Board watch

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
inkserious

Re: Board watch

Post by inkserious »

I have successfully installed boardwatch. I installed it with the default setting of 0 for boardwatchb, boardwatchf and boardwatcht. I would like to go back and change the default settings from 0 to 2 for all old users. I know the instructions said to run a query:

UPDATE phpbb_users
SET user_boardwatchb = 2
WHERE 1 = 1;

I'm unfamiliar with databases, so I don't know how to go about running the query, or where to find the file. I have phpMyAdmin installed on my local machine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

inkserious wrote:I would like to go back and change the default settings from 0 to 2 for all old users. I know the instructions said to run a query:

UPDATE phpbb_users
SET user_boardwatchb = 2
WHERE 1 = 1;

I'm unfamiliar with databases, so I don't know how to go about running the query, or where to find the file. I have phpMyAdmin installed on my local machine.
I'm not sure what you are asking (and there is no file to find because you are working with databases, not files). If you have phpmyadmin access to your database, then:

- run phpmyadmin

- select your database

- click the SQL tab

- type or paste that query into the SQL query window

- click the "go" button that appears to the left of the SQL query window

That should do it, but make sure to run a query for boardwatchf and boardwatcht as well, to set those to whatever setting you want for existing users.

I gather you continue to want the default for brand new users to be for boardwatch to be on, correct?

Finally, decide what permissions you want to grant to users or groups to change their own individual boardwatch settings.
inkserious

Post by inkserious »

Once again, I misstated something. Rather than where do I find the file, I need to know where to find the database. Is it in a particular folder or directory?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

inkserious wrote:Once again, I misstated something. Rather than where do I find the file, I need to know where to find the database. Is it in a particular folder or directory?
You don't 'find' a database. If you have phpmyadmin access to the database, you database will be in the list that appears on the left when you open phpmyadmin. Do you have access to phpmyadmin whereever you run your forum (on a host or locally or whereever your forum really runs from)?
FF27

Post by FF27 »

This are my Forum category:

-Videos (main category)
--------2009 (subforum of Video)
--------------January (subforum of 2009)
--------------Januar
--------------February
--------------March
--------------April
--------------May

And I'm searching a mod where user can subscribe the main category (Video) , and will be notified about new Posts/Topics. AND also about new Posts/Topics in the sub-forums (2009,January ...).
So i subscribe the main category (Video) and become an e-mail by new Posts in the subforum (January).
Can someone help me (Sorry for my bad english) .
http://keeperboard.ohost.de
For all Football and Mini Games Fans!
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

FF27, this mod has nothing to do with how people subscribe for forums and subforums (it just changes what happens when someone chooses to subscribe).

It wouldn't be that hard to do what you are asking about but I don't need that feature on my board (since almost all of my users subscribe to the entire board) and therefore I won't be writing the mod you are asking about. I don't know whether there is already another mod out there that does what you are asking about...if not, you could try asking for this in the mod request forum.
orudie

Post by orudie »

Greetings. I run a private company forum for about ~25 users. Decided to give this mod a shot. The users started complaining about excessive email to them about all new posts. Apparently, the way I see it, boardwatch by default sets up automatic email for all posts? Is there a way for me to change that default option for all the users?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

orudie wrote:Greetings. I run a private company forum for about ~25 users. Decided to give this mod a shot. The users started complaining about excessive email to them about all new posts. Apparently, the way I see it, boardwatch by default sets up automatic email for all posts? Is there a way for me to change that default option for all the users?
Yes. Read the file called changing_default_seettings.html that appears in the contrib folder ;)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.3
See first post for Download Link
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc