Disallow links before x posts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Re: Disallow links before x posts

Post by tumba25 »

glinjunk wrote:Just installed this mod but when I went to the post setting screen the setting for the number of post is not shown. I have purged the cache multiple times. When I installed this on my test server at home I am able to configure the post number. I have installed the mod with AutoMod.
Recheck the edits in includes/acp/acp_board.php.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
ballz187

Post by ballz187 »

How you guys doing, Love the mod, having one problem though.
I keep getting a syntax error on the posting.php and don't know why. Got a syntax error with the message_parser.php but i fixed it, it was missing a ) at the end.
If anyone can help that would be great.

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND in /home/content/b/a/l/ballz/html/forum/posting.php on line 484
thats the error im getting.
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

It would help if you gave the row php is complaining about to. And some 5 rows before and after.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
ballz187

Post by ballz187 »

$bbcode_status	= ($config['allow_bbcode'] && $auth->acl_get('f_bbcode', $forum_id)) ? true : false;
$smilies_status	= ($bbcode_status && $config['allow_smilies'] && $auth->acl_get('f_smilies', $forum_id)) ? true : false;
$img_status		= ($bbcode_status && $auth->acl_get('f_img', $forum_id)) ? true : false;
$url_status		= ($config['allow_post_links']) ? true : false;  && ($user->data['user_posts'] >= $config['links_after_num_posts'] || $auth->acl_get('m_', $forum_id))
$flash_status	= ($bbcode_status && $auth->acl_get('f_flash', $forum_id) && $config['allow_post_flash']) ? true : false;
$quote_status	= ($auth->acl_get('f_reply', $forum_id)) ? true : false;
im having a problem with the line that starts with $url_status. Thats the one we have to edit as per the instructions in the install.xml about posting.php. If someone has used this and can grab me the exact code they have in their posting php.
tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 »

$url_status      = ($config['allow_post_links'] && ($user->data['user_posts'] >= $config['links_after_num_posts'] || $auth->acl_get('m_', $forum_id))) ? true : false;
You should read the instructions more carefully.

Edit: That is the correct line
ballz187

Post by ballz187 »

Thanx for the help, that in-line stuff always confuses me.
robbaker

Post by robbaker »

Hey thanks for the MOD, excellent idea. Big-time spam discouragement. I'm just curious before I install (looks like an easy install), would you happen to know whether or not this MOD will block the links put in by the th23Autolinks MOD?
Thanks again. Great MOD!
sivyer2081

Post by sivyer2081 »

Is it possible to only use this in a particular forum, ie not apply it to all posts only posts in a specific foum or category? If so how?

Thanks!
PinoyEngine™

Post by PinoyEngine™ »

Hello tumba! This MOD really rocks!

I just want to know if there is a possibility that you can add add these feature.

Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a group.
Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a user before x posts and after x days of forum membership?

Thanks in advance and more power.
Peetra

Post by Peetra »

robbaker wrote:would you happen to know whether or not this MOD will block the links put in by the th23Autolinks MOD?
No idea. But if you try it, please tell me.
sivyer2081 wrote:Is it possible to only use this in a particular forum, ie not apply it to all posts only posts in a specific foum or category? If so how?
No, this is a global setting. That is somewhat out of the scope for this MOD. This MOD is meant to be a quick fix to prevent spam.
PinoyEngine™ wrote:Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a group.
Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a user before x posts and after x days of forum membership?
I have been thinking about the first one for a possible update for this MOD. But need to think about the days.

/tumba25
I am so hooked on bubbles, that I made a Bubble Witch Saga WP-site! Most addictive game since Tetris!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

PinoyEngine™ wrote: Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a group.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1544945
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
PinoyEngine™

Post by PinoyEngine™ »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
PinoyEngine™ wrote: Authorized for URLS can be permitted in a group.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1544945
You're such a genius. It even took me so long which should I install, or should I install both, luckily I installed the Authorized for URLs MOD first, I am satisfied with your Mod RMcGirr83! Thanks.
Dan27
I've Been Banned!

Post by Dan27 »

I think this is a great MOD :) I might put it on later, thanks :D
Dan - Registered user.
Click here to visit my forum.
robbaker

Post by robbaker »

Excellent. Got it installed very easily. Huge thanks to those who took the time to develop such an stellar mod. The spammers can kiss it now.

@Peetra: As far as the th23 autolinks go, this Mod does not affect those. Users can not use the "url" bbcode in their links, and web addresses are not parsed, but the th23 autolinks still appear in the posts. Nice!
seanb2

Post by seanb2 »

I use this mod for spam protection. I have the limit set at 2, so as long as somone's not a BOT, after a couple posts they're treated like a real person.

However IIRC, a similar mod for phpbb2 actually prevented an offending post from being submitted. To the poster it looked like they'd made a post, but it was nowhere to be seen in the forum.

Is it possible to do this with this mod? It seems like this one just posts the link, but as plain text, which won't prevent SE hit bot's from using your site.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”