phpBB Mood Swings

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Xanta Media

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Post by Xanta Media » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 am

mondowin wrote:Now I've also replaced the backup version of "memberlist.php" due a problem after the installation (and disinstallation) of Swing Mood Mod...

A litte disaster :oops:
There should be no portion of this mod that would cause an error like that unless there is a conflict with another mod, but this mod should not conflict with anything.

ijhtio

Post by ijhtio » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 am

Xanta Media wrote:
bookboarder wrote:Any tips on where I could find some graphics similar to the ones you used?
The ones I used I got from: http://www.rokey.net/?page_id=24

exactly what I was looking for...although I will have to work on the files to make it similar to what you have given... :shock:
regards,
ijhtio

mondowin

Post by mondowin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Xanta Media wrote: There should be no portion of this mod that would cause an error like that unless there is a conflict with another mod, but this mod should not conflict with anything.
I don't know... but what I'll do will be modify all files by my hands one of the next days...

But what is very strange is that after the installation with automod i had that error "500" trying to open install.php :(

The only other mod I'm already using on my board is "Custom title mod", installed without automod, infact I've installed automod this moring.
Blogzine and forum about informatics and technology, for italian speaking people.

www.mondowin.com

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 pm

mondowin wrote:
Xanta Media wrote: There should be no portion of this mod that would cause an error like that unless there is a conflict with another mod, but this mod should not conflict with anything.
I don't know... but what I'll do will be modify all files by my hands one of the next days...

But what is very strange is that after the installation with automod i had that error "500" trying to open install.php :(

The only other mod I'm already using on my board is "Custom title mod", installed without automod, infact I've installed automod this moring.
Although I have tested this mod with AutoMod it always best to install mods by hand, well I think so anyway.

Also it might be a good ideal to install on a local test server first just to check there isn't a problem with your server setup.

Spaniel

Post by Spaniel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Xanta Media wrote:
Spaniel wrote:This Mod works and I get no error messages, however there are no settings in the Board Features section so I can't change from text to smiley.

What has AutoMod missed? ;)
Did you run the installer?
Yes, I ran the installer, it told me everything was successful and I got no error messages at all. I added the field to the custom profile section but get nothing under Board Features :?

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:14 am

Could you post a link to your forum.

roBBx

Post by roBBx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks for this mod Xanta Media, it works fine for me. Can you tell us please where we can find the instructions of ucp preview?

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 pm

roBBx wrote:Thanks for this mod Xanta Media, it works fine for me. Can you tell us please where we can find the instructions of ucp preview?
I'll post tthem up on the blog soon.

Spaniel

Post by Spaniel » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

I re-installed this and it works perfectly - I musta done something wrong the first time. Thanks for a great mod :D

roBBx

Post by roBBx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Xanta Media wrote:I'll post tthem up on the blog soon.
Thanks a lot, it works perfect. :)

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 pm

roBBx wrote:
Xanta Media wrote:I'll post tthem up on the blog soon.
Thanks a lot, it works perfect. :)
Thanks again roBBx ;)

Valace

Post by Valace » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Great MOD, had it working for some now on my forum and its been a total success.

However I am trying to install other MOD Contact Board Admin and its coursing a conflict with yours.

RMcGirr83 says and I quote:
It's a conflict with another mod, specifically some mood mod. Ask the author of the mood mod for guidance, shouldn't be difficult at all, IMHO
He says its on the following line that course the problems in fuctions_posting.php

Code: Select all

function submit_post($mode, $subject, $mood, $username, $topic_type, &$poll, &$data, $update_message = true)
I would be very greatfull for any help.

Thanks in advance
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Valace wrote:Great MOD, had it working for some now on my forum and its been a total success.

However I am trying to install other MOD Contact Board Admin and its coursing a conflict with yours.

RMcGirr83 says and I quote:
It's a conflict with another mod, specifically some mood mod. Ask the author of the mood mod for guidance, shouldn't be difficult at all, IMHO
He says its on the following line that course the problems in fuctions_posting.php

Code: Select all

function submit_post($mode, $subject, $mood, $username, $topic_type, &$poll, &$data, $update_message = true)
I would be very greatfull for any help.

Thanks in advance
Are you sure you are using my mood mod? My mod does not make any changes to the submit_post function so that line is not changed when installing my mod.

Valace

Post by Valace » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:52 pm

You know I going to feel VERY silly if it is not your MOD :oops:

It was install by other admin user on my forum who pointed me to your mod. I will now go back and check with him, sorry if I have wasted your time if this is the case.

p.s may be I should remove it and install yours :lol:
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc

kevinsubba

Post by kevinsubba » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 am

Hi,
I have installed it but when i go to "Board Features" but there is no section called "Mood Swing Settings", but i i go to "USERS AND GROUPS" then there is one option called "phpBB Mood Swings". I have attached screen-shot of the both options.

Board Features
Board Features
Board Features
' - forum_annanta_com_adm_index_php_sid=17278a0dc4af404783be9dc115984abf&i=board&mode=features.jpg (131.08 KiB) Viewed 245 times
USERS AND GROUPS
USERS AND GROUPS
USERS AND GROUPS
untitled.JPG (49.15 KiB) Viewed 245 times
If there any other way to display Mood Swing Settings in Board Features?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”