Board watch

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Saundhaus

Re: Board watch

Post by Saundhaus »

asinshesq wrote: I think you are posting in the wrong topic. This mod has nothing to do with email digests and does not require cron jobs.
Uhm, weird when I downloaded it I got a zipped folder called digests_2 and thought that was boardwatch. I just downloaded it again and got something else. Oh well. Sorry

Eric
A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

OK, so I'm having trouble installing Board Watch...

I've installed a couple MOD's manually, and was sick of that, so I decided to use AutoMOD. I downloaded and installed AutoMOD, per the instructions, and then tried to install this MOD. First I used FTP, and that said it was successful on editing the existing files, but it couldn't upload root/*.*

Then I switched to Direct, and it looked like it worked, but when I went to /phpBB3/install_boardwatch.php, it didn't exist. I had to manually upload it. Then I ran it, and got the error that it couldn't set UCP module in /ucp/styles/ucp_boardwatch.php (I think that's what file it was...it was whatever the ucp module file is). So I went and looked for that file and it didn't exist. So I realized I had to manually upload every new file, so I did that, and refreshed the cache.

But now when I go to the UCP, there isn't an "Edit Post Notifications" thing under Board Preferences. I checked, and all the new files are uploaded. I ran uninstall and reinstall on the installer. And I looked at one of the changed files, to make sure it was changed and it was. (I didn't check the others...I'm assuming that if AutoMOD changed one it changed them all.)

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!
carskee

Post by carskee »

I've got boardwatch installed, added the UCP perms for all users, set UCP -> Board Preferences -> Edit post notification options all to "Yes" for all users, but it seems every time a post is made, notifications do not get sent to anyone.

I looked at my email settings, all seems it order. PM emails work and if a user subscribes to a topic or forum, he/she gets email notifications when posts or topics are made, however, if they don't hit "subscribe", no emails are sent even though that user has "Send me notice of all posts, even where I am not subscribed to the forum or topic" set to "YES" in UCP -> Board Preferences -> Edit post notification options.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carskee
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

A Future Pilot wrote:But now when I go to the UCP, there isn't an "Edit Post Notifications" thing under Board Preferences.
You need to go to the ACP permissions tab and grant boardwatch permissions to the persons or groups you want to have rights to edit post notifications.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

carskee wrote:I've got boardwatch installed, added the UCP perms for all users, set UCP -> Board Preferences -> Edit post notification options all to "Yes" for all users, but it seems every time a post is made, notifications do not get sent to anyone.
What does it mean when you say you set those options to yes for all users? Do you mean you ran a query and manually changed the db entries for users_boardwarchb to 0? Or something else?

When you look at your own edit post notifications options, can you confirm it really says yes for all? And remember that you do not get notifications of your own posts, so you would have to wait for someone else to post before you yourself would bet a notice.
carskee

Post by carskee »

asinshesq wrote:
carskee wrote:I've got boardwatch installed, added the UCP perms for all users, set UCP -> Board Preferences -> Edit post notification options all to "Yes" for all users, but it seems every time a post is made, notifications do not get sent to anyone.
What does it mean when you say you set those options to yes for all users? Do you mean you ran a query and manually changed the db entries for users_boardwarchb to 0? Or something else?

When you look at your own edit post notifications options, can you confirm it really says yes for all? And remember that you do not get notifications of your own posts, so you would have to wait for someone else to post before you yourself would bet a notice.
Sorry about that, let me clarify. This is a brand new board and only has 3 users...I'm developing it until it works, at which time I'll put it into production for our small company to use (20-30 users eventually). My testing method is this:

-login as my user and verify all options are set to "YES":
Send me notice of all posts, even where I am not subscribed to the forum or topic
When I subscribe to a forum, send me notice of all posts in the forum
When I subscribe to a topic, send me notice of all posts in the topic
-logout, then login as another user and post a new topic
-wait for notification and never get one.
-log back in as my user and subscribe to that forum/topic, logout
-wait for a notification email and get one (since my user subscribed to it)

Hope that make better sense.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Carskee, if you only have a handful of people that are supposed to get the notice, it's possible that it is being cached until there is a greater number of emails to send. What's setting do you have in the ACP' email settings area for "email package size'? If you have anything other than 0, try changing that to 0 and see if that helps.
carskee

Post by carskee »

I thought of that as well :)

E-mail package size is set to 0 and I'm still seeing the behavior.

