Forum Background for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
wang5555
Translator

Re: Forum Background for phpBB3

Post by wang5555 »

Mrraider wrote:
wang5555 wrote: Are you sure this problem relates to the mod?
Please tell me where is your forum.
Read PM
Sorry! I can see all of the forum icons (forum folder img).
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!
lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer »

i have a problem in editing 'styles/prosilver/template/forumlist_body.html'. Because I have installed Global announcement and the lines were replaced. Original lines and my existing lines are as followed and don't know how to edit.

Origianl line :

Code: Select all

<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_SRC}); background-repeat: no-repeat;">
				<dt title="{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_ALT}">
After installed Global announcement :

<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_SRC}); background-repeat: no-repeat;" title="{forumrow.TOPIC_FOLDER_IMG_ALT}">
				<dt <!-- IF forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG -->style="background-image: url({T_ICONS_PATH}{forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG}); background-repeat: no-repeat;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
Tks.
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

lovelysummer wrote:i have a problem in editing 'styles/prosilver/template/forumlist_body.html'. Because I have installed Global announcement and the lines were replaced. Original lines and my existing lines are as followed and don't know how to edit.

Origianl line :

<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_SRC}); background-repeat: no-repeat;">
				<dt title="{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_ALT}">
After installed Global announcement :

<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_SRC}); background-repeat: no-repeat;" title="{forumrow.TOPIC_FOLDER_IMG_ALT}">
				<dt <!-- IF forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG -->style="background-image: url({T_ICONS_PATH}{forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG}); background-repeat: no-repeat;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
Tks.
Try it:

FIND:

REPLACE WITH:

<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_BG}); background-repeat: repeat;">
				<dt title="{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_ALT}" <!-- IF forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG -->style="background-image: url({T_ICONS_PATH}{forumrow.TOPIC_ICON_IMG}); background-repeat: no-repeat;"<!-- ELSE -->style="background-image: url({forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG_SRC}); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 10px 50%;"<!-- ENDIF -->>
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer »

Another problem after editing:
Parse error: parse error in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_display.php on line 515
Line 515 is :

'FORUM_DESC'			=> ($row['forum_desc']) ? generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
Line 513 to 517 is :

'FORUM_ID'				=> $row['forum_id'],
			'FORUM_NAME'			=> $row['forum_name'],
			'FORUM_DESC'			=> ($row['forum_desc']) ? generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
			'TOPICS'				=> $row['forum_topics'],
			$l_post_click_count		=> $post_click_count,
Any idea how to fix it?

TKs
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

lovelysummer wrote:Another problem after editing:
Parse error: parse error in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_display.php on line 515
Line 515 is :

Line 513 to 517 is :

'FORUM_ID'				=> $row['forum_id'],
			$l_post_click_count		=> $post_click_count,
Any idea how to fix it?

TKs
Please forgive my carelessness, fix following:

FIND:

REPLACE WITH:

'FORUM_DESC'			=> ($row['forum_desc']) ? generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']) : '&nbsp;',
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Does this just add a background to just the forum lists backgrounds?
Or does it actualy add a page body background to the page per forum being viewed?
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

ThunderCrew wrote:Does this just add a background to just the forum lists backgrounds?
Yes!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!

Post by 8100 »

I have done MODS but never one with an SQL query. Not sure what to do with the following code in step 1... ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_bg VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL; Also, I have phpbb version 3.0.5 Will this MOD potentially give me any troubles? I did not see an update from 3.0.4 Thank you for being here to help!!!
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

8100 wrote:I have done MODS but never one with an SQL query. Not sure what to do with the following code in step 1... ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_bg VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL; Also, I have phpbb version 3.0.5 Will this MOD potentially give me any troubles? I did not see an update from 3.0.4 Thank you for being here to help!!!
Do not worry! This MOD applied to phpBB v3.0.5 too.
You can refer the post following to do with SQL.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=588697
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

wang5555 wrote:
ThunderCrew wrote:Does this just add a background to just the forum lists backgrounds?
Yes!

Ok thank you ;)
I will probably use it looks nice to stand out the forums I guess.
Sounded better thinking it would add a defined page body background depending on the forum reading ;)
Like the forum header mod uses a different header image due to what forum is being read.
Would be a nice 1-2 combo if we had a page body background :D

Good mod though thank you will probably use it in time ;)
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

wang5555 wrote: Try to add some words as "Forum Desc",
or amend following:

OPEN:
includes/functions_display.php

FIND:

'FORUM_DESC'			=> generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
IN LINE FIND:

'FORUM_DESC'			=> generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
IN LINE REPLACE WITH:

'FORUM_DESC'			=> $row['forum_desc']) ? generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
SAVE & CLOSE

P.S.
Thanks ScarerSulley! ;)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8878635

When I try that fix I get a blank white page. But if I add a forum description with the originol install coding it is just fine.
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

ThunderCrew wrote:
wang5555 wrote: Try to add some words as "Forum Desc",
or amend following:

OPEN:
includes/functions_display.php

FIND:

IN LINE FIND:

IN LINE REPLACE WITH:

'FORUM_DESC'			=> $row['forum_desc']) ? generate_text_for_display($row['forum_desc'], $row['forum_desc_uid'], $row['forum_desc_bitfield'], $row['forum_desc_options']),
SAVE & CLOSE

P.S.
Thanks ScarerSulley! ;)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8878635

When I try that fix I get a blank white page. But if I add a forum description with the originol install coding it is just fine.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9651045
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Forum Background for phpBB3

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.7
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

Thanks DavidIQ. :D
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
PowWowPalace

Post by PowWowPalace »

This mod is great! But I have one problem. Please look at www.powwowpalace.com and under the first category Automotive. The left side is displaying a thin space that the image is not filling in. I don't know why, the image is longer then the space so that is not the problem. It's happening on all categories below too. It's like this is a separate table cell, please help. Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”