AJAX Quick Edit

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Re: AJAX Quick Edit

Post by Marc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:02 pm

@deseven: No thanks. By adding the MODs one by one, I should be able to find out which MOD is causing the issue.

@Xplorer4x4: Sure, just send me a link to your board via PM.

deseven

Post by deseven » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

marc1706 wrote:@deseven: No thanks. By adding the MODs one by one, I should be able to find out which MOD is causing the issue.
Okay... Right now our forum is in a testing stage, so i have about 30 days to fix that... or to disable the quick edit :(
Good luck.

S.kumaran

Post by S.kumaran » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:45 am

See the screen shot 1. There are font family and Custom BBCodes(posting). I use RedSilver(Redsilveer as like as Subsilver2) and phpbb 3.0.4.
After installed the AJAX Quick Edit 1.0.8 mod the things were in the Custom BBCodes select box are seen out now in AJAX Quick Edit. And font family is not there. See the screen shot 2.
In internet Explorer 8 submit and cancel are shown on the top but in Firefox 3.0.11 it is in below. But both should be on below. See the screen shot 3.
Sometimes it shows error when edit and submit in the AJAX Quick Edit. See the screen shot 4.
I need someone help to solve this problem.

katib

Post by katib » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 pm

I am back after a short holiday :)
marc1706 wrote:Could you create a test account for me? I'm not too good in arabic. ;)
I sent you a test account via PM
Good luck with arabic

Fuat

Post by Fuat » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Please remove this message, thank you

katib

Post by katib » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:09 pm

katib wrote:Hello
my board is using arabic langauge, all strings and messages are translated into arabic including the "quote" string
but when I edit a post with AJAX Quick Edit, the "quote" word comes in english not in arabic !!
where can I find this word ?
I reply to myself :D
I am using tha Advanced BBCode Box 3 by mssti http://www.mssti.com/phpbb3
This Mod has a languge file under /languge/ar/mods/abbcode.php
in this file, both the QUOTE and CODE srtings were missing !!!
So the AJAX Quick Edit search them omewhrer else, maybe from an english languge file
After adding those missing strings, the problem has gone !! all strings are displayed in arabic !!

Thank for help

S.kumaran

Post by S.kumaran » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:33 pm

S.kumaran wrote:Image

See the screen shot 1. There are font family and Custom BBCodes(posting). I use RedSilver(Redsilveer as like as Subsilver2) and phpbb 3.0.4.
After installed the AJAX Quick Edit 1.0.8 mod the things were in the Custom BBCodes select box are seen out now in AJAX Quick Edit. And font family is not there. See the screen shot 2.
In internet Explorer 8 submit and cancel are shown on the top but in Firefox 3.0.11 it is in below. But both should be on below. See the screen shot 3.
Sometimes it shows error when edit and submit in the AJAX Quick Edit. See the screen shot 4.
I need someone help to solve this problem.

Please tell me.(Author)

Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Marc, I sent you a pm and havent heard back for a week or so now.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Sending PM for help is against phpBB's Rules. And he is right to not respond you. Its very lucky that you escaped from a warning for doing so. :roll:

Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 pm

iftitaj wrote:Sending PM for help is against phpBB's Rules. And he is right to not respond you. Its very lucky that you escaped from a warning for doing so. :roll:
Read the topic, :roll: Marc told me to pm him.
marc1706 wrote:@deseven: No thanks. By adding the MODs one by one, I should be able to find out which MOD is causing the issue.

@Xplorer4x4: Sure, just send me a link to your board via PM.
If your going to play mod, please familiarize your self with the situation. Thanks.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 pm

OK Sorry! I thought you send PM for helping in your problem. Sorry once again. :oops:

chrsla

Post by chrsla » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:49 pm

I have a problem.

If i edit a post with "ß" or "ö" or "ü" or "ä" the words change.

If i write for example

fürs

it will be

fürs

Can you help me?

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:04 pm

@S.kumaran:
1. It seems like the select box for font family was added by some MOD. Same for the Custom BBCodes select box. You will have to edit quickedit.html the same way you edited posting_buttons.html.

2. I'm aware of the aligning problem. This will be fixed in the next version, although this is just some minor problem.

3. The error you are getting just appears if you doubleclick on either Submit or Cancel.

@chrsla: Sorry, but I can't confirm your error. What phpBB version are you using? The post text runs through utf8_normalize_nfc and therefore errors such as yours shouldn't appear. Does this even remain this way after refreshing?

chrsla

Post by chrsla » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:19 pm

I use the 3.0.5 Version of phpbb.

After clicking on the Quickedit Button the letters will be wrong. And i don't know why.
I only click on that button.

If i edit this letters and save it it will be also wrong.
What can i do?

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:55 am

Could you open your phpmyadmin and tell me what coalition the post_text column of the phpbb_posts table is using?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”