User status mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
kenobe

Re: User status mod

Post by kenobe » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 pm

platinum_2007 wrote:
kenobe wrote:This MOD is fantastic!

Unfortunately some of my members can't use it. Any idea why? Right now it's one moderator and one general member who are having problems (so different permission groups). The other members are fine ...
Whats the problem they are getting? they must have Javascript enabled to be able to use it also.
I spoke with one of the ones having difficulties again ...
- Javascript enabled,
- No error message (i.e. types in an update, but update doesn't appear in her status)
- No status listed in the .MOD in the ACP for either of these users - all others are coming up fine.

I've tried purging the cache ... not that I thought it'd do that much, but it's something I check first!

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Ask her if she see's the message "Status has been updated", also what browser? this would be a problem client side not server side as the script has no group restrictions on who can use it.

kenobe

Post by kenobe » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:16 am

platinum_2007 wrote:Ask her if she see's the message "Status has been updated", also what browser? this would be a problem client side not server side as the script has no group restrictions on who can use it.
One uses Explorer. The other uses Google Chrome and checked with Explorer 8. Neither is working for either. Both get the message "Status has been updated".

manuxtreme

Post by manuxtreme » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Seems to be a conflict with Prime Multi Quote
If I add this code to viewtopic.php, the mult quote function doesnt work.

Code: Select all

if (isset($config['enable_status']))
{
			// status 
		$sql = 'SELECT status_text
				FROM '.STATUS_TABLE.'
					WHERE user_id ='.intval($poster_id).' ORDER BY status_time DESC';
				$result = $db->sql_query_limit($sql, 1);

while($row = $db->sql_fetchrow( $result )) {
				$template->assign_block_vars('postrow.stat', array(	

'STATUS'			=> $row['status_text'],
		));
	}
}
This are the few lines before and after the above code:-

// Display not already displayed Attachments for this post, we already parsed them. ;)
	if (!empty($attachments[$row['post_id']]))
	{
		foreach ($attachments[$row['post_id']] as $attachment)
		{
			$template->assign_block_vars('postrow.attachment', array(
				'DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT'	=> $attachment)
			);
		}
	}

if (isset($config['enable_status']))
{
			// status 
		$sql = 'SELECT status_text
				FROM '.STATUS_TABLE.'
					WHERE user_id ='.intval($poster_id).' ORDER BY status_time DESC';
				$result = $db->sql_query_limit($sql, 1);

while($row = $db->sql_fetchrow( $result )) {
				$template->assign_block_vars('postrow.stat', array(	

'STATUS'			=> $row['status_text'],
		));
	}
}

$prev_post_id = $row['post_id'];
//-- mod: Prime Multi-Quote -------------------------------------------------//
	$prime_multi_quote_count = !isset($prime_multi_quote_count) ? 1 : ($prime_multi_quote_count + (empty($row['post_deleted_time']) ? 1 : 0));
//-- end: Prime Multi-Quote -------------------------------------------------//

//-- mod: Prime Quick Reply -------------------------------------------------//
	if (empty($row['post_deleted_time']))
	{
		if (!isset($prime_multi_quote_count) || $prime_multi_quote_count < 2)
		{
			unset($last_post); // Don't need to keep more than 1 post if we're not multi-quoting
		}
		$last_post[$row['post_id']] = array('post_text' => $row['post_text'], 'bbcode_uid' => $row['bbcode_uid'], 'username' => $row['username']);
	}
//-- end: Prime Quick Reply -------------------------------------------------//

unset($rowset[$post_list[$i]]);
	unset($attachments[$row['post_id']]);
}
unset($rowset, $user_cache);

Any ideas on solving this?

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Try adding it after the multiquote code

manuxtreme

Post by manuxtreme » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Ok cheers, your tip didn't work but since you said the code was movable I thought I could move it down further :D. Added it after the Prime Quick Reply code and it worked

Thanks again :)

kenobe

Post by kenobe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:04 am

kenobe wrote:
platinum_2007 wrote:Ask her if she see's the message "Status has been updated", also what browser? this would be a problem client side not server side as the script has no group restrictions on who can use it.
One uses Explorer. The other uses Google Chrome and checked with Explorer 8. Neither is working for either. Both get the message "Status has been updated".
Any suggestions platinum?

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 am

kenobe wrote:
kenobe wrote:
Any suggestions platinum?

I have yet to reproduce any problems with the mod so i cant really give a solution yet.

ericasf

Post by ericasf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 pm

v_lizzy wrote:Thank you. :) I managed to install it . Everything came back with 'success', but when I click on 'Update Status' nothing happens. :oops:

Same thing is happening to me. I would love to use this mod but can not figure out what is going on wrong.

ericasf

Post by ericasf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I got it to work by adding that line of code before the other added code. Thanks!

kenobe

Post by kenobe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 pm

ericasf wrote:I got it to work by adding that line of code before the other added code. Thanks!
Which code was that? Sorry for being dumb - but I don't want to change the wrong thing!

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_THEME_PATH}/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>
add that in overall_header.html above the first edit you did

noefekts

Post by noefekts » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm

The status can not be updated in my forum. When a visitor update it the message "Update successful" appears but actually it is not changed.

I suppose there is some issue with DB, when i installed the mod i got a message that enable_status_memberlist already exist (i suppose it was that). After that i uninstall it and install it again. This time there was no error but still the status cannot be updated. I am looking into tables that the mod created and the fields are empty.

Any ideas about that?

Another thing is the ability for a visitor to change his status right after he already done it. At the moment the only way for that is to refresh the page ot go to another section and then click update status again.

Jacotheron

Post by Jacotheron » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 am

platinum_2007 wrote:
add this to your overall_header.html in the <head> section (where you added the other code)

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_THEME_PATH}/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script> 
Hi all. I have version 3.0.5 and after making sure that I have done everything described in this topic, still cant get it working. I have the above line at the place, but still I get the same results: get a successful message, but the status does not get updated. I know that the jquery-file gets called. I am using Firefox 3.0.10.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
(PS: the site the forum is on is an Afrikaans (non-English) site)

EzerchE

Post by EzerchE » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Hello, i have installed this mod on my website but after the update to latest phpbb it start to not working. when i click update status, it does nothing i reinstalled the mod but nothing changed.

internet explorer gives this error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:10:08 UTC

Line: 110
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://www.oyunmaniac.com/forum/index.php

Line 110:

$("#status").click(function () {

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”