Page 2 of 5

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 pm
by updown
Ahri89 wrote:Hi, i have a 389 topics but the Sitenap send 403 URLs to Google, how work this mod? thanks
This MOD supports multiple pages and makes a seperate topic-link (with "start=") for each page!

Besides: Please notice that this sitemap-MOD DOES NOT check for read-rights! It outputs ALL topic-links, so it may happen that google indexes pages e.g. only for registered users, resulting in many trigger-errors causing same "Information"-content!

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:36 pm
by eman80
Thanks very nice mod easy to install works fine :)

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:44 pm
by Epick One
Nice mod. Using on my website. Installed very easily, and works great just set up my Google webmaster to it.

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:26 pm
by only1_PO
Can be this mod adjusted somehow to work with urls like http://www.xxxxx.xxx/tv-leskovac-kako-je-umro-brus-li-t1748.html ? I have installed SEO url mod on my forum and I need sitemap for this kind of urls.

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:18 pm
by evina
The bot still can't crawl topics that it's not supposed to read, can it?

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:51 pm
by mr.max
I'm lost my forum got's 3931 topics why in sitemap only see 236? :shock:

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 am
by PinoyEngineâ„¢
evina wrote:The bot still can't crawl topics that it's not supposed to read, can it?
Your topics must permit bots to have bot access in each.

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:34 am
by Epick One
Bot Access Forum Role for the Bots, for the same forums you want guests to read, so webcrawler searchbots can index those forums. :roll:

You can read more on permissions Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Permissions

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:24 pm
by CarolC1
Has anyone tried it on 3.0.5?

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:59 am
by AYHJA
I did...

Got an error:

"XML Parsing Error: no element found"

How do I start the program?

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:35 pm
by markcrobinson
I have installed the program on v 3.0.4, cleared the cache, and am now looking for the actual sitemap to submit to Google. Can you tell me if there is something I need to do to get the program to create the sitemap and the URL of the completed sitemap?

I would have suspected that browsing to the url
Handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php
would display a site map -- but it either displays a blank page or an error, depending on the browser.

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php
Line Number 3, Column 1:

Does it have anything to do with the fact that the bbs is installed in a folder /helppets instead of the root?


Thanks,
HandicappedPets.net

Re: How do I start the program?

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:09 pm
by robbaker
markcrobinson wrote:I have installed the program on v 3.0.4, cleared the cache, and am now looking for the actual sitemap to submit to Google. Can you tell me if there is something I need to do to get the program to create the sitemap and the URL of the completed sitemap?

I would have suspected that browsing to the url
Handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php
would display a site map -- but it either displays a blank page or an error, depending on the browser.

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php
Line Number 3, Column 1:

Does it have anything to do with the fact that the bbs is installed in a folder /helppets instead of the root?


Thanks,
HandicappedPets.net
Make sure you upload the "sitemap.php" file into the handicappedpet.net/helppets folder.

**And now I have a question of my own if anyone could help. Is there an adjustment I can make to the sitemap.php file to exclude certain forums, such as my trash bin and members only areas? I ask because I don't want google to keep trying to access each of these pages and getting the same message, creating pages full of duplicate content. Google don't like that very much from what I hear!**

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:47 pm
by Cebar
doesn't work

Paths don't match
We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that doesn't include the www prefix (for instance, http://example.com/sitemap.xml). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap do use the www prefix (for instance, http://www.example.com/myfile.htm).

Re: How do I start the program?

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 am
by markcrobinson
Make sure you upload the "sitemap.php" file into the handicappedpet.net/helppets folder.

I am sure.

Re: Topic SiteMap

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:57 pm
by markcrobinson
You said:
--------------------------------------------------
Paths don't match
We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that doesn't include the www prefix (for instance, http://example.com/sitemap.xml). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap do use the www prefix (for instance, http://www.example.com/myfile.htm).
-------------------------------------------------
Sorry - - but this isn't clear.
The instructions say copy /root/sitemap.php to the folder.
There is no mention of what to do with the other file: modx.prosilver.en.xsl
Can you please confirm that I should be able to see a valid sitemap by browsing to
http://www.handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php

I get this in IE:
XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://www.handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php
Line Number 3, Column 1:

And this in FF:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following tags were not closed: urlset. Error processing resource 'http://www.handicappedpet.net/helppets/sitemap.php'.