easyPortal

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Alxor

Re: easyPortal

Post by Alxor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:37 am

Wow Noxwizard, you got this mod out quick!!!
I have been jumping around forum software and this mod has definitely drawn me back. I gotta set a test site up for this! :lol:
SC2Nation.com - StarCraft 2 Forum

LaetusAtheos

Post by LaetusAtheos » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Noxwizard wrote:I've added a screenshot: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9229895
thank you.

satandream

Post by satandream » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm

What i liked about easyportal back in early days was scroll of latest posts, is this option in this release?

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:36 pm

For prosilver, change:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN recent_topic_row -->
					<li>&raquo; <a href="{recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}">{recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
					by {recent_topic_row.U_POSTER} on {recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}</li>
				<!-- END recent_topic_row -->
to

<marquee id="recent_topics" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="200" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2">
					<li onMouseOver="document.all.recent_topics.stop()" onMouseOut="document.all.recent_topics.start()">&raquo; <a href="{recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}">{recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
					by {recent_topic_row.U_POSTER} on {recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}</li>
				</marquee>
For subsilver2, change:

&raquo; <a href="{recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}">{recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
							by {recent_topic_row.U_POSTER} on {recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />
to

<marquee id="recent_topics" behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="200" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2">
							&raquo; <a href="{recent_topic_row.U_TITLE}" onMouseOver="document.all.recent_topics.stop()" onMouseOut="document.all.recent_topics.start()">{recent_topic_row.L_TITLE}</a><br />
							by {recent_topic_row.U_POSTER} on {recent_topic_row.S_POSTTIME}<br /><br />
						</marquee>
This adds elements that are not XHTML valid, if that matters to you.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

.exe

Post by .exe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Hello Chaps

I have just finished installing easyportal and am very impressed at how easy the installation was.

However, I am having a few teething problems....and my .php is very amateurish at the moment as I am still learning.

1. The default logo link (top left) doesn't by default take you back to the portal page but instead takes you to the forum index. How do I change this?

2. The above error also happens with both the navigation bar and footer links. I have seen in other guides how to change these in both the overall_header.html and overall_footer.html files but they seem to use alot of constants to do the leg work. Specifically id like to change "Board index" to something else and maybe add some more links.

3, It would be really cool if you could demonstrate how to add more boxes and support xhtml or BBC in them. I have tried putting both into the Welcome box as a test but its not being recognised and it would be good to be able to customise content in this way.

I have tried researching my first two questions but I would prefer to hear your answers as you are all using the same setup.

I am using the prosilver style, PHP 4 and MySQL 5.

.exe

John Myers

Post by John Myers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 am

A very nice addition! Though I must ask, where are the links pulled from? I would like to add several links in the link box, but haven't found where to add those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 am

.exe wrote:Hello Chaps

I have just finished installing easyportal and am very impressed at how easy the installation was.

However, I am having a few teething problems....and my .php is very amateurish at the moment as I am still learning.

1. The default logo link (top left) doesn't by default take you back to the portal page but instead takes you to the forum index. How do I change this?

2. The above error also happens with both the navigation bar and footer links. I have seen in other guides how to change these in both the overall_header.html and overall_footer.html files but they seem to use alot of constants to do the leg work. Specifically id like to change "Board index" to something else and maybe add some more links.

3, It would be really cool if you could demonstrate how to add more boxes and support xhtml or BBC in them. I have tried putting both into the Welcome box as a test but its not being recognised and it would be good to be able to customise content in this way.

I have tried researching my first two questions but I would prefer to hear your answers as you are all using the same setup.

I am using the prosilver style, PHP 4 and MySQL 5.

.exe
For 1 and 2, you just need to purge the cache. For 3, you just copy/paste the boxes where you need them. As for the welcome message, I don't really plan to allow HTML or BBCodes. BBCodes cannot be added since I store the data in the config table, so there is no place to store the bbcode uid without making another field.

A basic prosilver box:

<div class="forabg">
	<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
	<ul class="topiclist">
		<li class="header">
			<dl class="icon">
				<dt>{L_WELCOME}</dt>
			</dl>
		</li>
	</ul>
	<ul class="topiclist forums" style="padding: 0.05cm">
		<li>
			Your HTML
		</li>
	</ul>
	<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
</div>

John Myers wrote:A very nice addition! Though I must ask, where are the links pulled from? I would like to add several links in the link box, but haven't found where to add those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Like the original, links are in the template file. Look for {L_LINKS} and that will put you in the right place.

.exe

Post by .exe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 am

OK thats beginning to get clearer and you totally saved me alot of effort just by purging the cache...:D

What file are all the containers stored in? Should be fine with what you provided just need a map :lol:

I'd like to alter the links container also so i presume this would be the same location as above.

Thankyou VERY much Nox!!!

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 pm

styles/{your_style}/template/portal_body.html

.exe

Post by .exe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Ok been fiddling with this now and am beginning to get some nice results...

<ul class="topiclist forums" style="padding: 0.05cm">
			<li>
				{WELCOME_MESSAGE}
			</li
I may try injecting some HTML here as that would get an image displayed without a massive headache.

Where are the constants being declared (I wasnt joking about being new to PHP) :oops:

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:40 am

The template variables are in portal.php.

'WELCOME_MESSAGE'	=> bbcode_nl2br($config['easyportal_welcome']),

fruitflyer

Post by fruitflyer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:03 am

Hi and thank you very much for this very sexy and easy-to-use mod.

1. It seems to be working well, however, I noticed that on my portal the font for the poll box is much larger than the rest and the formatting is a bit crazy. Is there something I can tweak to make it look the same as the rest of the portal? (I see that on the template page the fields for the poll box are disproportionately larger as well?)

2. Also, in the announcements box is it possible to show an image? I placed an image in the forum that was marked for the announcement box and although all the text came through the image appeared as a url rather than image. Is it possible to put any images in any of the boxes? Well I guess it is as you have one in the links box, but I guess that is static rather than being populated by the forum.

Thank you. Tis very good mod.

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:37 pm

1. You'll just have to mess with the styling in portal_body.html to make it how you like. I just used the stock classes for the poll (ie. author, voted, etc..).

2. If you've set the portal to trim announcements, then bbcodes are stripped out, regardless of the formatting options. If you want the image to show up, you will need to set the announcement length to zero.

fruitflyer

Post by fruitflyer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 pm

1. thanks will try that.
2. perfect. looks great with images.
cheers

.exe

Post by .exe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:59 am

Hello Guys

Seems odd but im no longer able to adjust the width of the board:

#wrap {
	padding: 0 20px;
	min-width: 650px;
}
Adding in the following yields no change....

width: 914px;
Also tried purging the cache but nothing seems to be working so I presume this is being overriden by something else.....cant seem to find what though.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”