Board watch

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
GeorgeLevi

Re: Board watch

Post by GeorgeLevi »

Hi I recently downloaded boardwatch and install it but couldnt get it to work so I deleted everything to go back to original and now it gives me an error that says the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in C:\sites\single29\djgeorgelevi\webroot\phpBB\includes\functions_posting.php on line 1288

I dont know whats going on my webpage is http://www.ecuaravers.com

Here is the piece of code that is messed up:

Code: Select all

// Handle the DB updates
	$db->sql_transaction('begin')
	if (!empty($update_notification['topic']))
	{
		$sql = 'UPDATE ' . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . "
			SET notify_status = 1
			WHERE topic_id = $topic_id
				AND " . $db->sql_in_set('user_id', $update_notification['topic']);
		$db->sql_query($sql);
	}

if (!empty($update_notification['forum']))
	{
		$sql = 'UPDATE ' . FORUMS_WATCH_TABLE . "
			SET notify_status = 1
			WHERE forum_id = $forum_id
				AND " . $db->sql_in_set('user_id', $update_notification['forum']);
		$db->sql_query($sql);
	}
Last edited by ckwalsh on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Adding code tags

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

You deleted the semicolon at the end of the line and that messed things up. So change:

$db->sql_transaction('begin')
to

$db->sql_transaction('begin');

GeorgeLevi

Post by GeorgeLevi »

Now it works but i get the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM phpbb_topics_watch w, phpbb_users u WHERE w.topic_id = 37 AND w.user' at line 2 [1064]

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

GeorgeLevi wrote:Now it works but i get the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM phpbb_topics_watch w, phpbb_users u WHERE w.topic_id = 37 AND w.user' at line 2 [1064]
Do you have backup files from before you tried to install? Sounds like you didn't uninstall this correctly. We can keep doing this one line at a time but it would be easier if you just used your backup file. And if you don't have a backup but you have no mods installed, you could just re-upload clean phpbb 3.0.5 files for each file this mod changes.

Wetfire

Post by Wetfire »

Hi, for some time already I am to trying to get this fixed but with no success. The issue is very simple can't give permission to NO ONE including me (FOUNDER) to the watch board.
Trace for: Admin / Can set topic watch options
Who Setting Total Information
Default No No By default every permission is NO (unset). So the permission can be overwritten by other settings.
Administrators No No The permission is NO for this group so the old total value is kept.
Global moderators No No The permission is NO for this group so the old total value is kept.
Admin No Never The user’s permission is NO and the total value was set to NO so it defaults to NEVER.
Trace result Never Resulting permission
PLS assist me :-)

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Wetfire wrote:Hi, for some time already I am to trying to get this fixed but with no success. The issue is very simple can't give permission to NO ONE including me (FOUNDER) to the watch board.
What do you mean when you say you can't give permission? Do you mean you think you've given permission in the acp but the people you've given permission to still can't see the boardwatch options in their ucp and still show up as NO in the permissions trace you posted? Or do you mean you can't find the permissions to set? (You set permissions by going to ACP -> Permissions tab -> global permissions (I think using the group global permissions makes the most sense.)

Wetfire

Post by Wetfire »

Sorry my mistake... that was corrected. Can you please however give me a hint what to check in order to stop the older notified of overriding your one?

* - At the moment I edited all BoardWatch templates for response. However it still uses the default PHPBB ones.

* - Additionally I have set it to send mail for every post/reply... everything is (zeroes) and yet after first mail.... no newer one are coming. If I visit the themes then new mail comes.

That leads me to believe that the old notification (or its settings) are still working.

PLS advice.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Wetfire wrote:Sorry my mistake... that was corrected. Can you please however give me a hint what to check in order to stop the older notified of overriding your one?

* - At the moment I edited all BoardWatch templates for response. However it still uses the default PHPBB ones.

* - Additionally I have set it to send mail for every post/reply... everything is (zeroes) and yet after first mail.... no newer one are coming. If I visit the themes then new mail comes.

That leads me to believe that the old notification (or its settings) are still working.

PLS advice.
Sounds to me like you didn't make the changes to includes/functins_posting.php that this mod calls for (or perhaps you made them a bit wrong or put them in the wrong place). I suggest you recheck those edits. Is the rest of it working? Can an authorized user see the ucp module this mod adds?

Wetfire

Post by Wetfire »

asinshesq wrote:

OPEN
includes/functions_posting.php
FIND
				// start mod boardwatch (and end mod too)...added the next line
 			$email_template = ($addr['yes_but']) ? $email_template . '_but' : 
$email_template;

$messenger->template($email_template, $addr['lang']);

In my includes/functions_posting.php this whole thing is missing.

