Phpbb Primetime

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
therat

Re: Phpbb Primetime

Post by therat »

I have the Advertisement Management and am trying to create a custom block to show an advert. I have created the new ad position, {AD9}, but when you put this code in the block you only see the text.

Is there a way of getting the custom block to show the advert instead of just the entered text?
Also is there any way of running this outside the forum root?
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

@Bogey: I'm gonna guess like you said it's probably from a mod you've installed. I will say though that the time it takes to install is well beyond worth doing for everything that PT can do for your forums.

@therat: (Before I say anything, I do not know the full technicalities but only the basic gist of how PT works) From what I understand, the blocks are using their own function files and so some of the other mods won't work as intended when injected into a PT block. What I can suggest is to just simply use a Custom Block and put your advertisement directly into that instead of going third party through the Advertisement Management mod (which for the record I also use and it is an excellent mod in it's own right).
This account is inactive. Have a nice day.
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Jaifaime wrote:@Bogey: I'm gonna guess like you said it's probably from a mod you've installed. I will say though that the time it takes to install is well beyond worth doing for everything that PT can do for your forums
I already have a blog mod installed. I could install board3portal and have some blog posts there.
urednik

Post by urednik »

I nearly install RC6 , but when I run INSTALL, inthe end in the "finis" action, there is error.
error is in included/functions.php, line 3552

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /domains/borovnica.eu/public_html/phpbb31/modules/categories/blocks/blocks_info.php:1) in /domains/borovnica.eu/public_html/phpbb31/includes/functions.php on line 3543
Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE pid = 1' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_block_positions SET xmodules = WHERE pid = 1

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 1523
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 367
CALL: cms_install_sample_blocks()
Installed was with AUTOMOD on vanilla phpbb version 3.0.6

In the ACP there is existiong primetime, but to turni it ON is impossible.
Also there is notice, that I run version 1.0.0 and not RC6, I install. ...

Any tip ?
Last edited by urednik on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitze

Post by Blitze »

Bogey wrote:The latest version has a lot of code finds that don't exist on my PHP files...

Like the following code find you have:

$fileinfo = $this->get_module_infos($module_basename);
Is really:

$fileinfo = $this->get_module_infos($module_basename, false, $module_dir);
on my PHP file... could be from a few mods I installed, but I don't want to manually go through every edit... there are so much :shock: (I'm using AutoMOD).
Hello Bogey,

Your posts suggest that you made code changes for primetime 1.0.0, then at my advice you then tried to install 1.0.1-RC6 but it seems to me that you did not undo the 1.0.0 changes before trying to install RC6. I know this because

is a primetime edit. The original find for phpbb 3.0.6 is indeed

then inline find

$module_basename
inline add after

, false, $module_dir
is the code change by primeime.

You can choose to follow the update instructions found in the contrib folder if you don't want to undo the 1.0.0 file edits but that could be a pain. Your best bet is to make sure you remove all the code edits for 1.0.0, then install RC6.

Hope that helped :)
My Extensions: phpBB SiteMaker
therat

Post by therat »

Jaifaime wrote:@therat: (Before I say anything, I do not know the full technicalities but only the basic gist of how PT works) From what I understand, the blocks are using their own function files and so some of the other mods won't work as intended when injected into a PT block. What I can suggest is to just simply use a Custom Block and put your advertisement directly into that instead of going third party through the Advertisement Management mod (which for the record I also use and it is an excellent mod in it's own right).
Thanks, I'll have a play and see what I come up with.
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Blitze wrote:
Bogey wrote:The latest version has a lot of code finds that don't exist on my PHP files...

Like the following code find you have:

Is really:

on my PHP file... could be from a few mods I installed, but I don't want to manually go through every edit... there are so much :shock: (I'm using AutoMOD).
Hello Bogey,

Your posts suggest that you made code changes for primetime 1.0.0, then at my advice you then tried to install 1.0.1-RC6 but it seems to me that you did not undo the 1.0.0 changes before trying to install RC6. I know this because

is a primetime edit. The original find for phpbb 3.0.6 is indeed

then inline find

$module_basename
inline add after

, false, $module_dir
is the code change by primeime.

You can choose to follow the update instructions found in the contrib folder if you don't want to undo the 1.0.0 file edits but that could be a pain. Your best bet is to make sure you remove all the code edits for 1.0.0, then install RC6.

Hope that helped :)
I never had primetime installed... this would have being my first time. I have installed other mods though that edited that file and a bunch more. I used AutoMOD and right now I have 24 installed MODs and 1 waiting to be installed.