I'm stumped!
A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

OK, so I went and set permissions, and now the module is showing up in the UCP, but I'm having the same problem as carskee now :roll: Any help?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

carskee wrote:E-mail package size is set to 0 and I'm still seeing the behavior. I'm stumped!
Me too ;)
Did you install via automod or by hand. If by hand, I'm guessing you messed up an edit somewhere in includes/functions_posting.php. Recheck those edits and if you can't find the problem pm me your functions_posting.php file and I'll take a look when I get a chance.
A Future Pilot wrote:OK, so I went and set permissions, and now the module is showing up in the UCP, but I'm having the same problem as carskee now :roll: Any help?
Did you try setting e-mail package size to 0? I realize that didn't help carskee but I want to make sure you tried it as well.
burntwind

Post by burntwind »

I am having some issues with the installation of boardwatch.

I had copied the files over, manually edited the files according to the instructions, login and ran the script install_boardwatch.php. All I am getting is a blank page. I went to take a look at the error log in the control panel, but came back negative.

Any suggestions? I am currently using 3.06. I am also having the same issue with automod. Having a blank page when I ran install/index.php.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

burntwind wrote:Having a blank page when I ran install/index.php.
There is no install/index in this mod ;)

When you are done installing the mod (or when automod is done - it's a good idea to use automod), you are supposed to run install_boardwatch.php. That file is in the root of your phpbb folder, not any subfolder. So navigate to www.[your_forum_address]/install_boardwatch.php
burntwind

Post by burntwind »

asinshesq wrote:When you are done installing the mod (or when automod is done - it's a good idea to use automod), you are supposed to run install_boardwatch.php. That file is in the root of your phpbb folder, not any subfolder. So navigate to www.[your_forum_address]/install_boardwatch.php
yeah. install/index.php is for automod.

install_boardwatch.php returns a blank page.
carskee

Post by carskee »

asinshesq wrote:
carskee wrote:E-mail package size is set to 0 and I'm still seeing the behavior. I'm stumped!
Me too ;)
Did you install via automod or by hand. If by hand, I'm guessing you messed up an edit somewhere in includes/functions_posting.php. Recheck those edits and if you can't find the problem pm me your functions_posting.php file and I'll take a look when I get a chance.
A Future Pilot wrote:OK, so I went and set permissions, and now the module is showing up in the UCP, but I'm having the same problem as carskee now :roll: Any help?
Did you try setting e-mail package size to 0? I realize that didn't help carskee but I want to make sure you tried it as well.
Ok, so I fixed my issue...I was using automod then running install_boardwatch.php...but I went through all the edits to see if they were all done right and apparently nothing got edited, even though automod reported no issues installing boardwatch. Strange! So my boardwatch issue is fixed (did all the edits manually, then ran install_boardwatch.php again, now works like a charm) but apparently I have issues with automod I need to investigate. Hopefully this helps others in this post!

Only problem now is that in the ACP if I click the "Users and Groups" tab, I get this at the top:

);

And thats it on the page. I was thinking I messed up an edit, but I just double checked them all. Any ideas?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

carskee wrote:Only problem now is that in the ACP if I click the "Users and Groups" tab, I get this at the top:

);

And thats it on the page. I was thinking I messed up an edit, but I just double checked them all. Any ideas?
I'm guessing the issue has nothing to do with this mod, but just in case, double check your changes to adm/style/acp_users_prefs.html and includes/acp/acp_users.php

Meanwhile, does the mod now work on your board?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”