Edit post notifications in the ucp is there with all three options avaialbe to the autorised user.

Is there any other way we can arrange that? ICQ, mail? In the end I can post a summary of the issue here.

Thanks in advance for your great help and support on that. :-)
Something I forgot to mention in my posts since I was very very tired.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Wetfire wrote:
asinshesq wrote:

OPEN
includes/functions_posting.php
FIND
				// start mod boardwatch (and end mod too)...added the next line
 			$email_template = ($addr['yes_but']) ? $email_template . '_but' : 
$email_template;

In my includes/functions_posting.php this whole thing is missing.
Are you saying that you missed that part and now that you have put it in it is working fine? Or are you still having trouble with it? If you can't figure out how to make functions_posting.php work, pm me that file (with code tags) and I'll take a look.[/quote]

Wetfire

Post by Wetfire »

Hi again,

Nope I haven't made the changes, since I don't know in which function exactly to past them in. The search string is missing. And NO it is still not working. Perhaps you can provide me by PM or here with the string before which I am supposed to insert that part. Really I am not good at PHP and have no idea to which function, does this belong.

To make things even worse, I actually have less then 5 posts (yet) so I can not PM you :-(
PLS advice.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Wetfire wrote:Hi again,

Nope I haven't made the changes, since I don't know in which function exactly to past them in. The search string is missing. And NO it is still not working. Perhaps you can provide me by PM or here with the string before which I am supposed to insert that part. Really I am not good at PHP and have no idea to which function, does this belong.

To make things even worse, I actually have less then 5 posts (yet) so I can not PM you :-(
PLS advice.
Sorry, I'm not following you. The code you cited does not appear in my mod. The only thing remotely like that is this part of the mod:

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------------
#
				// start mod boardwatch (and end mod too)...added the next line and in the one after, changed
				// $email_template to $boardwatch_template
				$boardwatch_template = ($addr['yes_but']) ? $email_template . '_but' : $email_template;
				$messenger->template($boardwatch_template, $addr['lang']);
If you have no mods installed, I suggest you start from a brand new functions_posting.php and (when you have gotten more sleep ;) ) make the changes the mod has you make to that file. If you want you can just post that file here, but if you haven't made the changes I don't think my listing them again is going to help since the mod already tells you what they are.

paulorton

Post by paulorton »

Problem :- no email notifications being sent out.

Our forum is tiny (just 20 odd members) and extremely quiet. However, those members (myself included) who have kept the default behaviour of notifying all posts made, are receiving nothing, not even notification of new topics starting.

The installation of this mod appeared to go extremely well but clearly something is wrong.

We are using phpBB3.05

Anyone any ideas where to start?
Paul Orton
phpBB 3.0.10

paulorton

Post by paulorton »

I should add that Board Watch is the only mod I have applied to the forum.

After installing the mod I noticed that users couldn't edit their Board Watch preferences (surely it would be better if everyone were given these notification options automatically?) so I put all our members into a user-group so that they could do this in their UCP (I don't know if this is relevant to the problem or not).
Paul Orton
phpBB 3.0.10

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Keep in mind that you do not get notification of your own posts (users only get notifications of other users posts).

Did you install manually or by automod? (Just trying to get a sense as to how likely it is that you made a small error in installation.)

Did you have trouble with members getting email notifications for topics or forums they were watching before installing boardwatch? (Trying to rule out a problem with your email settings that has nothing to do with this mod.)

Go to the 'e-mail settings' in the ACP and take a look at what you have 'e-mail package size' set at. If it is anything other than 0 that can sometimes cause problems (and in any event if it is anything other than 0 it puts emails into a queue rather than sending them immediately and you don't want that on a small board like yours).

I didn't follow your question about putting everyone into a group. The normal approach is to give people permissions to edit their boardwatch settings, and you can do that any way you normally give permissions. For example, you can give global boardwatch setting permission to all registered users, or to any one or more groups (or individuals) in whatever way you want. Does it appear that everyone is able to go to the UCP and edit their boardwatch settings?

If you already have e-mail package size set to 0 and are still having this problem, you probably have an error in the way you edited includes/functions_posting.php. If you can't figure it out, post that file here and I'll take a look at it (but note that I'm leaving on a short trip in an hour or so so I probably won't be able to look at it till tomorrow evening NY time).

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”