Author: Martin Truckenbrodt
Modification description: Advanced Block MOD improves the blocking features of phpBB.
- Replaces too much simple, not finished and unmaintained check_dnsbl phpBB3 core feature.
- Adds more IP-RBL DNS, HTTP and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists and UTC-12 trick to phpBB3.
- Supported HTTP blacklists: Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot, Block Disposable Email Adresses.
- All features and blacklists can be managed from extra ACP pages. Only some not important settings for the HTTP blacklists are hardcoded.
- Blacklists can be weighted from 0 to 5. The weight values are added to reach a threshold value of 5 before spam will been blocked. So if configured spam needs to been found on several blacklists before it is blocked.
- Adds a new log for Block actions. Adds logging for email_check_mx.
- Adds a feature to re-check posts and users for spam to the Forum logs, WHO IS ONLINE, MCP -> post details, MCP -> report details and ACP -> Manage users -> Overview.
- Allows to report spammers to HTTP blacklists manually and automatically.
- Adds a feature to require an e-mail address for guest postings. The e-mail address will been displayed only for administrators at the re-check spam pages.
- Supports Contact Board Administration MOD http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/c ... istration/ to redirect false positives to the contact page.
- Supports Advanced Double Activation Pack MOD http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/a ... tion_pack/ to add the Re-check spam feature to the ACP Verify user page.
- Supports Handyman` MOD version check - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... sion_check
- dnsbl_check is included in phpBB3 Olympus by default. But it is using the spamhaus.org DNSBL. This list creates a lot of false positives. There are other DNSBLs - e.g. dnsbl.tornevall.org - which are more recommended for the prevention of board spam registrations and spam posts.
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.11
Download file: AdvancedBlockMOD_1.1.4.zip
File size: 233.87 KiB
Modification overview page: View
The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.