. Take a look at your website after refreshing your browser. The new foreground colour should be visible immediately. Use trial and error to get a nice background that compliments the tone of your website.
17. The shadows will now require adjustment. My shadows were found at styles/milky_way/theme/images. I think subsilver2's shadows are easier to adjust than milky_way's, but subsilver2 looks crap by comparison so I don't mind. (Have you seen Milky Way theme? By far the best looking one.) Just use the gradient tool and make one colour grey and the other colour the foreground colour so it blends like a shadow. You might have to change the MODE in Photoshop from Index to RGB or something.
18. The background colour behind all the pages on your website can be set in stylesheet.css as well. Find body and then set that background colour, merging the appropriate shadows. Shadows are not that difficult, just a bit time consuming. And don't get rid of them or your website will look like a bulletin board from the eighties.

Now hopefully someone can tell us how to insert images that stretch to fit nicely into the foreground and background even when your visitors adjust their screen size. :P
#FFFFFF
#FFFFFF
TN screenshot FFFFFF 2010-01-28 copy.jpg (151.04 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
#F0F0F0
#F0F0F0
TN screenshot F0F0F0 2010-01-28 copy.jpg (150.5 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
#99CCFF
#99CCFF
TN screenshot 99CCFF 2010-01-28 copy.jpg (152.23 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
paulnicholson

Post by paulnicholson »

Now hopefully someone can tell us how to insert images that stretch to fit nicely into the foreground and background even when your visitors adjust their screen size. :P
To insert a foreground image, create an image the same width as your site that is the same at the bottom as it is at the top, such as a vertical gradient.

Go to stylesheet.css

td.np-body {
background-color: #F0F0F0;
background-image:;
padding: 0px;

When you type 'background-image:' a browse option appears in Dreamweaver. Just choose the image from your computer and type';'

Save and Put. Your background image will repeat all the way down every page of your website. If you want a single image at the top that fades out, write 'no-repeat' before the semi colon.

This has taken me eight months to figure out and these instructions appear nowhere else on this website. Nowhere findable anyway. Spread the word. They're here.
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

This mod works in 3.0.7pl?
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

Lisbon wrote:This mod works in 3.0.7pl?
Yes!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
anothernoobie

Post by anothernoobie »

darkonia wrote:thx a lot for this great mod, runs easy and without probs.

:ugeek:

i registetred only to ask how u did this, its awesome, and truied to send pm and ask but need 5posts..

staff delete my acco, not gonna spam for 5posts...
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

darkonia wrote:thx a lot for this great mod, runs easy and without probs.

:ugeek:

WOW!!! How to did this???

Thanks!
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

@anothernoobie & Ahri89:

Please refer these steps following:
  1. Install this (Forum Background for phpBB3) mod.
  2. Prepare one image that suits for your category forum.
  3. Divide this image into small pictures as your forum background.
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.9
See first post for Download Link
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development