And this MOD has like 45+ minutes worth of installing, so I understand there would be some discrepancies between my code and the installation's code finds.

I don't really need this MOD... it would become a phpBB that was killed by MODs... I would have two different types of blogs on it and things like that... I don't think I need it... unless there is a feature on this one that would enable me to do something that I would really like, then I'm not going to bother with installing it.

Where could I find a feature list?
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Bogey wrote:When I install and run the cms_install.php

I get the following error after I click "Submit".
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
How do I fix that?

I also don't see any forum to copy permissions from... that could be the issue.
Alright... I installed this MOD on a vanilla board and all file edits were good (Well... two file edits didn't go through... but I fixed that) and I'm still getting that error... any help? Please?
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

Blitze wrote:Hello Bogey, please download the latest version from here
Are you still getting the error with the latest version too?
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

No, with the latest version I got the following error: (When I was isntalling the blocks and stuff).
You must select a forum
(Well... I selected "Your first category"...)... I refreshed the page and everything is now good.

And then when I tried to install sample data I got a fatal error saying "cannot re declare delete_drafts()"... I don't remember what line or file... I simply went back in history and chose not to install sample data and everything seems fine...

Except when I go to the Primetime tab in ACP (the module) I get the error:

Primetime News:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 720

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1087

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1595

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1636

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1656

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1756

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 1960

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2358

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2362

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2366

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2370

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2418

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2440

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2445

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2449

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2453

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2501

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2523

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2927

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2935

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2943

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2951

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 2959

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3300

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3304

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3308

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3312

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3373

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3395

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3434

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3456

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3461

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3465

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3469

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3473

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3783

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3815

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3845

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3868

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3879

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3889

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3911

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3925

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3952

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 3978

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4167

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4180

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4214

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4242

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4256

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4278

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4292

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4496

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4532

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4568

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4594

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4623

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4637

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4668

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4698

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4851

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4876

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4908

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4934

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 4988

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5117

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5153

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5217

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5321

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5353

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5392

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5428

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5463

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5498

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5505

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5790

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5794

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5798

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5802

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5850

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5872

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5877

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5881

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5885

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5933

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 5955

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 6392

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 7588

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 7649

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 7730

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 12921

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 12986

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 13011

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\wd_rd4\modules\core\simplepie.inc on line 13574
Could not get feed
phpBB News:
SAME ERRORS AS ABOVE
I had those problems with the other version in th einstall file... could you PLEASE stop using those things? Because they're kind of deprecated.

Also, I get the following error in the center column in that ACP module:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

I think this sounds like an error that was reported not too long ago, where the person was installing PT onto WAMP and was getting a whole bunch of errors, in the end that the person decided to go ahead and install PT onto a web server and when they did there was no error. (I am completely unfamiliar with WAMP, but I saw it in the error you gave so I'm assuming you're using it) There was some issues with the sample data not too long ago as well that I think was addressed, but to be honest I can't remember if it was related to WAMP or it was something that was fixed in a newer version. As usual Blitze will need to chime in with the official word here.

As for the connection attempt fail in the ACP that's just simply the PT site being down at that time, has nothing to do with your site or your PT installation so you're good on that one at least :D
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

That's fine... I removed this MOD and I'm using Stargate Portal... Primetime was not right for me anyway... no need for me to have a blog, CMS, and a forum as one site...a blog and a forum... m aybe, but a CMS is an overkill.

Plus, stargate allows me to create static pages as well.
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

Aw that's cool man no worries, not every mod is for every site anyway :)

It's still a work in progress, trying to shake out bugs while features are being introduced and touched up.

(PT can do static and wiki pages too :p )
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Jaifaime wrote:(PT can do static and wiki pages too :p )
Yeah, I know... at least about the static pages :lol: thanks for the heads up on wiki :)
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

What about MODs that install on index like a chatbox, stats etc. will MODs work also on index? i noticed there are some changes in index.php and the way it's displayed in the URL...

:shock: wait.. how can I install the tables manually?

I think i got it. but on the very last step of installing i get this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'blah_forum.phpbb_block_positions' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT pid, pname FROM phpbb_block_positions WHERE style = 24

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 1419
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 340
CALL: cms_install_sample_blocks()
Actually, I don't think it even installed the SQL needed because of the install errors I kept getting.
I saw someone else having the same problem in support forum, but There is no option to uninstall.. i do not see one.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”