Advanced Visual Anti Bot

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Tom_in_AZ

Re: Advanced Visual Anti Bot

Post by Tom_in_AZ »

Hello,
I just installed this mod, and it worked on the first time. It is a super simple install, and I am very happy with the outcome so far. I will report back in a few days to see if the spam bots are breaking through it.
Thank you!!
Tom
cornnfedd

Post by cornnfedd »

i have just installed this mod also, very easy, i hope it works!

will let you know, but I am being smashed with bots and spammers at the moment! :mrgreen:
Mazda Rotary Videos Online Free braptv.com
J_M

Post by J_M »

many thanks!

install was painless, and after 24hours no intruders...
Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge »

I've installed next to this mod the Anti-Spam ACP mod from EXreacion and with this mod i placed the captcha in front the registration progress, now bots don't even bother to register because i don't see any registration attempts anymore from them in my logs :D
Another great advantage is that this mod changes the captcha board wide, so guest post is again a possibility and the contact form mod from eviL<3 isn't spammed anymore.

So this mod (in conjunction with the anti spam mod) stops bots dead in their tracks. 8-)
Dan27
I've Been Banned!

Post by Dan27 »

It is a great MOD, and the pictures look really nice! :D
Dan - Registered user.
Click here to visit my forum.
Cr00zng

Post by Cr00zng »

It's a great MOD and really easy to install; thanks...

I just have one question about the "grid" that's been laid over the picture. If I create my own images, is it necessary to use the "grid"?
TIA...

Cr00zng
Topher

Post by Topher »

Thank you for this mod. It works fantastic! I installed it 12 hours ago and haven't had a single spam registration, not even inactive ones. I had been getting about 5 active spam registrations a day and about 50 inactive spam registrations. Now not a single one.

Before I had foreground and background noise turned on so much that the characters couldn't even be seen by humans. Now I turned OFF the foreground noise (the "grid") and the characters are perfectly legible, yet the bots can't seem to be able to read them now... I'm sure it won't be perfect, but I am very happy to have this.

Thank you!

Chris
Cr00zng

Post by Cr00zng »

Topher wrote:.....
Before I had foreground and background noise turned on so much that the characters couldn't even be seen by humans. Now I turned OFF the foreground noise (the "grid") and the characters are perfectly legible, yet the bots can't seem to be able to read them now... I'm sure it won't be perfect, but I am very happy to have this.
Thanks Topher, phpbb does have the option to turn on and off the the "GD CAPTCHA foreground noise:", which I didn't know. Changing it had no effect on my 3.0.4 board, maybe I am missing something along the line...

Reducing the "GD CAPTCHA background noise y-axis" and "GD CAPTCHA background noise x-axis" to zero on the other hand does the trick.

Cr00zng
J-Slade

Post by J-Slade »

Thank you so much for this mod. Installation was a breeze!

So far it has been 2 hours and by now at least a few spambots would have registered but with this mod I am getting zero spambots so far.

Will report back in a few days time.
Everything Happens for a Reason........ It Always Has.
2by2host

Post by 2by2host »

Thank you for a great mod! This idea is awesome and works very well.
We made some little adjustments to your mod to make it even more handy:

Move images to their "native" place:

Move: root/includes/captcha/*.jpg
To: root/images/captcha/*.jpg

Let the mod work regardless of the names and number of the images (but they still will have to be .jpg 360x96). Also make it work even if there are no images at all:

Open: includes/captcha/captcha_gd.php

Find

Code: Select all

$img = imagecreatefromjpeg($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/captcha/bg' . mt_rand(0,9) . '.jpg');
Replace With

Code: Select all

$img = (($avantibot_images = glob($phpbb_root_path . 'images/captcha/*.jpg')) ? imagecreatefromjpeg($avantibot_images[array_rand($avantibot_images)]) : imagecreatetruecolor($this->width, $this->height));
We really hope this was useful.
mgoi

Post by mgoi »

Thanks. testing it now
ramble2

Post by ramble2 »

Thanks for the mod. I've had about 100 spammers register over the last two days, but haven't had a single one in the last couple of hours since I've installed this. I'll see how things go moving forward, but am very thankful and hopeful!
pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

I'm having the same problems as some other people have had.
I've done the mod, and I've added the images to the folder etc, but it's still looking at the old captcha images which is just a plain colour background with the text on it, rather than the one of the images...

How have others sorted this?
BbGecko

Post by BbGecko »

I've had this installed for 4 days and not a single false registration. Thank You So Much! a must have mod! and it really improves the look of the captcha making it more read-able for legit users! :D
Niedermayer

Post by Niedermayer »

Great mod! Very simple and easy to install. I've missed something like this after using "Better captcha" on a 2.x board. Hopefully it will reduce bot registration.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”