Page 11 of 26

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:49 am
by Xanta Media
The Robot wrote:Is it inside the scope of this project to add a setting for users to have their moods applied retroactively or with new posts?

If I am mad on the day of posting, that post would be stuck with mad mood forever and any new posts by said user would be whatever their mood is at that moment.

Just asking.
That would be possible but not with this mod, it would require a complete re-write.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:14 pm
by sixtvs
Xanta Media wrote:
sixtvs wrote:
Xanta Media wrote:By default setting do you mean that when a new user registers then a default mood will be set for them?
Yes. That would really be awesome
In that case do what I said before. I'm not saying change the value for all users, do this:

Go into phpMyAdmin and select your database.
On the left column select phpbb_users.
Click the Structure tab at the top (this is normaly the default tab)
Scroll down to the user_mood field and click edit (the pencil icon)
You will see that it has a default value of 0, change that to the id of the mood you want as default.

Now when a new user registers they will be assigned that mood, it won't effect curent users.
Thank you once again. Done deal. ;) BTW, my members are loving it!

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 pm
by Dan27
I have decided to hold a vote (poll) on my forum to see if users want this MOD on but I think
that they will :) So I should have this on soon enough :)

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:56 am
by CoralCDA
Quick question, as I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and it's probably a simple fix. I downloaded the version off of page 1 on this thread. Uploaded and installed using AutoMod. I've cleared the cache, but still don't have anything on my ACP under Board Features. The AutoMod tab shows that it's installed and I didn't have any error messages.

Any thoughts?

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:01 am
by Xanta Media
CoralCDA wrote:Quick question, as I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and it's probably a simple fix. I downloaded the version off of page 1 on this thread. Uploaded and installed using AutoMod. I've cleared the cache, but still don't have anything on my ACP under Board Features. The AutoMod tab shows that it's installed and I didn't have any error messages.

Any thoughts?
Did you run the installer after using Automod?

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:51 am
by CoralCDA
Apparently not. :) However, I'm not sure where to find it. My board is still working fine. I don't seem to have a file at http://www.mydomain.com/forum/install.php. Where do I located the installer?

Thanks again!

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 am
by ogzblgnr
Hello,
Is there a way to clone this mod and change it as 'favourite soccer team'?
I mean, if I duplicate all codes of this mod and make some language changings, can I have another mood function?

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:03 am
by Dan27
You could just a custom profile field that was a drop down box for that you know ;)

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:35 am
by ogzblgnr
I know, but I want images :D

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm
by sixtvs
CoralCDA wrote:Apparently not. :) However, I'm not sure where to find it. My board is still working fine. I don't seem to have a file at http://www.mydomain.com/forum/install.php. Where do I located the installer?

Thanks again!
Upload the install.php file to the root of your website and point to it.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:46 pm
by Xanta Media
sixtvs wrote:
CoralCDA wrote:Apparently not. :) However, I'm not sure where to find it. My board is still working fine. I don't seem to have a file at http://www.mydomain.com/forum/install.php. Where do I located the installer?

Thanks again!
Upload the install.php file to the root of your website and point to it.
You also need to upload the folder called UMIL aswell or the installer won't work.

When installing using Automod this should be done for you, if it isn't there then the mod didn't install properly.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm
by Xanta Media
ogzblgnr wrote:Hello,
Is there a way to clone this mod and change it as 'favourite soccer team'?
I mean, if I duplicate all codes of this mod and make some language changings, can I have another mood function?
Yes this is possible, infact I know of a user that has altered the mod to use it as a country flag mod.

You need to change quite a few things though if you want to run the 2 mods along side each other.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:58 pm
by Dan27
I have just put this MOD on and it is great! :D

I have used some smilies found in the Style Database :)

IS it possible though, because I have mine set to both that is says this:

Code: Select all

Mood: Happy
[Picture here]
So I have it like above, because at the moment it is:

Code: Select all

Mood: [Picture here] Happy
Thanks, Dan.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:06 pm
by Xanta Media
Dan27 wrote:I have just put this MOD on and it is great! :D

I have used some smilies found in the Style Database :)

IS it possible though, because I have mine set to both that is says this:

Code: Select all

Mood: Happy
[Picture here]
So I have it like above, because at the moment it is:

Code: Select all

Mood: [Picture here] Happy
Thanks, Dan.
Yes that is possible, it will need a change in the functions file. I will take a look in a bit and paste in the code for you.

Re: phpBB Mood Swings

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:09 am
by Abera
This is what I get. I can not install, nor uninstall. Now what? I used Automod and then ran the install.php that took it to UMIL . It says that it installed, but it didn't and Automod said it did.


phpBB Mood Swings
PHP Version: 5.2.9
DBMS: MySQL(i) 5.0.75-community-log
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.4

Test images inserted.
SQL ERROR Table 'g_phpbb.MOODS_DATA_TABLE' doesn't exist