phpBB Mood Swings

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
sixtvs

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Post by sixtvs » Sat May 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Installed. Sweet. Awesome. Thank you . . . eeeer . . . is there a default mood by chance?
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!

pfraites

Post by pfraites » Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 am

I installed everything as like the instructions said. When I try to set a mood a profile an error occurs.

Error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_gender' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_icq = '', user_aim = '', user_msnm = '', user_yim = '', user_jabber = '', user_website = '', user_from = '', user_occ = '', user_interests = '', user_gender = NULL, user_notify_type = 2, user_mood = '2', user_birthday = ' 0- 0- 0' WHERE user_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php
LINE: 417
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_profile->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 320
CALL: p_master->load_active()
I did try to install the Gender mod but i couldnt make the DATABASE changes.... any idea or should i just unistall both and re install the mood mod

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 2:27 am

sixtvs wrote:
Xanta Media wrote:
Aurora Primavera wrote:Hm, another question. lol.

If I wanted to change the position of where the mood shows up when viewing a topic - how would I go about doing that? Right now it shows right below the Posts: and I want to move it to go above that.
In viewtopic.html

Move:

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_MOOD --><dd><strong>{L_MOOD}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_MOOD}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Above:

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_POSTS}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_POSTS}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Basically just switch them around. And don't forget to clear the template cache after.
You meant viewtopic_body.html right?
Yes, viewtopic_body.html

rayminator
Name: raymond green

Post by rayminator » Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 am

hi there i am having on problem i am get this in the profile and topic

{ MOOD }:
{ MOOD_EXPLAIN }

yes i have checked all files to see is installed right

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 3:06 am

rayminator wrote:hi there i am having on problem i am get this in the profile and topic

{ MOOD }:
{ MOOD_EXPLAIN }

If you have already checked the edits then you have not uploaded all the files, mainly the language file.

rayminator

Post by rayminator » Sun May 24, 2009 3:13 am

Xanta Media wrote:
rayminator wrote:hi there i am having on problem i am get this in the profile and topic

{ MOOD }:
{ MOOD_EXPLAIN }

If you have already checked the edits then you have not uploaded all the files, mainly the language file.
i have did it about 5 times

// Add own hook handler
require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/index.' . $phpEx);
$phpbb_hook = new phpbb_hook(array('exit_handler', 'phpbb_user_session_handler', 'append_sid', array('template', 'display')));

foreach ($cache->obtain_hooks() as $hook)
{
	@include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/' . $hook . '.' . $phpEx);
}

//Begin: Mood Swing
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'MOOD'			=> 'Mood',
	'MOOD_EXPLAIN'	=> 'How do you feel today?',
));
//End: Mood Swing

?>

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 3:16 am

What file is that the you have posted the code from?

rayminator

Post by rayminator » Sun May 24, 2009 3:18 am

never mind i got it to work

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Sun May 24, 2009 3:48 am

Just a suggestion on a wonderful mod: would it be possible in the future, that the mood be changed by the user right on the topic list itself instead of having to go to the UCP? They would be able to change it right there under their avatar. Also, how about a default setting?
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 3:55 am

sixtvs wrote:Just a suggestion on a wonderful mod: would it be possible in the future, that the mood be changed by the user right on the topic list itself instead of having to go to the UCP? They would be able to change it right there under their avatar. Also, how about a default setting?
That has been asked before and would require AJAX which would be overkill for this mod.

I was going to add a default mood but then decided against it. If you want to have a default mood on your board you can easily do this in phpMyAdmin, just change the user_mood column in the users table, currently it has a default of 0 just change that to the id of the mood you want as default.

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Sun May 24, 2009 4:06 am

Xanta Media wrote:That has been asked before and would require AJAX which would be overkill for this mod.
So that was what that was all about some pages back. I was speed reading. :D
Xanta Media wrote:I was going to add a default mood but then decided against it. If you want to have a default mood on your board you can easily do this in phpMyAdmin, just change the user_mood column in the users table, currently it has a default of 0 just change that to the id of the mood you want as default.
You mean for all the users?? :o

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 4:09 am

By default setting do you mean that when a new user registers then a default mood will be set for them?

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Sun May 24, 2009 4:15 am

Xanta Media wrote:By default setting do you mean that when a new user registers then a default mood will be set for them?
Yes. That would really be awesome

The Robot

Post by The Robot » Sun May 24, 2009 4:20 am

Is it inside the scope of this project to add a setting for users to have their moods applied retroactively or with new posts?

If I am mad on the day of posting, that post would be stuck with mad mood forever and any new posts by said user would be whatever their mood is at that moment.

Just asking.

Xanta Media

Post by Xanta Media » Sun May 24, 2009 5:46 am

sixtvs wrote:
Xanta Media wrote:By default setting do you mean that when a new user registers then a default mood will be set for them?
Yes. That would really be awesome
In that case do what I said before. I'm not saying change the value for all users, do this:

Go into phpMyAdmin and select your database.
On the left column select phpbb_users.
Click the Structure tab at the top (this is normaly the default tab)
Scroll down to the user_mood field and click edit (the pencil icon)
You will see that it has a default value of 0, change that to the id of the mood you want as default.

Now when a new user registers they will be assigned that mood, it won't effect curent users.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”