Clone post

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Clone post

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Clone post
Author: asinshesq
Modification description: Adds a new "Clone post" link to each post in viewtopic. When clicked, the link allows a user to clone the post over to any forum where the user has posting permission.

A cloned post includes any poll from the original post. An author's note explains how to assure that a cloned post with a survey created by the tabulated survey mod will include that survey.
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.6

Download file: clone_posts_1-0-1.zip
File size: 192.03 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Clone post

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Clone post

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks for validating this, DavidIQ and Paul. Hope people find this of use.
desJaCkAl

Re: Clone post

Post by desJaCkAl »

Just the other day i was thinking how great it would be to have a mod that does that.

I think i installed it successfully, with permissions and everything..however, i can't figure out where to find that Clone Post link in the topic. Where should it appear?
I'm using fisubice2 skin (subsilver2)

Thanks
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

desJaCkAl wrote:Just the other day i was thinking how great it would be to have a mod that does that.

I think i installed it successfully, with permissions and everything..however, i can't figure out where to find that Clone Post link in the topic. Where should it appear?
I'm using fisubice2 skin (subsilver2)
In subsilver2 it appears as a simple 'clone posts' link at the bottom left side of the post itself (at the same level as you will find the delete and report post icons).

Are you sure you edited the fisubice2 files and not just the subsilver2 files?

Other things to check:

- did you go to the acp and refresh the fisubice2 template

- are you sure you granted yourself (whatever username you are using or a group that that user is a member of) permission to clone in the forum in question?

If you think you granted permissions in the forum in question but you still don't see the link, try this:
  • go to the acp, click permissions and then click 'View forum-based permissions' (bottom left of the screen)
  • select the forum you want to test
  • in the look up user blank, type in the username you are trying to test and click 'view permissions'
  • confirm that it says that user has rights to clone posts in that forum (and if it doesn't, click the little link that is immediately to the left of 'can clone posts' and that will trace what is going on with that user's permissions)
desJaCkAl

Post by desJaCkAl »

Firstly, thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, nothing worked. I checked and double checked all what you mentioned above. The thing is, when i chose to view forum-based permissions, it showed the clone post part as red, hence marked NEVER. But when I clicked the trace icon, the window that popped up showed it was marked YES.

I have no idea what's the deal here.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

desJaCkAl wrote:Firstly, thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, nothing worked. I checked and double checked all what you mentioned above. The thing is, when i chose to view forum-based permissions, it showed the clone post part as red, hence marked NEVER. But when I clicked the trace icon, the window that popped up showed it was marked YES.

I have no idea what's the deal here.
Are you saying the trace result that appears at the very bottom of the trace - the line that is labeled 'Trace Result' - says yes next to 'resulting permission''? Did you check for the user himself (not a group)?

Is it possible that you installed the permissions twice? Can you use phpmyadmin to check the phpbb_acl_options table and make sure that there is only one entry for f_clone?
desJaCkAl

Post by desJaCkAl »

Yes, the trace result is YES..for both, group and user.

As for the database:
f_clone
and
f_clone_in_postername
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

desJaCkAl wrote:Yes, the trace result is YES..for both, group and user.

As for the database:
f_clone
and
f_clone_in_postername
As an experiment (just to see if everything except for your permission is working), try this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if ($auth->acl_get('f_clone', $forum_id))

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
if ($auth->acl_get('f_post', $forum_id))

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
		'U_CLONE_POST'		=> ($auth->acl_get('f_clone', $forum_id)) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clone.$phpEx", 'p=' . $row['post_id'] . '&f=' . $forum_id) : '',

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
		'U_CLONE_POST'		=> ($auth->acl_get('f_post', $forum_id)) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clone.$phpEx", 'p=' . $row['post_id'] . '&f=' . $forum_id) : '',
With those changes, the link should show up in every post where the user is allowed to post. Let me know if that works and we'll take it from there,
desJaCkAl

Post by desJaCkAl »

Ok now it works, so the problem is with the permissions at my end? they aren't set up correctly?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

desJaCkAl wrote:Ok now it works, so the problem is with the permissions at my end? they aren't set up correctly?
Yup, you've got a permission problem. Out of curiosity, when you clone does it give you the option to post in the original user's name?
desJaCkAl

Post by desJaCkAl »

Nope it doesn't.

Thank you for your support, i'll try and figure out that permissions thing.

Great mod :)
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Ok, let me know if you figure it out so that I will know what's up the next time someone runs into this problem.
steveorg

Post by steveorg »

I'm not sure this meets my requirements exactly, but it seems close. Can it be configured in a way that the user is restricted to one sub-category for each category? For example, a restaurant related forum could have these categories and sub-categories:

Cuisine --> Italian
Price --> Expensive
State --> California

Thanks,
Steve
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

steveorg wrote:I'm not sure this meets my requirements exactly, but it seems close. Can it be configured in a way that the user is restricted to one sub-category for each category? For example, a restaurant related forum could have these categories and sub-categories:

Cuisine --> Italian
Price --> Expensive
State --> California

Thanks,
Steve
I don't understand what you mean by restricting a user to one 'sub-categoory' for each 'category'. Are you saying that if a user clones a post in a forum called 'cuisine" he should only be able to select 'italian' as the subforum target to clone it to'?

The mod allows each user who has permission to clone posts in a given forum to clone them to ANY forum he has permission to post in. You could re-write the code that specifies the target forum so that it only shows one forum (rather than any forum the user is allowed to post to), but you would then need to store in the database for each forum the sole subforum that can be a target for clones from that forum and the code would then have to look that up and just show that forum as a target. That can all be done if you know your way around php, but I don't plan to write that code because I really don't need it for my forums.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”