Board watch

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: Board watch

Post by asinshesq »

chanbb wrote:asinshesq,
Thanks your help, but I really try my best to follow your instructions and debug 3 hours, but the result is failed. I found I can not assign 'first_reply' template to template variable, may be I am new for PHP and PHPBB, so would you test your suggested coding in your site and give me more detail coding?
Anyway, thanks again
ChanBB
Try this (I haven't tried it and you'll probably have to troubleshoot a bit but it should be close):

Code: Select all

OPEN
posting.php

FIND
				'post_approved'			=> (isset($post_data['post_approved'])) ? $post_data['post_approved'] : false,

AFTER, ADD
				'first_reply'			=> (($mode == 'reply' || $mode == 'quote') && !$post_data['topic_replies']) ? true : false,

OPEN
includes/functions_posting.php

FIND
function user_notification($mode, $subject, $topic_title, $forum_name, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id)

REPLACE WITH
function user_notification($mode, $subject, $topic_title, $forum_name, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $first_reply)

FIND
			'template'		=> ($topic_notification) ? 'boardwatch_topic_notify' : 'boardwatch_newtopic_notify',

REPLACE WITH
			'template'		=> ($first_reply) ? 'boardwatch_first_reply' : (($topic_notification) ? 'boardwatch_topic_notify' : 'boardwatch_newtopic_notify'),

FIND
		user_notification($mode, $subject, $data['topic_title'], $data['forum_name'], $data['forum_id'], $data['topic_id'], $data['post_id']);

REPLACE WITH
		user_notification($mode, $subject, $data['topic_title'], $data['forum_name'], $data['forum_id'], $data['topic_id'], $data['post_id'], $data['first_reply']);
Once you do that, create a new file in language/en/email called boardwatch_first_reply.txt that would probably look something like boardwatch_reply.txt but would have your new wording.

chanbb

Post by chanbb »

asinshesq,
I knew my fault in:
'template' => ($first_reply) ? 'boardwatch_first_reply' : (($topic_notification) ? 'boardwatch_topic_notify' : 'boardwatch_newtopic_notify'),
I fixed it and it worked now.
Thanks your professional coding.

ChanBB

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

chanbb wrote:I fixed it and it worked now.
Glad it worked. I usually make mistakes when I code on the fly without testing, so it's nice to hear that I avoided my customary typos ;)

lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

I've just installed Boardwatch 1.0.1 on a phpBB 3.0.5 board. Unfortunately, when I try to open the ACP->Users and Groups tab, I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/confrari/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_users.php on line 1283

The offending line is

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_boardwatch.' . $phpEx);

Any suggestions?

lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

lclaudius wrote:I've just installed Boardwatch 1.0.1 on a phpBB 3.0.5 board. Unfortunately, when I try to open the ACP->Users and Groups tab, I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/confrari/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_users.php on line 1283

The offending line is

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_boardwatch.' . $phpEx);

Any suggestions?
Never mind, I made a basic mistake when patching the file.

c3ptik

Post by c3ptik »

Would this work for 3.0.4?

I've yet to upgrade due a lot of mods installed and countless hours installing them. Trying to find the right time to upgrade and reinstall everything is not an easy option at present.

Thanks in advance

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

c3ptik wrote:Would this work for 3.0.4?

I've yet to upgrade due a lot of mods installed and countless hours installing them. Trying to find the right time to upgrade and reinstall everything is not an easy option at present.

Thanks in advance
Should work fine on 3.0.4. But note that you can use the upgrade package to upgrade even if you have mods installed (the updater will tell you where there are conflicts and give you a chance to tinker in order to avoid them).

dm9876

No board watch permissions in ACP

Post by dm9876 »

Hi I have installed the boardwatch mod (manual file mods + run the script successfully) into phpbb 3.0.5 (running on mssql database) no other mods installed

Seems to do the job, but I cannot see any permissions for the boardwatch in the ACP.

I go:

- Permissions tab

- Global permissions ->Group permissions

- select group "registered users" click submit

- click advanced permissions.

(screenshot attached)
I cannot see any setting for boardwatch permissions. Am I looking in the wrong place or did something go wrong.

Dean
Attachments
group permissions in ACP.jpg
group permissions in ACP.jpg (156.94 KiB) Viewed 918 times

dm9876

Post by dm9876 »

also if I follow the link in the email notifications (even as the board admin), I get this. but I presume that's because the permissions are not enabled

>>>
General Error
Module not accessible

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: XXXXXX
>>>>

asinshesq

Re: No board watch permissions in ACP

Post by asinshesq »

[superseded by next post]
Last edited by asinshesq on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

dm9876 wrote:...I cannot see any permissions for the boardwatch in the ACP.

I go:

- Permissions tab

- Global permissions ->Group permissions

- select group "registered users" click submit

- click advanced permissions.

(screenshot attached)
I cannot see any setting for boardwatch permissions. Am I looking in the wrong place or did something go wrong...
You're looking in exactly the right place,
dm9876 wrote:also if I follow the link in the email notifications (even as the board admin), I get this. but I presume that's because the permissions are not enabled

>>>
General Error
Module not accessible

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: XXXXXX
>>>>
Yes, that's because no one has permissions (like you suspected).

Sounds like maybe you didn't properly make the changes the mod tells you to make to the following files:
adm/style/acp_users_prefs.html
includes/acp/acp_users.php

Double check those changes and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

senortim

Post by senortim »

Anyone tested the 3.0.6 upgrade? Will this break Board Watch? (Does the MOD team revalidate for new versions of MODs?)

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

senortim wrote:Anyone tested the 3.0.6 upgrade? Will this break Board Watch? (Does the MOD team revalidate for new versions of MODs?)
Works fine with 3.0.6. I have resubmitted the mod for validation with 3.0.6 but it will take a while before that validation is finished.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Board watch

Post by DavidIQ »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.2
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

DavidIQ wrote:MOD Updated to version 1.0.2
See first post for Download Link
Thanks, David.

If you already have this mod installed, you don't need to make any changes.Here's the changelong:

Code: Select all

##	2009-09-26 - Version 1.0.1e1
##		no change in mod, but includes newer version of umil folder and tested with phpbb3.0.6

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”